Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

see his stats in first class cricket strike rate of 46.. which is gr8 imo he knows how to get wickets here. and has reverse swing i think he can be our next zaheer khan :D
Those are really good stats for a fast bowler on Indian flat tracks. He will only get better if the pitches have some grass.
i remeb story abt one of west indian bowler (sorry forgot name) he bowled well in first 2 tests but no wickets kept beating the bat it was australian tour in 3rd match he changed his length a bit and got many wickets in that match and rest of series
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/51107.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;opposition=2;series=327;template=results;type=bowling;view=innings
He needs to aim to be better than Zaheer Khan. Zaheer Khan is just an average bowler and his stats shows that. Zaheer has been good enough for the last 4 years. We need bowlers who can sustain their performance for a long career not just a few years of span in his career.
You do not judge somebody just by stats,Zak has bowled mostly on dead tracks so it affected his average also pitches from 2003-2009 were flat and most bowlers average 30+ ,steyn averages under 25 but if he played day in day out on these tracks he would be not able to maintain that as he showed in abudhabi.
You do not judge somebody just by stats' date='Zak has bowled mostly on dead tracks so it affected his average also pitches from 2003-2009 were flat and most bowlers average 30+ ,steyn averages under 25 but if he played day in day out on these tracks he would be not able to maintain that as he showed in abudhabi.[/quote'] see wht i said was ishant did bowled well in that series in 2008 but never got wickets we all saw how impressive he was ishant never took those 5 wicket hauls i dont care abt averages zaheer wasnt this good before he improved his avg was arond 35 he got it down now steyn even in india bowled well.. and even in abu dhabi got wickets he is best bowler in the world right now..

I hope they do not play him in the t20s and all the ODIs post the test series. Needs to be given proper rest in between matches to recover. Should not play all the tri series that BCCI is likely to schedule in the next 6-8 months. We did that with Ishant and completely ruined him. Let him establish himself at the test level for the next 12-18 months before playing him regularly in ODIs.

see wht i said was ishant did bowled well in that series in 2008 but never got wickets we all saw how impressive he was ishant never took those 5 wicket hauls i dont care abt averages zaheer wasnt this good before he improved his avg was arond 35 he got it down now steyn even in india bowled well.. and even in abu dhabi got wickets he is best bowler in the world right now..
Steyn bowled well in abudhabi? Did you watch him bowl.Point is if you make steyn bowl day in day out on indian conditions ,It will affect him even if he is the best fast bowler in the world curently.
Steyn bowled well in abudhabi? Did you watch him bowl.Point is if you make steyn bowl day in day out on indian conditions ' date='It will affect him even if he is the best fast bowler in the world curently.[/quote'] no i meant if u compare to others like anderson.. steyn still bowled well enough those were absolute roads..and i think he still got 4 wickets and ofc bowling in these conditions is hard but its not impossible u will never get average of 24 in sub continent i agree but ishant has better average at home then away.. wht do u think abt that? in subcontinent u need reverse swing.. and need to out smart the batsman otehrwise u will struggle
no i meant if u compare to others like anderson.. steyn still bowled well enough those were absolute roads..and i think he still got 4 wickets and ofc bowling in these conditions is hard but its not impossible u will never get average of 24 in sub continent i agree but ishant has better average at home then away.. wht do u think abt that? in subcontinent u need reverse swing.. and need to out smart the batsman otehrwise u will struggle
Ishant has not got it right away otherwise he should be averaging far less.
He did get it right in wi and bowled well in eng and i remember his spell in srilanka where was unplayable' date='He has so much potential he just needs guidance .[/quote'] no one is saying he has no potential.. he is talented his height gives him big advantage over others and he got his pace back and again bowled well in england occasional good spells thats exactly my point he bowls good spells.. which are gr8 to watch but lacks consistency and never gets many wickets how many 5 wicket hauls did he get against big teams? ishant has potential to be best in world but u dont win by potential and playing 40 odd matches many people dont even get to play these many matches in whole carrer he is very lucky
yadav and aaron are the 2 new best things for indian cricket
yadav is here to stay.. and i liked aaron more when they both played for india.. they need to take good care of them arron can become a really good odi bowler and can potentially help us get rid of our ancient problem of not being good at end of innings hope team management backs him up

"Next generation have to earn their spot" : Hussey He slogged it out for over 10 years in domestic cricket to get his first Test and veteran Australian batsman Mike Hussey on Sunday said youngsters who want to replace him will have to earn their spot in the team as it is not his "responsibility to pass the baton on". "Next generation has to earn their right. I played for over 10 years of first class cricket for one game of Tests. I don't feel it's my responsibility to pass the baton on," the 36-year-old batsman said ahead of the fourth and final Test against India starting here on Tuesday. "The first class structure though has changed. When I was coming through, pitches were very good and batsmen were getting 1000 runs in a season on a consistent basis." "Now conditions are more seamer friendly. It's uncommon, indeed rare, to have 1000 runs in a season. The goalpost has changed. We have a few outstanding batsmen who have played in difficult conditions. The 600-700 runs in a season now is worth 1000 runs of olden days," he added. Hussey, who has scored 253 runs at 84.33 in the ongoing four-match series which Australia lead 3-0, made it clear he wasn't prepared to hang his boots yet to make way for a younger guy. "All I am looking forward to is this Test, not beyond it. I have set myself up for this Test, my body feels good, I'm playing well and am mentally keen for battle in the middle." "Playing next Twenty20 World Cup is a carrot, I want to be part of the World Cup again. I didn't do well in West Indies, at least the way I would've liked in Tests, so I want to go there and play well. There's one-day cricket in England which is always fantastic." "When I came in, I was lucky enough to be in a team which is the best I ever played for. Now having gone through the turbulence, I would like to be a part of it on way up again." Hussey also doesn't think that other senior members of the team like Ricky Ponting and Brad Haddin have any plans to retire. "We haven't spoken (on it). But just watching them go about their training, the hunger is there. I would be surprised if other guys wanted to move on." "They all are wanting to be part of the team. I haven't picked up any hints that they are going to leave the game," he said. Hussey also said he is enjoying the company of the younger cricketers who have come in and joined the team. "Somebody like Ed Cowan is similar in character. He too discusses strategies, how to face to Zaheer or Ashwin or Ishant. We toss around a lot of ideas. But then there is Warner who, while we are talking about how to survive, says why not smack it over the top." "It's great to know how different guys are thinking about the game. You provoke a conversation and come to know them a bit better." Asked what he had on mind post-retirement, Hussey said, "I don't know what I'd like to do. Coaching, media or administrative stuff, I have to see what I like, I don't really know at the moment." "Presently, I love playing and passing on my experience to help younger members of the team. To contribute to Australia's success as they work their way back to be number one, I want to play a role in that journey," he added. http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/48701/next-generation-have-to-earn-their-spot/?utm_source=ig&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=gadget __________________________________________________________________________ The bold part is interesting.