Duleep Trophy 2011-12

Chandan

well lets hope for best man.. thing is nechim,dinda arent tundlers they bowl like international bowlers..
Bowling a few overs like an international bowler and doing the job for the country for 4/5 years are two different things. Ishant Sharma has looked like a world-beater in few of his spells but has mostly flattered to deceive.
Bowling a few overs like an international bowler and doing the job for the country for 4/5 years are two different things. Ishant Sharma has looked like a world-beater in few of his spells but has mostly flattered to deceive.
He has won us 2 test series ,Yes he is down now but he has won us matches in the past.
but thats where thee guys specially dinda are different thye have taken wickets on patta nechim was lone bowler for his team he got some support today and see.. ishant to me is overated as hell he is laughing stock world wide now a days
He has won us 2 test series ' date=Yes he is down now but he has won us matches in the past.
That is the reason I said that he has looked like a world-beater in some occasions. But consistency and averages are not with him presently. I though hope he figures himself out soon and comes back and delivers.
but thats where thee guys specially dinda are different thye have taken wickets on patta nechim was lone bowler for his team he got some support today and see.. ishant to me is overated as hell he is laughing stock world wide now a days
I really hope Dinda does well and gets the right opportunities. But we'll only figure out how good he is once he gets a run. His wickets have not all come on pattas, the Eden wicket has been pretty green all throughout this year.
I really hope Dinda does well and gets the right opportunities. But we'll only figure out how good he is once he gets a run. His wickets have not all come on pattas' date=' the Eden wicket has been pretty green all throughout this year.[/quote'] Dinda is not a test prospect...ODIs at most.
So the guy picking truckloads of wickets in first class cricket isn't good enough for tests! You keep learning new things everyday.
There have been many like this who have not been good enough for tests even after taking truckloads of wickets in FC. This is my point of view about Dinda, I am not an astrologer. He does not posses those ingredients I see in a fast bowler according to me, but until and unless he plays tests, no one can be sure about it like it was in case of Vinay as some people were saying he will be successful in tests, but he looked hopeless. Otherwise, he would have been picked by now for tests. Though Dinda will be better than Vinay most times whether in tests or ODIs or T20.
Central Zone mein wahi purane players honge Bangar, Kaif, RP Singh, Piyush Chawla, Bhuwaneshwar Kumar, Tanmay Srivastav, Murali Kartik, Parwinder Singh, Naman Ojha, TP Sudhindra plus some players from Rajasthan like Robin Bisht, Pankaj Singh, Rituraj Singh
Nice Kaif, Bangar, Murali Karthik all close to being pot bellied dads still in it to fill up the usual allocated honarary spots.
And how do you know if a guy is not good enough for test cricket without letting him play at a level higher than the Ranji level? Also based on the bolded part, why dont you try suggesting how the East Zone team should be? or perhaps the teams from all 5 zones?
Generally certain types of players succeed at test level. For batsmen --- those who play pace bowling well and are good both on the front foot and back foot, ( All Indians play spin well, so that is not a deciding factor ) For pacers --- who have both pace and some movement. Unless a bowler is experienced, some pace is required to be a strike bowler. For spinners --- have the ability to turn the ball on most surfaces and get some zip and bounce off the pitch OR bowlers who can bowl consistent flippers at high pace for a spinner. Those spinners who can bowl the wrong un or turn the ball both ways have a greater chance of succeeding at test level. As the Duleep trophy is a longer format, players who have the potential to play well at test level should be the main choices. Only a few exceptional talents outside the abovementioned category should be choosen, the rest should fit the category.
Generally certain types of players succeed at test level. For batsmen --- those who play pace bowling well and are good both on the front foot and back foot, ( All Indians play spin well, so that is not a deciding factor ) For pacers --- who have both pace and some movement. Unless a bowler is experienced, some pace is required to be a strike bowler. For spinners --- have the ability to turn the ball on most surfaces and get some zip and bounce off the pitch OR bowlers who can bowl consistent flippers at high pace for a spinner. Those spinners who can bowl the wrong un or turn the ball both ways have a greater chance of succeeding at test level. As the Duleep trophy is a longer format, players who have the potential to play well at test level should be the main choices. Only a few exceptional talents outside the abovementioned category should be choosen, the rest should fit the category.
Please name some players who fit your above criteria. At least try naming 10 batsmen, 10 pacers and 5 spinners as per your criteria. Thank you.