Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

India Do Not Deserve the No.2 Ranking Let's be honest here. England beat them 4-0 last summer, it'll be pretty similar when they go to India. South Africa would probably smash them by an innings in any test at any ground. Australia are in the process of destroying India 4-0. Australia made just over 600 against India's poor bowling attack, the same Australia that got bowled out for 47 against South Africa and the same Australia that lowly New Zealand beat in one test. Pakistan have the best spinner in the world according to the rankings and bowled England out TWICE for under 200 on a flat deck. Something India couldn't do in their wildest dreams to England. Plus Pakistan have totalled over 300 already against England. So I'd say India are around 5th in the rankings. Although them and Sri Lanka would be a good game :haha: :haha: :haha:

If India takes this match to 5th day it will be phenomenal !!! (I can now feel how WI & Bangladesh fans must be going through ).
We feel much worse at the moment than WI or BD fans. We had much more expectations from this team, with this team being number 1 in not so distant past, then BD fans ever did or WI fans ever had in last decade and half.
Let's be honest here. England beat them 4-0 last summer, it'll be pretty similar when they go to India. South Africa would probably smash them by an innings in any test at any ground. Australia are in the process of destroying India 4-0. Australia made just over 600 against India's poor bowling attack, the same Australia that got bowled out for 47 against South Africa and the same Australia that lowly New Zealand beat in one test. Pakistan have the best spinner in the world according to the rankings and bowled England out TWICE for under 200 on a flat deck. Something India couldn't do in their wildest dreams to England. Plus Pakistan have totalled over 300 already against England. So I'd say India are around 5th in the rankings. Although them and Sri Lanka would be a good game :haha: :haha: :haha:
I agree with you. It's not just that we lost. We were humiliated. Ashwin can keep making stupid comments like "when two teams play, one wins and one loses", that would also apply if Clive Lloyd's team of the 70s and 80s played against a Cherrapunji XI. One team would still lose. But if that one team is India all the time, and even before the game starts; if India can't score as many runs in two innings as the opposition can in half (4/5 wickets down), something is really wrong somewhere. Even Zimbabwe or Bangladesh haven't had as bad a run in test cricket as India have of late, so putting it down to "a couple of bad series" doesn't cut it any more. Individuals have "couple of bad series", teams of XI don't. As a test team, India is probably on par with West Indies and New Zealand, and below Aus, Eng, SA, Pak and SL.
I agree with you. It's not just that we lost. We were humiliated. Ashwin can keep making stupid comments like "when two teams play, one wins and one loses", that would also apply if Clive Lloyd's team of the 70s and 80s played against a Cherrapunji XI. One team would still lose. But if that one team is India all the time, and even before the game starts; if India can't score as many runs in two innings as the opposition can in half (4/5 wickets down), something is really wrong somewhere. Even Zimbabwe or Bangladesh haven't had as bad a run in test cricket as India have of late, so putting it down to "a couple of bad series" doesn't cut it any more. Individuals have "couple of bad series", teams of XI don't. As a test team, India is probably on par with West Indies and New Zealand, and below Aus, Eng, SA, Pak and SL.
agree
We feel much worse at the moment than WI or BD fans. We had much more expectations from this team' date= with this team being number 1 in not so distant past, then BD fans ever did or WI fans ever had in last decade and half.
you dont know anything about Bangla fans expectation..they are expecting their team to win last 3 world Cups :winky:

Let me remind OP that both Pak and Ind toured WI a few months back where India managed to win the series whereas Pakis have yet to win the maiden series in WI. Beating B'desh, Zim or SL in UAE id not saying much and don't really see how Pakis are supposed to be better :confused: As for Eng we all know how poorly they play spin when they recently lost 5-0 to Ind in odis and couldn't even play likes of Jaddu competently :haha:

Definitely better than you for sure' date=' I think. Dadaji Ganguly and you are the only two who think highly about Dartbhajan the Test spinner. So decide between the two of you who the dud is.[/quote'] Once again 400 plus test wickets. I know its a stat that the haters cant handle but thats why he is though of highly as a test spinner. Ashwin has showed on this tour thats its not that easy to do what bhaji has done. Anyway Ashwin will be 20 stone by next year, which will put his carre in jeapordy. Remarkable no one wants to condemn ashwins lack of proffesionalism in this reagrd and take him to task on this fatness
Once again 400 plus test wickets. I know its a stat that the haters cant handle but thats why he is though of highly as a test spinner. Ashwin has showed on this tour thats its not that easy to do what bhaji has done. Anyway Ashwin will be 20 stone by next year, which will put his carre in jeapordy. Remarkable no one wants to condemn ashwins lack of proffesionalism in this reagrd and take him to task on this fatness
what averaging over 75 in OZ ??

Record for big scores in a series Does anyone know what's the record for big scores in a series by a team. By big scores I mean 150+ runs by a batsman. IIRC Aus have already racked up 6 totals so far in 4 tests - 3 in Sydney (Clarke, Hussey, Ponting), 1 at WACA (Warner) and 2 in Adelaide (Clarke and Ponting). Also, Aussies have managed to score 2 double hundreds and one triple this series. Is that some sort of record? And what's amazing is that India has yet to score an individual hundred this series :haha: