A list of some utterly Asinine and Hideous statements made by the Bradman Fanatics

Guest BossBhai

^ Arre jhandu balm quit the make belief' date=' seedhe seedhe bol de na ki haan main patriot hoon aur ICF ke bina nahin rah sakta hoon and try better in the second innings. Now is your chance to differentiate yourself from the choker of second innings.[/quote'] As you like Shwetabh bhai. :icflove:
3 of those scorecards are from from 1998. One of those 98 final is against Kenya. Does it count ? 1 from 99 in a league match ( not a final) . The only final post 98 was the 2000 ICC Knock out. Bottom line is avg of 27 post 1998 till before the CB series in 2008 in 12 finals. Big match/Final temperament ? I remember there was a time where punters in Mumbai made a killing, betting against SRT in finals especially while chasing. Remember those days when betting odds against SRT in finals were posted on Mid-day.

^ lagta hai pehle ki maar ne kuch yaad dilaya. Usi spot pe phir se laat mili zoron ki tab yaad aaya. hehehe BTW: The below masterpiece should be on ICF banner with your name, will attract fellow psychopaths and give you good company. :cantstop:

Originally Posted by BossBhai In other words the Gap between SRT the bowler and Sobers the Bowler is not as wide as SRT the Batsman and Sobers the Batsman.
Sahi bola bhidu.. I doubt the choker would pay his PR team after he retires. Last I heard, he sold a gifted car on which he evaded duty and is now asking for a waiver on capital gain tax since it was a " gift". Wah....:two_thumbs_up: In a few years time, Bharat Ratna would also be on sale..you heard it first here.
Poor choice of words. In the context of tax/duty the word 'evade' has a rather negative connotation. I'm sure you're aware of that. A rough chronology of the events that transpired: - Sachin equals Bradman in # of test centuries and Ferrari decides to gift him a car. Schumacher hands him the keys. - Sachin applies for an exemption on customs duty (1) ( very different from evading duty) - The government grants him the exemption, and the duty on importing the gifted car is waived. - The Finance minister also proposes to modify the Customs Act. Hitherto, only automobiles won as prizes could be exempted from duty (2) - The proposed change is eventually introduced & the Customs Act is accordingly amended. - PIL is filed in the DHC on the amendment and it garners a lot of public attention - With debates (read: controversy) brewing, Sachin declares that he will pay the duty inspite of getting a waiver from the government, just so that the controversy is laid to rest. - Ferari steps in and agrees to pay the duty. Now the fun part; (1) & (2) Sachin wasn't the first cricketer to ask for such an exemption. Ravi Shastri had won an Audi ( can't remember which year) and he had asked for an exemption on Import duty back then. The government then amended Customs Act when the financial bill was passed, and declared that automobiles that are won as a prize would have the import duty waivered. In Sachin's case, it wasn't a prize, but was an ersatz prize gifted to him in lieu of his performance. That he applied for an exemption is based on the previous precedent , i.e Shastri's behaviour. You can hold all kinds of grudges against Sachin's batting, bowling and fielding. But accusing someone of dodging tax/ evading duty is a rather serious allegation. And in this case its baseless. Fact is, that Tendulkar is a breed apart among modern cricketers. Not just on the field, but off the field too. With a near perfect public image. You want to fault someone for the entire controversy, point your gun at the government, not Tendulkar. He merely asked for an exemption, which given the circumstances wasn't wrong at all. I could go on where top notch Industrialists have been gone and evaded duty on machines they've imported into India that has harmed their segment of the market and monopolized trade. Just to highlight the difference.But that'd be going off topic. You say he is seeking a Capital gains waiver on the sale of his 'gift'. Haven't come across this anywhere. Care to share a link. If he is, I think it would be unethical. But I don't think he'd do anything of the sort. The tax would be chump change for him, and he has an image to live up to. Why does all this have to be a part of the discussion anyways? Even if he did something wrong off the field, it doesn't change his on field heroics and vice versa. I don't see any of the Sachin Brigade on ICF make up random stuff about Bradman's non cricketing exploits - like his alleged affair with that kangaroo in his backyard, and drag it to this thread. Do they?
Yeah..I've got called a Paki 2 times already for exposing SRT's aaukat viz other greats so may be I am not a " true " patriot in the eyes of some fanatics. Yeah don't believe me...I am not a patriot by your criteria. hehehehe..
Thanks to you, calling someone 'Patriot'(the poster) is now worse than calling them Pak
