Let's all laugh at Eng... Lol England :)

Hilarious, absolutely hilarious :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Pommies become half-decent after years of mediocrity and act as if they are the greatest team ever :cantstop: This delusion is something to behold along with the excuses :hysterical: "We were not fresh for the series" :cantstop:

Articles such as that are indicative of what happens with sporting achievement in England. Way OTT when there is success, and on the other side way OTT when there is failure. Just look at the football team. This time I have noticed a more balanced reaction actually. Maybe because it is seen as the first failure as Tests in Asia do not count :winky:. But yes, I can understand the crowing because of this failure as articles such as Nasser's when England were doing well were extraordinarily presumptuous (even though I respect him as an analyst). Botham and the like also full of it. It is not easy to stay at the top.

Articles such as that are indicative of what happens with sporting achievement in England. Way OTT when there is success' date=' and on the other side way OTT when there is failure. Just look at the football team. This time I have noticed a more balanced reaction actually. Maybe because it is seen as the first failure as Tests in Asia do not count :winky:. But yes, I can understand the crowing because of this failure as articles such as Nasser's when England were doing well were extraordinarily presumptuous (even though I respect him as an analyst). Botham and the like also full of it. It is not easy to stay at the top.[/quote'] Lets be honest, there are no great teams as the moment so its natural you are going to get different sides reaching the top. In late 2010 to 2011 England were the best side, in the last year South africa have upped there game and England have slipped slightly, imo the rankings at the moment are about right, I dont agree that this is an humiliation for England, no-one here feels that way, we came up against a better side but we gave them a good fright on the last day, theres no disgrace in that. Its different to maybe Indian losing at home because sub continental conditions are so different that India have a big advantage against other big nations at the moment whereas English, Australian and South African conditions are somewhat simular and thats usually where as a group of supporters we judge our team.
Lets be honest, there are no great teams as the moment so its natural you are going to get different sides reaching the top. In late 2010 to 2011 England were the best side, in the last year South africa have upped there game and England have slipped slightly, imo the rankings at the moment are about right, I dont agree that this is an humiliation for England, no-one here feels that way, we came up against a better side but we gave them a good fright on the last day, theres no disgrace in that. Its different to maybe Indian losing at home because sub continental conditions are so different that India have a big advantage against other big nations at the moment whereas English, Australian and South African conditions are somewhat simular and thats usually where as a group of supporters we judge our team.
See this is exactly why people laugh at England and English fans. At the end of 2010 India drew a Test series in SA and actually came close to beating SA - yes, the very same SA team that hammered England at home. India were rightfully no. 1 till mid 2011 but here you are making such asinine statements :facepalm:

We drew a test series in South Africa in 2010 then thrashed everyone for 2 years including destroying Australia away (3 innings defeats) untill we came a cropper in the UAE Its not too outrageous to think that from 2010 to 2012 we were the best side, you may disagree but frankly and with respect when then 2 teams met in 2011 it was men against boys, I cant even remember Indian winning one day in the 4 test matches. In 2012 weve been poor, I dont deny that

