Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

Typical... these are the same things suppossedly Kohli and Ishanth told to OZ players during last tests :giggle:
What to do. Indian supporters also are getting reduced to such helplessness when u have such crap performance from the team. One thing though, over the years we have dominated many teams in Indian conditions, but none of our players have made the kind of arrogant statements the Aussies and the English have done. I am sure that is going to change in the next 2 series-vs England and Australia.
What to do. Indian supporters also are getting reduced to such helplessness when u have such crap performance from the team. One thing though, over the years we have dominated many teams in Indian conditions, but none of our players have made the kind of arrogant statements the Aussies and the English have done. I am sure that is going to change in the next 2 series-vs England and Australia.
if oldies keep on playing and all of sudden retire before england series we might lose it.. broad showed us that he can still pick wickets in these conditions with finn in place of tremlett its a good attack and w/o experince we might lose
if oldies keep on playing and all of sudden retire before england series we might lose it.. broad showed us that he can still pick wickets in these conditions with finn in place of tremlett its a good attack and w/o experince we might lose
Somehow I get the feeling that inspite of everything, India will still perform well at home. Dravid will retire only after the England series and Sachin will continue after that too. Laxman may be dropped even if he doesn't retire. England will pick wickets but will be nowhere as effective as they were in England. And English batsmen will struggle in Indian conditions.
if he can get 1 more 5 wicket haul he will be proven thing tbh compared to find of ishant last time we toured he is a bigger find who has performed much better then ishant of 2008 but since team is losing his performances are going unnoticed
Ishant did won us the odi series and won us the series in india against australia ,Donot forget the batting lineup ishant bowled to in 2008 was much better than this one.But umesh is a great find and i have been for his inclusion for so many years.
Ishant did won us the odi series and won us the series in india against australia ' date='Donot forget the batting lineup ishant bowled to in 2008 was much better than this one.But umesh is a great find and i have been for his inclusion for so many years.[/quote'] im talking abt tests.. see ishants stats.. of tht series ofc
Somehow I get the feeling that inspite of everything, India will still perform well at home. Dravid will retire only after the England series and Sachin will continue after that too. Laxman may be dropped even if he doesn't retire. England will pick wickets but will be nowhere as effective as they were in England. And English batsmen will struggle in Indian conditions.
see .. they would ve gotten sufficient practice against pakistan. so they will play lil better against us then if mr dravid retire just before series we would have only tendulkar in middle order who is experienced young players need 2-3 series to get settled look at kohli.. was he test class in west indies (i know we are playing at home but still pressure would be much more) ideally we would like dravid , laxman to retire after this series in adelaide or maybe after match one against nz (dravi only , laxman wont play another test after adelaide im sure)
Kya din aa gaye hain? The likes of Ed Cowan are making a mockery of Dravid' date=' Tendulkar, and Laxman and the sad thing is that he is right and they don't even have the ability to hit back with a performance that could make him eat his words.[/quote'] Tension na looh .. isko India aane dhoo .. yahi par iske G@@nd maarenge on a spinner track.. jaab g@@nd ke peeche se bold hoga phir pata chalegaa isko apne aukaat... :giggle: I am totally pissed off by this l0nruu.... :finger:

Check this out. More or less what we were discussing. http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/550433.html

