So quiet on a Friday?

Lurker

Did you happen to go the new pedestrian mall on broadway/times square :haha: ??
Lol! Not yet, but interesting you bring it up. Was reading about it today in NY times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/26/arts/design/26clos.html
Well, I’m happy to report that, a day after the stretch of Broadway between 42nd and 47th Streets was closed to cars, the soul of Times Square remains intact. The neon still sparkles. Tourists still wander around bewildered. The whiff of last night’s junk food still hangs in the air.
But I worry about the character of the mall, with its string of disconnected plazas. While Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg has said the plazas are a work in progress — he will decide in December whether to transform them into something more permanent — they feel like odd leftover spaces. Until the city commissions a plan for a more detailed design, we won’t know what they will become.
So far the pedestrian mall in Times Square is marked by little more than a few wobbly tables and metal chairs. A row of orange barriers frames the mall’s northern edge, where a half-dozen police officers patiently redirect traffic heading down Broadway. Workers have scattered a few potted plants across the street’s asphalt surface. (Seventh Avenue, which intersects Broadway at 45th Street, remains open to traffic.)

For some reason, I enjoy the Friday more than the actual weekend itself. Right through every Friday, I am excited at the prospect of having two days where I can pretty much do what i want and sleep longer hours, without fear of deadlines and e-mails. Come the actual weekend though, time just seems to fly (esp if you get up late) and before you know it, its Sunday afternoon and you realize its time to do the laundry and all the other boring crap. :D

It's friday and I have found this new Japanese restaurant Noori Japan in Lakeforest Mall, Maryland at Russell Avenue.. These guye serve Indian style Aloo ki chat waalei npotatoes along with their special fried rice. Classic. Bring on the weeked now.
Japanese restaurant for a Vegetarian. Hmm....Never heard of Indian style food in authentic Japanese. May be this guys are trying Fusion to attract more crowd. Anyways, Veg Sushi is not bad, mainly cucumber instead of the raw fish. I love the wasabi that goes with it. Try it next time, but be careful with the Wasabi. It is one of the strongest things I have ever tasted.

Japanese restaurant for a Vegetarian. Hmm....Never heard of Indian style food in authentic Japanese. May be this guys are trying Fusion to attract more crowd. Anyways, Veg Sushi is not bad, mainly cucumber instead of the raw fish. I love the wasabi that goes with it. Try it next time, but be careful with the Wasabi. It is one of the strongest things I have ever tasted.
Man I need new things to try in Veg in these diff restaurants. I never knew there is something like Veg sushi. Where can i find this. and wats the wasabi and stuff. and tell me more good things. I am a Veg.

Guest Gunner
Man I need new things to try in Veg in these diff restaurants. I never knew there is something like Veg sushi. Where can i find this. and wats the wasabi and stuff. and tell me more good things. I am a Veg.
Wasabi is concentrated mustard paste. The effect shoots accross your brain in seconds. I usually stay away from the Wasabi. But I love sushi, I could live just eating sushi for the rest of my life.