Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219

1983-2011

Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219  

1. 1.

No sachin ? why
maybe i am saying. without that win cricket would not have been as big in india. sachin yes i guess. he was well on his way in 1983 towards a cricketing career. but ppl like ashwin, laxman, kumble who have engineering degrees would probably pursue engineering as cricket would not have been such a lucrative career.

so the biggest thread after a fabulous knock is about comparing and we have people arguing why this not not such a good knock with silly arguments on small ground and not such a strong opposition (same set bowlers who have consistently bowled out our top order in the past 3 games) or how WI is not a top ranked team etc. etc. 200 in an ODI is a huge deal and to score that so easily take a certain amount of genius. comparing knocks is a futile exercise especially when both batsmen are someone we love. Why can't we just sit back and laud this awesome achievement. to me it was such a great knock because it was so inevitable Everyone was saying that Sehwag if he plays long has a very good chance of getting it and he did it finally. that is one reason why there is not a lot of hype around it. Sehwag makes everything looks to easy - you get lulled into feeling that runs are so easy to come by. But we have seen so many times in Tests how the pitch suddenly looks difficult once he gets out. another big reason i am very happy is that for an Indian Fan this is the perfect thing to have happened. With the scoring rates going up there will be people making 200 + runs now in ODI's. Shane Watson came very close and there will be others. an indian breaking the record is a really great thing and who better than Sachin's disciple to get it.

so the biggest thread after a fabulous knock is about comparing and we have people arguing why this not not such a good knock with silly arguments on small ground and not such a strong opposition (same set bowlers who have consistently bowled out our top order in the past 3 games) or how WI is not a top ranked team etc. etc. 200 in an ODI is a huge deal and to score that so easily take a certain amount of genius. comparing knocks is a futile exercise especially when both batsmen are someone we love. Why can't we just sit back and laud this awesome achievement. to me it was such a great knock because it was so inevitable Everyone was saying that Sehwag if he plays long has a very good chance of getting it and he did it finally. that is one reason why there is not a lot of hype around it. Sehwag makes everything looks to easy - you get lulled into feeling that runs are so easy to come by. But we have seen so many times in Tests how the pitch suddenly looks difficult once he gets out. another big reason i am very happy is that for an Indian Fan this is the perfect thing to have happened. With the scoring rates going up there will be people making 200 + runs now in ODI's. Shane Watson came very close and there will be others. an indian breaking the record is a really great thing and who better than Sachin's disciple to get it.
This.
Yes and Steyn is a nobody along with Kallis while the likes of Roach ' date=' Rampul , Sammy have 1000 International wickets together .[/quote'] Roach is far better than Kallis of 2010, Steyn is a great test bowler but he has never made his mark in ODIs so far atleast.He has played just 57 odis. Rampaul has very similiar odi stats .It is not as if Steyn is Joel Garner in ODIS. So how is that bowling attack better than WI attack.
Roach is far better than Kallis of 2010, Steyn is a great test bowler but he has never made his mark in ODIs so far atleast.He has played just 57 odis. Rampaul has very similiar odi stats .It is not as if Steyn is Joel Garner in ODIS. So how is that bowling attack better than WI attack.
Yep thats why West Indies has been winning ODIs after ODIs and are a force to reckon with unlike south Africa
maybe i am saying. without that win cricket would not have been as big in india. sachin yes i guess. he was well on his way in 1983 towards a cricketing career. but ppl like ashwin' date=' laxman, kumble who have engineering degrees would probably pursue engineering as cricket would not have been such a lucrative career.[/quote'] That is some extrapolation!!! You are giving that Kapil Dev 175 too much credit here. Its not one of those vital moments of Indian cricketing history as you make it out to be. Cricket would still be lucrative as there just is too much money involved in it now.