Prepare 'rank turners' for visiting teams - Gambhir Gautam Gambhir has called for "rank turners" to be prepared in India for visiting teams Ž© AFP Gautam Gambhir has called for "rank turners" when teams visit India after India have lost seven consecutive away Tests on pitches that he reckons had lot of grass on them. He said the real test of a team was to win overseas, and that Indian curators shouldn't hesitate to make it as tough as possible for visiting teams. "We need to realise that when we go overseas every country prepares wickets to their own strengths," Gambhir said. "So once the other teams come home we need to prepare tracks to our advantage as well. So there should not be a lot of talk when Australia or South Africa or England come home that we should not be preparing turners. I think we should be playing to our strengths, and if we can prepare rank turners, that's where their technique and their temperament will be tested." Gambhir said there was a lot of movement available to seam bowlers in all of their seven defeats starting from the English summer onwards. "We have seen in last three Tests matches and even in England, there was a lot of grass and that helped their seamers," he said. "Once these people come to India we should not be hesitant in making turners, and that's where we would get to know whether they are mentally strong, and [what happens to] the kind of chit chat do they do when we go overseas and they talk about our techniques. "That's where they will be tested, and we'll see how good they are against spin bowling. So we shouldn't be hesitant in preparing turners to our advantage, and that has been our strength and if we can do that people should support us rather than saying we should not be preparing turners. We should always be preparing something which is to our advantage." Gambhir was asked what progress he saw in Peter Siddle's bowling from the time he debuted against India in 2008-09 to now being the leader of the Australian bowling attack. "The only difference is the conditions," Gambhir said. "He made his debut in Mohali. He played really well in that Test series. It's [these are] his own conditions, it's his own backyard. The important thing is once you start doing well in subcontinent, that's when you are rated as a very good bowler. "He has bowled really well in this series - no doubt about that - he has been their main bowler who has always taken wickets whenever he has got into his spell. The important thing is, how he bowls well in the subcontinent. Here he has bowled well, but let's see what he does in other conditions as well." That didn't stop Gambhir from praising the Australian bowling unit, whose performance he rated higher than the English bowlers last summer. "When you see the results both have been at par," Gambhir said. "England had a lot of lateral movement, but over here a lot of credit goes to them [the Australian bowlers]. They had a very inexperienced attack. England have far more experience than the Australian fast bowlers. The way they have bowled in this series is tremendous. "They have never let us off the hook, they have always kept us under pressure though they were playing with just three seamers and a spinner. They kept coming at us, which is important, because there are times in Test cricket where you can get easy runs, especially in middle sessions. A lot of credit has to go to them. "Even in the middle sessions they kept hitting those areas, and never let us score freely. As we all know Indians are known to score runs freely. Most of our middle order has been boundary hitters. They never let us score those boundaries. Never gave us balls where we can score freely. Especially in that middle session."
He is the only positive for India on this disastrous tour. Great find. But what worries me is that he'll mostly be bowling on flat tracks, with no bounce & movement, in India.
see his stats in first class cricket strike rate of 46.. which is gr8 imo he knows how to get wickets here. and has reverse swing i think he can be our next zaheer khan :D
Stats are misleading' date='He bowled extremly well at perth and adelaide against top class batsman,[/quote'] no they are not. even wicket taking is a art he looked well even in england but did that help us at all ? he bowls too short to get edges i remeb story abt one of west indian bowler (sorry forgot name) he bowled well in first 2 tests but no wickets kept beating the bat it was australian tour in 3rd match he changed his length a bit and got many wickets in that match and rest of series he has talent ishant always bowled those impressive spells .. but problem is he hasnt been consistent yadav gets wickets its a good habit to have see his strike rate..in first class as well as tesst cricket
see his stats in first class cricket strike rate of 46.. which is gr8 imo he knows how to get wickets here. and has reverse swing i think he can be our next zaheer khan :D
He needs to aim to be better than Zaheer Khan. Zaheer Khan is just an average bowler and his stats shows that. Zaheer has been good enough for the last 4 years. We need bowlers who can sustain their performance for a long career not just a few years of span in his career.
He will be better than zak if he is handled well and stays motivated ,which i think he would as he seen hard times.
no they are not. even wicket taking is a art he looked well even in england but did that help us at all ? he bowls too short to get edges i remeb story abt one of west indian bowler (sorry forgot name) he bowled well in first 2 tests but no wickets kept beating the bat it was australian tour in 3rd match he changed his length a bit and got many wickets in that match and rest of series he has talent ishant always bowled those impressive spells .. but problem is he hasnt been consistent yadav gets wickets its a good habit to have see his strike rate..in first class as well as tesst cricket
you are taking about Ambrose here.