Pakistan: Most Successful ODI team of 2011

Asim

@Ultimate_Game Thats your opinion, keep it... above was mine and will remain the same... I can give all credit to ind you want for 03WC match but for 11 match I will always blame Pakistan first and its upto you sir how u'd like to take it... No worries...
then y do expect credit for Pak in this year when all they done was beating weak teams + a SL team which is involved in a pay issue..we rae blaming them before giving credit to Pak...as a WC finalist they should have easily beaten pak :wink:
true im not saying pakistan is best team this year ibut every one is saying he played against no team all teams were minnows grouping sri lanka with zimbabwe im just against it sri lank playedm ch better than india in england ... they still can beat nay team in odis on their days so im jsut saying give pakistan due credit for winning against them.. other teams were crap agreed .. actually i think now is the real test of pakistan against england (though they are crap under spinning conditions)
Agreed that Pakistan have done well this year but the title of the thread a bit over the top "Most successful team of 2011"!!! I mean this was a WC year and they somehow are still the most "successful" team even though they lost the tourney? It's akin to saying SA were the team of 90s or 2000s just coz they had the best winning %ge even though they never won the WCs :haha: People are taking issue with the title which suggests Pakistan have been the most "successful" team in 2011, whereas what the OP should have said was that Pakistan have the highest winning %ge in odis in 2011. There's a world of difference between being successful and having high winning %ge as SA can testify.
Agreed that Pakistan have done well this year but the title of the thread a bit over the top "Most successful team of 2011"!!! I mean this was a WC year and they somehow are still the most "successful" team even though they lost the tourney? It's akin to saying SA were the team of 90s or 2000s just coz they had the best winning %ge even though they never won the WCs :haha: People are taking issue with the title which suggests Pakistan have been the most "successful" team in 2011, whereas what the OP should have said was that Pakistan have the highest winning %ge in odis in 2011. There's a world of difference between being successful and having high winning %ge as SA can testify.
you just summed it up. more over do u guy in ur right minds really count zimbabwe,bangladesh as good enough opponents? there is a reason icc gives less points when u beat west indies .. .go figure
Sure' date=' maybe you can also convince yourself that Gul was "unlucky" in the game that he didn't get Sehwag or that the match was quite "close" even though the match was done and dusted with Afridi's wkt and nearly 90 runs to get :--D[/quote'] tairey ko WC03 ki example di, comparison paish kia, ab aur ppt presentation dun kya? anyways whatever makes you happy but now please dont say it was ind who MADE Pakistan to drop 5,6 catches...
tairey ko WC03 ki example di' date=' comparison paish kia, ab aur ppt presentation dun kya? anyways whatever makes you happy but now please dont say it was ind who MADE Pakistan to drop 5,6 catches...[/quote'] Nahin koi example dene ki zaroorat nahin hai... examples hum har WC mein dekh lete hain :haha: Doesn't matter who made Pakistan to drop catches, the point is they were not good enough to seize initiative or the big moments - be it bowling, batting or fielding, whereas India did just like a good team should.
Nahin koi example dene ki zaroorat nahin hai... examples hum har WC mein dekh lete hain :haha: Doesn't matter who made Pakistan to drop catches, the point is they were not good enough to seize initiative or the big moments - be it bowling, batting or fielding, whereas India did just like a good team should.
thanks... somehow you supported my argument...

its very rare for 2 teams to perform at there best. on the day india > pakistan so india won and india deserved cos they played BETTER than pakistan on the day not bcos pakistan played worse it was competition to play better than other team .. not to playedl ess worse than the opponents i dont get ur logic

Ab india mai ham sey one-to-one series ki himat nahi par rahi, so what can we do... We are all time, any time ready to play a series with india, its only them kept on running away from us B->
I don't like bringing politics into cricket but your comment deserves a reply in similar tone. Just ask Kayani and Pasha, not to send brainwashed mujahideen into India & we can happily play cricket as much as we want. Sounds like a plan?