We drew a test series in South Africa in 2010 then thrashed everyone for 2 years including destroying Australia away (3 innings defeats) untill we came a cropper in the UAE Its not too outrageous to think that from 2010 to 2012 we were the best side, you may disagree but frankly and with respect when then 2 teams met in 2011 it was men against boys, I cant even remember Indian winning one day in the 4 test matches. In 2012 weve been poor, I dont deny that
ENG survived a 3-1 thrashing by hands of SA in SA thanks to onions . :haha::haha: ENG were the best side without winning a test series in Asia in last 10 years. :hysterical::hysterical: IND took first innings lead in second test .:hysterical::hysterical: You have forgotten your team hasn't won a test series in India since we were born. :hysterical::hysterical:
Your team somehow managed to draw a test series in SA. Twice last wicket saved you, while Indian team came close to winning a series there? England was certainly best side in 2011. What's your point?
Lets be honest, there are no great teams as the moment so its natural you are going to get different sides reaching the top. In late 2010 to 2011 England were the best side, in the last year South africa have upped there game and England have slipped slightly, imo the rankings at the moment are about right, I dont agree that this is an humiliation for England, no-one here feels that way, we came up against a better side but we gave them a good fright on the last day, theres no disgrace in that. Its different to maybe Indian losing at home because sub continental conditions are so different that India have a big advantage against other big nations at the moment whereas English, Australian and South African conditions are somewhat simular and thats usually where as a group of supporters we judge our team.
Very dismissive. This is the kind of extreme people refer to. Try telling SAfrican fans not to judge on performances in different conditions. They have come within minutes of a recent series win in India. English team of '06 (yes only six years ago!) pulled off a great win in the Mumbai test to take a draw. That is consigned to the bin? You are only proving peoples' point about extremes
Bottomline is neither team was nowhere close to the Aussies of 2000 or WI of 1980. Difference is nobody from India claimed that. But English supporters were going crazy and wild. :cantstop: India has no excuses for Australian tour. But for England tour they were grossly under-prepared. Lot of rookies were playing. Lot of players joined mid way. Main strike bowler Zak in the middle of first test which reduced us to 10 players. Yuvraj picked up injury after one test. Tendulkar picked up injury. Gauti picked up injury. Viru joined late without preparation. Dravid and Laxman were the only one who played without much distraction. Dravid clicked big time.

My point is all this talk of England being Humiliated is way over top, the english public are proud of the team the last few years and its not disgrace to lose to a better side. In answer to the other post yes we havent won in India and frankly im not sure we ever will, the conditons are completly alien to our players, we might aswell be playing beach cricket. The real test between the 2 sides would be if the series was played at a neautral venue that offered spin and pace/seem, then we'd see who the best team were. Imo England aslong as the seemers got something out the pitch would win but you may disagree

My point is all this talk of England being Humiliated is way over top, the english public are proud of the team the last few years and its not disgrace to lose to a better side. In answer to the other post yes we havent won in India and frankly im not sure we ever will, the conditons are completly alien to our players, we might aswell be playing beach cricket. The real test between the 2 sides would be if the series was played at a neautral venue that offered spin and pace/seem, then we'd see who the best team were. Imo England aslong as the seemers got something out the pitch would win but you may disagree
Similar give the pitch some spin and I bet England will be allout before you can wink.
My point is all this talk of England being Humiliated is way over top, the english public are proud of the team the last few years and its not disgrace to lose to a better side.
Damn, lol, is that your worry? England public didn't get humiliated by these losses. Only people who might have been humiliated are probably those who overrated this team and now have nothing to say once weaknesses have been highlighted.
Imo England aslong as the seemers got something out the pitch would win but you may disagree
Yes seemers don't get help in India:cantstop: Check average of Steyn, Walsh, Donald, gillespie. :winky: However your mediocre pace bowlers may get thrashed for 387 runs in 4th innings on dust bowl.

Only reason England has won a lot these days is because lot of teams are in rebuilding phase . Except England and SA all teams go through some sort of transition. It kinda coincided with so many inform players playing for England at the same time. They averaged better than their career average during this phase. So England should have cashed in on this big time and stayed at no.1 for a very long time. But they badly lost it in no double quick time. Not the sign of a champion team.

Only reason England has won a lot these days is because lot of teams are in rebuilding phase . Except England and SA all teams go through some sort of transition. It kinda coincided with so many inform players playing for England at the same time. They averaged better than their career average during this phase. So England should have cashed in on this big time and stayed at no.1 for a very long time. But they badly lost it in no double quick time. Not the sign of a champion team.
Yeah England had very good chance of maintaining their position. After India they had series with Pakistan which was still recovering from spot-fixing saga, SL which hadn't won any series in 3 years and WI. Only 1 difficult tour to SA. England couldn't have ask for easier matches after going to top. But still they lost because they were not just good enough.

ENG fans are extremely deluded lot. Despite 0-8 thrashing India's away record is better than them in last 10 years http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;home_or_away=3;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=win_loss_ratio;spanmin1=15+aug+2002;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team ENG can never match India's home record. So what is this "we gave fight" BS they are talking about ? They suck both at home and away. period.