Duleep Trophy 2011-12

Chandan

My first impression of SAHA was he a good keeper but very slight in terms of physique ' date= did not think he could bat.I am completely surprised at how fit he is, a fantastic keeper, very good team man, a very good batsmen with fantastic technique, surprise surprise can also hit shots all over and also clear the boundary and very good timer of the ball and confident.NO DOUBT I WANT HIM AS OUR TEST KEEPER, WITH GAMBHIR AS THE CAPT.
:two_thumbs_up:

Gambhir as captain? are you kidding me.... that guy doesn't even command a place in the test XI based on his crappy performance over the past year. He is as useless as some of our other ageing warriors as far as test matches are concerned. To add to that, he is totally one dimensional (no bowling ability, no special fielding ability). He can probably go places in our odi unit because of his flexibility in batting at different positions in the top order. But he has shown pathetic form in tests over the past year. In fact, he would be thrown out if we had better options at opener. Only option right now is mukund.

another catch dropped on Shami in this match, 4 catch dropped of his bowling. This is the reason fast bowlers in weaker teams get so less wickets because of their pace bowl flies quickly to slips and catches are dropped and their fielding standards are poor likes of Assam, Jharkhand, Vidarbha, Bengal.

another catch dropped on Shami in this match' date=' 4 catch dropped of his bowling. This is the reason fast bowlers in weaker teams get so less wickets because of their pace bowl flies quickly to slips and catches are dropped and their fielding standards are poor likes of Assam, Jharkhand, Vidarbha, Bengal.[/quote'] Good point. I wonder how many have been dropped off Dinda in this season. East Zone, by the way, is bowling pawaarhouse now. Only if we had a good spinner.
Good point. I wonder how many have been dropped off Dinda in this season. East Zone, by the way, is bowling pawaarhouse now. Only if we had a good spinner.
5 catches are already dropped of Shami's bowling in this match. Shami has been most impressive bowler till now for me, already 5 wickets and 5 sitters dropped in slips, 10 wickets in all. He can be a test strike bowler for India the way he is bowling decent pace, swing away, and good accuracy as well, especially in places like SA, England, NZ, and Aus.