Vinay Kumar is awful and should not be anywere near the Indian team!!!

All those picking up stats showing VK better then UY. One has immense potential to improve and be interantional and world class. One is as good as he gets and is rubbish and always be rubbish. I know which one I would want in team to play games and develop for 2015!! ps shame the warm up game against aussies before CT is not included in stats!! Blew them away.

All those picking up stats showing VK better then UY. One has immense potential to improve and be interantional and world class. One is as good as he gets and is rubbish and always be rubbish. I know which one I would want in team to play games and develop for 2015!! ps shame the warm up game against aussies before CT is not included in stats!! Blew them away.
Does the same count for Chawla as well who blew the Aussies away in a WC warm up match :--D
Challengers trophy 2013 VK - 3 match - 8 wicket - 6 economy UY - 2 match - 2 wicket - 8 economy Overall ODI career VK 29 match - 35 wicket - -36 avg - 5.7 economy UY 26 match - 29 wicket - 42 avg -6 economy :hmmmm2: stats from our ISI internal database.[sorry..its not possible to provide link due to security reasons] ps : VK is not a international class bowler.
This is the best Vinay can get while the worst of Umesh is not much worse than the best of Vinay while Umesh can only improve from here. If you look at their stats this year. They read: Vinay: 7 matches, 7 wickets, average 49.14, ER 5.98, SR 49. Umesh: 9 matches 11 wickets, average 33.18, ER 5.53, SR 36. Umesh is improving and will further improve if he gets to play more matches at this level while there is not much scope of improvement here for Vinay.
If you look at overall career stats of Ishant' date= they are far better than Vinay. 68 matches 96 wickets at 31, ER 5.70. Not bad at all.
And Vinay vs Umesh, career ODI record :cantstop: I think they don't want to destroy Umesh' confidence by playing him in ODIs at home. In a way good for him, he gets time to establish himself as a test bowler, will not have too much of a workload which should help avoid injury. If that is indeed the plan, hopefully one of the selectors /coaches has talked to Umesh on this.
And Vinay vs Umesh, career ODI record :cantstop: I think they don't want to destroy Umesh' confidence by playing him in ODIs at home. In a way good for him, he gets time to establish himself as a test bowler, will not have too much of a workload which should help avoid injury. If that is indeed the plan, hopefully one of the selectors /coaches has talked to Umesh on this.
Comparing Umesh and Vinay's record is not plausible because he is new and Vinay is a domestic veteran compared to him. Vinay does not have much scope of improvement. Umesh can only improve and I doubt he is going to improve and learn unless he goes through these match situations, play these matches, and feel that pressure and responsibility of bowling for India. He has no such issues as Ishant has right now. Ishant could have been a good ODI bowler but the technical issues are what taking him back. There is a reason I want him to be dropped for at least 1 year, only then he could realize what is wrong he doing. If he can sort out those issues, he can still be very good bowler, much better than Vinay. Playing an out of form, low in confidence, Ishant is not going to do any good to him.

One important thing many posters are forgetting is that BK and Umesh, one a medium fast swing bowler and another an out and out fast bowler have really complemented each other whenever they have played together and our pace attack as a whole has looked decent. BK and Vinay , who is also medium pace, when they play together, make the attack as a whole less potent. If BK is injured then Vinay paired with a decent quick bowler, will make the attack better than BK and Vinay together. Let us not forget that Ishant is not providing any pace at all too.

I still dont get vinnay as a bowler. Dont see any potential BK, trundle pace but moves it both ways with new ball Yadav, fast Ishant, tall and potential pace(ok pants at moment but in theory could have some weapons) VK, trundler, no movement, no height. What exactly is his assets or potential assets?? Even in theory he offers zero

I still dont get vinnay as a bowler. Dont see any potential BK, trundle pace but moves it both ways with new ball Yadav, fast Ishant, tall and potential pace(ok pants at moment but in theory could have some weapons) VK, trundler, no movement, no height. What exactly is his assets or potential assets?? Even in theory he offers zero
VK does not injure kaptaan saab's perennially injured fingers. Even BK and spinners might move the balls and hit a finger. With VK, it is so slow and predictable, hthe kaptaan saab is at peace. :yay:

Another guy who got his place in Indian team without any talent is unadkat. He is still a trundler who bowls around 125-132 max. He is a left handed version of Vinny. His bowling action is awful and he is never going to be an international bowler. Just wasting places in Indian team.

Comparing Umesh and Vinay's record is plausible because he is new and Vinay is a domestic veteran compared to him. Vinay does not have much scope of improvement.
absolutely,its hilarious to read the 28 yr old irfan vs 20 yr old jadeja, 27 yr old sehwag vs 20 yr old unmukt chand comparisons. what are they thinking? that unmukt and mandeep shud average like wasim jaffer and chopra at age 20? different development stages. individuals are different. the only comparison can be potential for international cricket.
absolutely,its hilarious to read the 28 yr old irfan vs 20 yr old jadeja, 27 yr old sehwag vs 20 yr old unmukt chand comparisons. what are they thinking? that unmukt and mandeep shud average like wasim jaffer and chopra at age 20? different development stages. individuals are different. the only comparison can be potential for international cricket.
exactly
VK, trundler, no movement, no height. What exactly is his assets or potential assets?? Even in theory he offers zero
its nothing new. these kind of players don't go away easily. remember amre,sunil joshi,dinesh mongia,sriram. Even in the 2009 ipl,commies were lamenting sriram could have got better opportunities,but whenever he played, it was obvious he lacked any matchwinning qualities for internationals. the only sad thing is it is continuing onto 2013. jaffer,you can forgive a bit,.he showed some class at least compared to the others.

Jaffer was actually decent. Did well in test series in england in which we won. Just did not kick on But dont see any assets for VK in reality or even in theory!! Can someone please explain why a guy who bowls 78 mph at height of 5ft 2 and who does not swing or seam the ball is being picked for India????? I am mystified!

Jaffer was actually decent. Did well in test series in england in which we won. Just did not kick on But dont see any assets for VK in reality or even in theory!! Can someone please explain why a guy who bowls 78 mph at height of 5ft 2 and who does not swing or seam the ball is being picked for India????? I am mystified!
The current selection committee is not considering pace or movement to be any factors for selection at all. The only criterion is performance in recent domestic matches, ignoring performances in internationals even. So we are getting VK etc.
This is the best Vinay can get while the worst of Umesh is not much worse than the best of Vinay while Umesh can only improve from here. If you look at their stats this year. They read: Vinay: 7 matches, 7 wickets, average 49.14, ER 5.98, SR 49. Umesh: 9 matches 11 wickets, average 33.18, ER 5.53, SR 36. Umesh is improving and will further improve if he gets to play more matches at this level while there is not much scope of improvement here for Vinay.
couldnt agree more

i dont believe how any one can defend vinay kumar and ishant here.it is just beyond me. even if you ignore the awful stats and even if you take into account flat tracks ,still if anyone even saw one over of these two clowns they will know how crap they have bowled and i am actually amazed how both of them do not go for 100 runs in every game :giggle: dont bring in yadav ..i dont care but why not give others chance? i will rather have unadkat who has some scope of improvement then these bowlers who have no future in this format..