Say whatever you want but you have to give credit to Pakistani team.. Going thru all the controversies, incompetent board, financial crisis n no home games, no other team could have survived the way Pakistan did.... heck with all theses negativities, I wud be happy if my team even put some mediocre performances but Paksitanis are playing like champs.. How often do we Indians win so comfortably against Bangladesh or Srilanka but Pakistani team just ATE them..totally rutlhless performance... Well played Pakistan... U got my respect!!

thanks... somehow you supported my argument...
Not quite... there's a subtle difference. Your argument simply stated Pakistan lost the match coz they were bad without giving any credit to the opposition. My argument was that one of the main factors Pakistan were as bad as they were was due to pressure applied by India right from the start courtesy Sehwag and that India were better under pressure in all disciplines. There's a world of difference between the two positions. As for Pakis dropping catches it had lot to do with the pressure of playing India in a big match. I am sure if Pakistan was playing somebody like B'desh or Zim they would have taken most of those catches, but the pressure of big match coupled with playing against a strong opponent got to them.
and what are u saying pakistan could ve been better? ok then by ur logic india should ve scored 300 (they did that all tournament) they didn't played to there potential..just like pakistan didn't
Definetly YES, had they not dropped that may catches in 1st inng, no? and then had Misbah at least better rotated the strike, he was like at only 15,17 in around 42,45 balls when ReqR was nearly 8RPO...
Definetly YES' date=' had they not dropped that may catches in 1st inng, no? and then had Misbah at least better rotated the strike, he was like at only 15,17 in around 42,45 balls when ReqR was nearly 8RPO...[/quote'] isnt misbah part of pakistan team? so if he played badly pakistan played badly in sports when u play there is nothing like potential buddy its all about performance its performance that counts u didn't performed on day u lost we performed better we won.. simple?
Definetly YES' date=' had they not dropped that may catches in 1st inng, no? and then had Misbah at least better rotated the strike, he was like at only 15,17 in around 42,45 balls when ReqR was nearly 8RPO...[/quote'] Going by coulda shoulda woulda logic... 1. If Pakistan had caught SRT earlier Yuvraj, Dhoni or Raina could have come earlier and smashed Paki bowlers around. 2. If Misbah had tried to score at a faster rate, he would have gotten out earlier just like Paki openers, Akmal Jr and Afridi. I can go on but these hypothetical scenarios only help in deluding yourself :haha:
its very rare for 2 teams to perform at there best. on the day india > pakistan so india won and india deserved cos they played BETTER than pakistan on the day not bcos pakistan played worse it was competition to play better than other team .. not to playedl ess worse than the opponents i dont get ur logic
OK, now generally speaking, not in context with Pak Ind match. Do you really belive there is no such thing exists in cricekt like "XYZ played poor cricket today"? Is it ALWAYS the one team plays better and "makes" other team to play poorly? and there are no such terms used in cricket like miscalculation, -ve approach/attitude, bad fielding, drop catches, lack of temprament, poor short selection etc etc? tell me honestly what % role THE OTHER TEAM plays when we use such terms?
You're looking at my statement in the wrong context. This was a reply meant solely to the post I quoted. Winning the World Cup is an honour indeed. But India didn't actually rule the world after that 1983 victory *cough*:giggle: It was WI,Pak,Aus,Eng and then India throughout the 80's
throughout the 2000s it has been Ind,Oz,Eng,SA. Pak has never been no 1 in either ODIs or tests ever, staying in the august company of New Zealand. Every other team has been no 1 in one format (Eng,SL) if not both(India,Oz,SA,WI). Also India did well after 83 victory. 85 world championship india def imran cornered kuttas twice. there was mass wife aka sister beating in paki land after that.
Going by coulda shoulda woulda logic... 1. If Pakistan had caught SRT earlier Yuvraj, Dhoni or Raina could have come earlier and smashed Paki bowlers around. 2. If Misbah had tried to score at a faster rate, he would have gotten out earlier just like Paki openers, Akmal Jr and Afridi. I can go on but these hypothetical scenarios only help in deluding yourself :haha:
thanks for also defining your scenarios...