Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219

1983-2011

Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219  

1. 1.

Seems like you are also not too good at understanding the context in which the posts were made.Some parts have bolded for easy understanding,hope you get it this time. Oh.. looks like you missed out on some posts of this thread as well.Here are some gems from this thread for your convienience: And finally this arguement that he wasnt able to hit because he was getting 1-2 balls an over is pretty ridiculous.Someone batting in 190's is well set and expected to ht even one off ball he faces to the fence. So,to all those coming out with different(non-existent) reasoning,accept that fact that Sach was determined to get 200 that day when he reached 190's and decided to get rest of the runs playing safe,not to be blamed as this will be modus operandi of most of batsmen(except Veeru) nearing such a landmark.
this :winky: even i am thinking why MTC wrote that no one blamed Dhoni.. I remember those 2 posts....the whole stats debate started after those... May be Sach fans wrote it as funny posts....they are very decent folks.. :winky:
this :winky: even i am thinking why MTC wrote that no one blamed Dhoni.. I remember those 2 posts....the whole stats debate started after those... May be Sach fans wrote it as funny posts....they are very decent folks.. :winky:
It's the same 'selfishly' as Sachin was supposed to be batting 'selfishly'. Wonder why 'selfishly' becomes a blame for someone else and a reality and a mode of description for someone else. Dhoni did hog most of the strike, and that is the truth of that day. Nothing wrong with putting up stats as long they are relevant and true.
Seems like you are also not too good at understanding the context in which the posts were made.Some parts have bolded for easy understanding,hope you get it this time. Oh.. looks like you missed out on some posts of this thread as well.Here are some gems from this thread for your convienience: And finally this arguement that he wasnt able to hit because he was getting 1-2 balls an over is pretty ridiculous.Someone batting in 190's is well set and expected to ht even one off ball he faces to the fence. So,to all those coming out with different(non-existent) reasoning,accept that fact that Sach was determined to get 200 that day when he reached 190's and decided to get rest of the runs playing safe,not to be blamed as this will be modus operandi of most of batsmen(except Veeru) nearing such a landmark.
I still dont see anyone blaming Dhoni as a batsman. dhoni was being selfish for the team's sake and thats what being pointed out No matter how well set one is, you hit on a maximum of 1-2 balls in an over. Look at Pollard's brutal show yesterday. Was he hitting or trying to hit every ball? Was he being selfish? He was hitting maximum one big shot an over. Sachin was playing safe for a landmark? Thats the most retarded thing I ever heard. In fact his actions made him almost miss the landmark. When he saw Dhoni was hogging the strike, any batsman would have tried to hit out to reach the landmark while Sachin was contended giving strike to Dhoni. If Sachin was so concenred about records as you say, he would have tried to make as many runs as possible so that it would be beyond the reach of other batsmen
I still dont see anyone blaming Dhoni as a batsman. dhoni was being selfish for the team's sake and thats what being pointed out No matter how well set one is, you hit on a maximum of 1-2 balls in an over. Look at Pollard's brutal show yesterday. Was he hitting or trying to hit every ball? Was he being selfish? He was hitting maximum one big shot an over. Sachin was playing safe for a landmark? Thats the most retarded thing I ever heard. In fact his actions made him almost miss the landmark. When he saw Dhoni was hogging the strike, any batsman would have tried to hit out to reach the landmark while Sachin was contended giving strike to Dhoni. If Sachin was so concenred about records as you say, he would have tried to make as many runs as possible so that it would be beyond the reach of other batsmen
Are you serious...
Dhoni was playing selfishly and wanted to hog all the attention
He was deliberately trying to keep Sachin away from the strike
if the above two are not personal blame...i dont know what else is
I still dont see anyone blaming Dhoni as a batsman. dhoni was being selfish for the team's sake and thats what being pointed out No matter how well set one is, you hit on a maximum of 1-2 balls in an over. Look at Pollard's brutal show yesterday. Was he hitting or trying to hit every ball? Was he being selfish? He was hitting maximum one big shot an over.
Check the posts again,regarding selfish batting,I think you have comprehension problems as well or you are seriously deluded to cant understand what this means :
Dhoni was playing selfishly and wanted to hog all the attention
He was deliberately trying to keep Sachin away from the strike
Citing Pollard's example doesnt make any sense.Completely different scenario,he was chasing a target.Chasing and setting up scores are 2 completely ooposite things.You play more freely while setting up scores especially when your team is placed at 350 around 45th over mark,you try to hit everything out of the park,like Dhoni was doing.
Sachin was playing safe for a landmark? Thats the most retarded thing I ever heard. In fact his actions made him almost miss the landmark. When he saw Dhoni was hogging the strike, any batsman would have tried to hit out to reach the landmark while Sachin was contended giving strike to Dhoni. If Sachin was so concenred about records as you say, he would have tried to make as many runs as possible so that it would be beyond the reach of other batsmen
Never was he in a position to miss out on getting to 200,thats why he was assured he can gget there by taking singles or 2s.When did I say he was playing for individual records,I just said he wanted to minimize the risk and get to this never reached before landmark and I am not complaining about it as most of the batsmen would have done the same thing(especially in this case where the other batsman was going all hell for leather).I have never said he was selfish,its just that he wanted not miss getting there having got so close to such a landmark.