Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

We should learn the nitty gritty details of spot fixing' date=' match fixing, infighting and how to announce retirement and then make a comeback within a week and finally the most important - how to blame BCCI and ICC for everything that's wrong.[/quote'] and win a test match :winky:
if you plot the time which I spent each day watching test matches in this series against progress of this tour on x-axis, you'll get a perfect example of exponential decay curve. The sad part is I can not reduce that time any more. I have already stopped watching, y'day I did'n see even a single ball, now I have to cut down on the number of times I check scores on cricinfo, then will cut down on the number of media reports on cricket i read and eventually will cut down on the time I spend in cricket-talk section of ICF. Have to take cricket out of my system.
Don't think that's possible. Been trying to do so for years. Even after all these defeats, the next time India wins something I will be again doing this. :dance::dance: I guess we Indian Cricket Fans are too thick-skinned. :two_thumbs_up:

I was actually interested in ashwin's performance..don't know y but I thought he would bamboozle Australia with his variations ... watched the match till 1 am when Ashwin had taken two wickets...then ponting and clarke started to attack ashwin...went to sleep when ponting was on 87 because the match started getting boring...lots of runs..no wickets..sehwag bowling lots of overs...ZZZzzzzzzz

Guys I spent hours and hours on statistics of Ponting from FirstClass to Test matches as a captain, batsman, and non-player. I also came with a binomial, normal, log normal to model runs scored and thus each distribution similar to Possion Distribution. On the distribution, I equated lognormal, produced the formula closer to James's Pythagorean's. There are some deviations but they are within 0.00014 of the sample range of RS and RA. Please be aware, James had it for modelled for baseball but I modified to suit cricketing needs. PontingScore = RS^c/(RS^c + RA^c) where... (google to get James theory what these represent.._ I don't want to post my formula and observation here but you can PM me for details. What does it mean to commoners? In the layman terms, my equation yields that Ponting may outscore Sachin in 5.8 years if he continues to play and Sachin for another 2.3 years. BTW, I sent my finding to Cricket Australia, and am awaiting their reply.
Hey DhoniAdorer, interesting work there... Can you please PM me the details? baseball seems to be fast turning into a statistical guiding light to cricket... anyway, for the start, did you try parameter fitting for modeling the runs scored? you can try using alpha distribution and check if it reduces the deviations(?)