Duleep trophy dream teams

Sooda

Shukla instead of Devang maybe. Aaron and Dinda are a cut above Paul in terms of general ability. Before Paul and Bose, Sagarmoy Sensharma and Dattatreya Mukherjee has played many seasons for Bengal and has even won a Ranji Trophy for them. And for opening in the Duleep Trophy, you cannot miss Arun Lal. Will singlehandedly beat all the maharathi bowlers of the other sides.
For EZ, you can pick Chetan Sharma who moved there in the early 1990s and played for them in DT

I remember Malhotra clearly and Tiwary is far better than him. Only problem with Saba is that he cannot get into the team just as a batter. Those FC averages are tricky since most of those scores are against other hapless East Zone teams. I like Saba but he'll be the backup keeper.

Did not know Saba Karim was so good in Ranji cricket, I remember him opening the batting for India in ODIs..and I did not even know of Malhotra...might drop Tiwary then...:hmmm: Its Ashok malhotras birthday today :cantstop:
he played most of his career in the east zone i could probably average 50+ in the east zone. to be fair, thats probably good enuff to get u into the indian team these days. LOL

that central zone team is so pathetic. what an absolute joke. and considering that the central zone includes teams from the MOST POPULOUS STATES OF INDIA - we're talking 200+ million ppl here - that is a real shame. they should be expelled from the republic of india for producing such a crappy all time XI after 65 years of independence.

Dada, Saba averaged 53 playing for East Zone in the Duleep Trophy! Had 50+ average against teams like CZ, Delhi, Karnataka, Maharashtra, NZ, Punjab, Railways, WZ, Baroda, etc. Did a quick check, against those teams, he had a record of 35 matches, 2900+ runs@79 with 9 100s!! Itna bhi bada minnow basher nahi tha wo. It was unfortunate he never got his due in the early 90s when he was at his peak as a keeper-batsman-captain!

he played most of his career in the east zone i could probably average 50+ in the east zone. to be fair, thats probably good enuff to get u into the indian team these days. LOL
Played most of his career in North Zone (13 out of 20 years), became a Bengal cricketer only for the last 6-7 years of his first class carer. :)
Dada, Saba averaged 53 playing for East Zone in the Duleep Trophy! Had 50+ average against teams like CZ, Delhi, Karnataka, Maharashtra, NZ, Punjab, Railways, WZ, Baroda, etc. Did a quick check, against those teams, he had a record of 35 matches, 2900+ runs@79 with 9 100s!! Itna bhi bada minnow basher nahi tha wo. It was unfortunate he never got his due in the early 90s when he was at his peak as a keeper-batsman-captain!
abey yaar waise hum east zone ke dher saare losers dekhein hain yaar, debang gandhi bhi ek east zone waala tha... india mein 70 ka average, internationals mein ghanta
virender sehwag to tum bengaliyon ka baap nikla hai yaar' date=' tum log dabanngg gandhi, debabrata das, uptal splatterjee aur kaise kaise jhantu cricketer produce kar ke virender sehwag ki baare mein baat kaise kar sakte ho yaar[/quote'] Ganguly :yay: Manoj Tiwary coming up :yay: Saha the brave boy coming up :yay: :yay: Rest- had been kept out due to politics :(( Who's Debabrata Das, btw? :hmmm:
65 years of independence, and just 1 good international cricketer wtf bengal and central zone should be expelled from the republic, IMO
All the other good men were thrown out because of politics. :sad: Just look at Dilip Doshi's case. And Pankaj Roy had even captained India. :finger:

NZ>WZ=SZ>EZ>CZ /thread I'd add Yuvi and Mandeep to NZ instead of chit players like Prabhakar and Chopra. But still they have an attack superior to others for Indian pitches with Kapil, Bhaji and Bedi. Yadav I just checked has a pretty average record so I'll take Kaul, he has a good record and usually keeps for Punjab. R Goel was probably an ordinairy bowler like everyone in that era, modern players would be too good and you need 2 seamers so I'd go with Ishant.