Sourav Ganguly scores century 3 yrs after retirement

I think Anil Kumble and Javagal are in Karnataka Cricket Association and they have done quite a good job there in the stadium and building up the young players as well. But the bangalore pitch is still absolutely not international quality. Why it is so hard for Indians to prepare supporting wickets especially in test matches

On the contrary' date=' he's helping the other ten to learn how to play cricket at a national level. The Bengal youngsters apparently need a lot of grooming and coaching nowadays; apart from Sreevats Goswami, there's hardly any talent coming through.[/quote'] Grooming and coaching is all fine, Question is would he have continued to play in Ranji, if there is no IPL? Even now he can become official coach of WB, if he has so much affection towards WB cricket.

Look at it this way. Thanks to IPL, the Bengal players are getting to share the dressing room with him and learn a few things from a top player and an ex-national captain. How many teams have that privilege? Ganguly does have a lot of affection towards WB cricket, and is actively involved in it. Also, he is not keen to take up an official coaching position, as he is not keen to be a coach.

Grooming and coaching is all fine' date=' [b']Question is would he have continued to play in Ranji, if there is no IPL? Even now he can become official coach of WB, if he has so much affection towards WB cricket.
What's the big deal if he is playing in Ranji for his betterment for IPL?? They both are domestic tournaments. I don't see anything wrong in that
What's the big deal if he is playing in Ranji for his betterment for IPL?? They both are domestic tournaments. I don't see anything wrong in that
He is taking a place of a Bengali youngster who may have ambition to play for India in pursuit of preparing for a tournament where he can make money. Dont you see anything wrong with this?
He is taking a place of a Bengali youngster who may have ambition to play for India in pursuit of preparing for a tournament where he can make money. Dont you see anything wrong with this?
Let the Bengali youngster score enough runs at the club level and compete for his place rather than a Ranji cap being handed over to him just like that. If he cannot break through in such a weak team, he'll hardly manage anything in the national scenario. Just check out the averages of the players of the present Bengal team and you'll know what I am saying.
Bhai, ye to wohi baat hui, ki sher jab aged ho jaaye to wo shikaar par nai ja sakta. Cricketer to ab cricket field me hi jaayega aur cricket se hi paisa kamaega. At the end, he has served India for such a long time. We should respect his decision.