"England do not deserve the #1 ranking "

"I can't see them getting moved for at least five or six years, maybe eight. I think for five or six years they'll stay pretty much as they are now. Two players - the captain and Pietersen - might be the two that in four or five years' time might fade out," Botham said. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-23/top-stories/29918210_1_ian-botham-england-players-england-captain Ian Botham :hysterical:

"I can't see them getting moved for at least five or six years' date= maybe eight. I think for five or six years they'll stay pretty much as they are now. Two players - the captain and Pietersen - might be the two that in four or five years' time might fade out," Botham said. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-23/top-stories/29918210_1_ian-botham-england-players-england-captain Ian Botham :hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
"I can't see them getting moved for at least five or six years' date= maybe eight. I think for five or six years they'll stay pretty much as they are now. Two players - the captain and Pietersen - might be the two that in four or five years' time might fade out," Botham said. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-23/top-stories/29918210_1_ian-botham-england-players-england-captain Ian Botham :hysterical:
:hysterical: hyping themselves as usual.
:hysterical: wobbly was saying they can play spin
I was and some of them can, but to do so they must play their natural game. They just blocked everything and never put Pakistan under any pressure. We should have let the openers open and then moved Barbie or Prior up the orde with free reighn to swipe some runs. instead we sat back and were put to the sword. pathetic, worse than pathetic cowardly
I was and some of them can, but to do so they must play their natural game. They just blocked everything and never put Pakistan under any pressure. We should have let the openers open and then moved Barbie or Prior up the orde with free reighn to swipe some runs. instead we sat back and were put to the sword. pathetic, worse than pathetic cowardly
None of them can. They cant play natural game against quality spin they dont have the skill.

i still think they do atleast much more then india they competed well in bowling department but batting failed yet again they are really good at home and outside subcontinent and i still think theyare improving in subcontinent ,swann,paneser bowling unit is set now they need to learn play spin and they can actually compete here~

Sri lanka need to somehow pursuade Murali for one final hurrah at home vs the Poms. Give him rank turners and screw the poms.
Herath is an underrated bowler - he took nine wickets to beat SA at Durban. Get him, Randiv and Mendis (England haven't seen a lot of him) on dust bowls and do what Ajmal and Rehman have done. Also, Lanka's batting is stronger than Pakistan's with Sanga, Mahela and Samara all capable of piling on big scores so they will have more of a cushion than the Pakistani bowlers did (not that they needed it)
i still think they do atleast much more then india they competed well in bowling department but batting failed yet again they are really good at home and outside subcontinent and i still think theyare improving in subcontinent ,swann,paneser bowling unit is set now they need to learn play spin and they can actually compete here~
I agree, but the first thing they need to learn is not to sit back and block over after over. You need to challenge the spinner, that was so poor it hurts