For me it's always been between Tendulkar and Richards for the top spot' date=' with Tendulkar edging it till his second consecutive failure in a World Cup final last year. After that it has been Richards as the number 1. I would not hold one World Cup final failure against a player because it's cricket and such things happen, but looking at World Cup finals history guys like Warne and Richards were able to bounce back at their second attempt. Murali is another big name who has failed in two World Cup finals, but then I doubt too many people would put him in the top 10 of ODI bowlers anyway - at least I won't.[/quote'] Come Outsider, you are surely better than that. Two match is not a good enough sample, particularly when you are chasing 360 in SA in one. He got out to a good ball in this one, thats all.
Thanks to you' date=' calling someone 'Patriot'(the poster) is now worse than calling them Pak[/quote'] Your intellect is worth 2 cents my friend. Atleast, you recognize that. I did not bother you, yet you continue to poke me. Did the flow of this thread dissuade you from doing pooja and aarti on your bhagwan ? Is that why you chose to poke me, without provocation ?
Come Outsider' date=' you are surely better than that. Two match is not a good enough sample, particularly when you are chasing 360 in SA in one. He got out to a good ball in this one, thats all.[/quote'] LOL. You are right. His must be given a sample of atleast 8-10 World Cup finals, since he belongs to a different category. 2 WC finals are surely not enough to prove that he is not a choker. Why do morons like you even follow cricket.
Poor choice of words. In the context of tax/duty the word 'evade' has a rather negative connotation. I'm sure you're aware of that. A rough chronology of the events that transpired: - Sachin equals Bradman in # of test centuries and Ferrari decides to gift him a car. Schumacher hands him the keys. - Sachin applies for an exemption on customs duty (1) ( very different from evading duty) - The government grants him the exemption, and the duty on importing the gifted car is waived. - The Finance minister also proposes to modify the Customs Act. Hitherto, only automobiles won as prizes could be exempted from duty (2) - The proposed change is eventually introduced & the Customs Act is accordingly amended. - PIL is filed in the DHC on the amendment and it garners a lot of public attention - With debates (read: controversy) brewing, Sachin declares that he will pay the duty inspite of getting a waiver from the government, just so that the controversy is laid to rest. - Ferari steps in and agrees to pay the duty. Now the fun part; (1) & (2) Sachin wasn't the first cricketer to ask for such an exemption. Ravi Shastri had won an Audi ( can't remember which year) and he had asked for an exemption on Import duty back then. The government then amended Customs Act when the financial bill was passed, and declared that automobiles that are won as a prize would have the import duty waivered. In Sachin's case, it wasn't a prize, but was an ersatz prize gifted to him in lieu of his performance. That he applied for an exemption is based on the previous precedent , i.e Shastri's behaviour. You can hold all kinds of grudges against Sachin's batting, bowling and fielding. But accusing someone of dodging tax/ evading duty is a rather serious allegation. And in this case its baseless. Fact is, that Tendulkar is a breed apart among modern cricketers. Not just on the field, but off the field too. With a near perfect pubic image. You want to fault someone for the entire controversy, point your gun at the government, not Tendulkar. He merely asked for an exemption, which given the circumstances wasn't wrong at all. I could go on where top notch Industrialists have been gone and evaded duty on machines they've imported into India that has harmed their segment of the market and monopolized trade. Just to highlight the difference.But that'd be going off topic. You say he is seeking a Capital gains waiver on the sale of his 'gift'. Haven't come across this anywhere. Care to share a link. If he is, I think it would be unethical. But I don't think he'd do anything of the sort. The tax would be chump change for him, and he has an image to live up to. Why does all this have to be a part of the discussion anyways? Even if he did something wrong off the field, it doesn't change his on field heroics and vice versa. I don't see any of the Sachin Brigade on ICF make up random stuff about Bradman's non cricketing exploits - like his alleged affair with that kangaroo in his backyard, and drag it to this thread. Do they?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: If interested, I can tell you there are ways to 'make' ancient newspaper clippings, it can be a deadly weapon in hands of someone like you. Overall, top class stuff as always.
Come Outsider' date=' you are surely better than that. Two match is not a good enough sample, particularly when you are chasing 360 in SA in one. He got out to a good ball in this one, thats all.[/quote'] I think it's a good enough sample for the levels - all time greats - we are talking about. And I've also let the field open to others to produce a counter evidence of someone considered in the top 5/10 who has failed in 2 opportunities in a World Cup final. No one has been able to come up with a single name yet, maybe you can try. Just repeating what I wrote earlier, there have been failures from Warne and Richards the first time round, but did they not compensate for it on a second attempt? Shouldn't they get extra points for doing what they did on the biggest stage of ODI cricket?