Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

i really think he is very very underrated he can bowl faster then most indian front line bowlers technically his batting is up there with dravid.. he is very effective batting wise i rate ponting, tendulkar above him but as a cricketer he is best.. so important for south africa..and as a person too he is gr8 unlike ponting

Pray' date=' what can a coach do if the fielders are languid? It's time to make a simple policy, just like Bob Simpson did for Australia in the 90s, field good or stay out.[/quote'] A good fielding coach (e.g. Mike Young) can for a start, teach the fielders under his tuition better ground fielding techniques and could probably introduce the novel idea of actually putting your body behind the ball. Slips catching advice wouldn't go astray either. India has too many talented cricketers that are complete trash in the field to adopt the Simpson approach. India's languidness in part stems from constant poor efforts in the field which serve to dishearten bowlers and the overall morale out on the field. 2.4/10. Not really addressing the issue is a concept which seems to permeate right through to those in charge of Indian cricket. Pretty chilly. http://www.weathercity.com/pk/pb/lahore/ Your post employed classic ad hominem reasoning. A logical fallacy typically used by the less intelligent amongst us or those with no proper argument against the proposition.
A good fielding coach (e.g. Mike Young) can for a start, teach the fielders under his tuition better ground fielding techniques and could probably introduce the novel idea of actually putting your body behind the ball. Slips catching advice wouldn't go astray either. India has too many talented cricketers that are complete trash in the field to adopt the Simpson approach. India's languidness in part stems from constant poor efforts in the field which serve to dishearten bowlers and the overall morale out on the field. 2.4/10. Not really addressing the issue is a concept which seems to permeate right through to those in charge of Indian cricket. Pretty chilly. http://www.weathercity.com/pk/pb/lahore/ Your post employed classic ad hominem reasoning. A logical fallacy typically employed by the less intelligent amongst us or those with no proper argument against the proposition.
is something wrong with me? i understood everything u said in last 2 lines :woot:

If Dhoni was not banned... We would have had the same team as the first two matches... and the same batting line up in all the four matches. This is called confidence in the batting line up...:whack: I can't believe that even after the drubbing so far, the team management couldn't find an excuse to try someone else.

Probably the best 'cricketer' in the purest form of the word in that he is a world-class batsman and a very good bowler (has lost a bit of zip recently as you would expect). Tendulkar is the better batsman, just above Ricky, but neither are as complete as Kallis. Although Ponting does add a lot of value in the field. The Ponting vs. Kallis vs. Tendulkar is ludicrous anyway. All of amongst the best we've seen, and no one is head and shoulders better than any other.

Can India save Adelaide test match? Well, I too came down to wrist slitting. What do you guys think? Can India? I feel India will be lost by end of 4th Day. Aussie's will pile up some 600 runs in first innings and will declare one hour after tea on day 2. India's first innings will fold by tea on 3rd day. Second innings would be a bit more resilient and will last 4 sessions. All in all, we not getting into fifth day. Is there any better word than frustration to express frustration?

Theoretically yes... Pitch is ultra flat...by some good bowling or OZ overconfidence we can get them All out for not too big score .. then some of our Batters's will click together..anyhting can happen and what about this wrist slitting nonsense..people have their opinion some time its better to have a real perspective than the Pseudo Patriotic chest thumping

if you plot the time which I spent each day watching test matches in this series against progress of this tour on x-axis, you'll get a perfect example of exponential decay curve. The sad part is I can not reduce that time any more. I have already stopped watching, y'day I did'n see even a single ball, now I have to cut down on the number of times I check scores on cricinfo, then will cut down on the number of media reports on cricket i read and eventually will cut down on the time I spend in cricket-talk section of ICF. Have to take cricket out of my system.

I think India will manage to Draw this even if 2 out of 6 Batsman play well...(we already seen in case of Oz ). Having said that the only weakness still is in the heads of Indian batsman. Technically even a Bangladesh or WI level team can survive this pitch for say about 8 session (over 2 innings) which should be just enough to force a Draw.