Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???

Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???  

1. 1.

• To "guide" youngsters like Jadeja in the team
    • To get his 100th 100 as he knows he's gonna struggle in Tests
    • He wanted to have a longer vacation in Aus so he came "back" for Aussie tri series
    • Can't say. It's a head scratcher and I have no clue

Which cave do you live in? Even someone like me who has hardly watched any live cricket over the past few months knows that there is a certain batsman who made the Australian tour and carried drinks for a month and a half before being sent back home without getting a single international match. All this while our batting line up has been imploding with the regularity of Old Faithful. This batsman has done a decent enough job in the limited chances he has got as an opener. Should I name him?
Do you think Rahane would have been picked over Sehwag despite Sehwag's poor form? I dont really think so, especially in a side which already has a lot of other youngsters. Selectors look for a certain mix of youth and experience in the side. 3 seniors + 8 youngsters is not really denying any youngsters a chance. Our transition plans in tests are very poor but selectors have managed it quite well in ODIs. SRT has only played 17 matches in the last 2 years and most of them were in the world cup.
And how many articles do you want from the Australian media asking for Ponting to be dropped or retire? You are a regular on Cricketweb which has a decent amount of Australian posters - are you telling me that a significant number of them were not asking for Ponting to make way?
The fundamental difference here is the time period of poor performance of Ponting and SRT. Ponting has averaged in his mid 30s for 3 years now, high 30s for more than 4 years now. During this same period SRT averages in the 60s. If SRT had performed as poorly as Ponting has for the last 3 years, the calls for him to retire would have been much more fierce. Anyways, I am not saying that SRT should be allowed for the next 3 years even if he doesnt play well, just that showing Ponting as an example of the ruthlessness of Cricket Australia doesnt compute. It does apply to Steve Waugh, but they treated Ponting with kid gloves for quite a long time.
Yes. because when SRT was being groomed in early 1990s he was setting the world alight with his exploits. Jesus Christ, you chaps have to go this way or that way just to defend Sachin. If earlier he was hogging a youngster spot, now he is hurting an oldie lol. This chap seems to be hurting everyone, except the bhakt-jan satsang. Quick question: - Out of the two following players who would you pick? 76 games 2109runs@ 32 0 century 77 games 1889runs@33.1 2 century Should be a pretty straight forward question.
jara ye bhi samjha do, kaunse diggajon ko shaaheed karna pada SRT ko groom karne ke liye?

So after 204 posts ,and all the debate .What is conclusion of this thread ? between there is something in air which tells Tendu may not play in Asia Cup infact this might be his last ODI series .Lets see what Tendu ,and Selector thinks about Asia Cup.CB series is almost good as gone .Two more matches, and our dreadful Australian tour will be over too. For the matter of Fact we will never find replacement as good as tendulkar.So enjoy till he plays ;)

Do you think Rahane would have been picked over Sehwag despite Sehwag's poor form? I dont really think so, especially in a side which already has a lot of other youngsters. Selectors look for a certain mix of youth and experience in the side. 3 seniors + 8 youngsters is not really denying any youngsters a chance. Our transition plans in tests are very poor but selectors have managed it quite well in ODIs. SRT has only played 17 matches in the last 2 years and most of them were in the world cup.
So you're essentially saying two wrongs make a right - the chance that a walking wicket Sehwag would have been preferred over Rahane justifies the dead end selection of Tendulkar? Wasn't Sehwag injured for 1-2 matches? Rahane could have played those. Or at least there was a chance that the team would have dropped a completely out of sorts Sehwag?
So after 204 posts ,and all the debate .What is conclusion of this thread ? between there is something in air which tells Tendu may not play in Asia Cup infact this might be his last ODI series .Lets see what Tendu ,and Selector thinks about Asia Cup.CB series is almost good as gone .Two more matches, and our dreadful Australian tour will be over too. For the matter of Fact we will never find replacement as good as tendulkar.So enjoy till he plays ;)
He is not going to play the Asia Cup for sure. He needs his rest before performing a 2 month long tamasha for Mukesh and Neeta Ambani.
Your question isnt applicable here as explained in my previous post. The argument might play very well in your head like the "Google ripping off websites" did, but it doesnt make any sense.
So lets get this clear. You are constantly haunted by my post be it in this thread, or Chit Chat?? Google ripping off websites?? WTF? Should I start invoking your nonsense from other forums as well? Dude get some sense in you and keep yourself to cricket.
ok lets assume that 2 out of the 3 dont playing condition isnt applicable here. Who should open instead of SRT and Viru? Parthiv Patel? An opener who averages in his low 20s and needs more exposure for the 2015 world cup?
What kind of a retarded questio is that? What has SRT achieved thus far in this series? What do we have to lose playing a different player and score the same amount of runs?
Even if Rahane was playing here, there is no way he would have been picked ahead of Sehwag in the side apart from dead rubbers. SRT and GG are the only ones who would be chosen over Viru in the final XI despite his poor form.
Yes because you are Sharad Pawar's damaad. :hmmm::hmmm: Dude it is weird to see you come up with weird reasons. Here is how you have evolved thus far: a) SRT should play since his performance is good. b) SRT should play since he is competing with budhaos. c) SRT should play since other openers are not firing. d) SRT should play since Rahane wont fire. Do you even listen to yourself sometime? So now that I have anwered your irrelevants questions, including Rahane, do I expect you to respond in kind? xxx
jara ye bhi samjha do' date=' kaunse diggajon ko shaaheed karna pada SRT ko groom karne ke liye?[/quote'] Sab kuch main hi samjha doonga to bhaiya itna din se cricket ghanta ke liye follow kar rahe the?? Maybe time you stopped watching cricket if it stops registering at the just the apt time to you. :winky:
So you're essentially saying two wrongs make a right - the chance that a walking wicket Sehwag would have been preferred over Rahane justifies the dead end selection of Tendulkar? Wasn't Sehwag injured for 1-2 matches? Rahane could have played those. Or at least there was a chance that the team would have dropped a completely out of sorts Sehwag?
I think apart from dead rubber matches, Rahane wouldnt have been picked over Sehwag even if Sehwag was a walking wicket the entire series. of course if Yuvi was playing and we had a solid middle order, then Rahane might have gotten his chances. But with a middle order prone to collapse, the selectors would have gone for some experienced player if Sehwag wasnt available, most probably they would have ended up playing Pappu Patel just as a batsmen. SRT is easily the best choice out of the three. Saying that he shouldnt be playing ODIs in the first place is a valid opinion, but saying that in the current setup, Rahane isnt getting chances due to him being included in the side is not correct.
A selectors team which would drop Tendulkar would not have much problem doing the same with Sehwag, if only for a few matches, and bringing in someone like Rahane. The whole idea of grooming a youngster for a spot runs contrary to the notion that the youngster has to hit the ground running. i.e. to say that for the youngster to replace a senior, he has to average as much or nearabout as the senior. If he does, that's great but its immaterial. The idea is to bring him into the team, ease him into the whole international arena, acquaint him with the new mores and manners of his new world. In fact, the team should be willing to accept a few failures from him even when they are certain that the senior would have delivered. It's the cost of changing the guard and it has to be born sometime or the other. The only thing that is needed as a prerequisite is evidence of talent and the management's belief in the youngster's potential in the long run.
:hysterical: :hysterical: ha ha nice one Lurker. Chath main soup to nahi chadhaye hain parrr Chathi ka doodh jaroor yaad dila doonga hum agar koi Sachinwa ke baare main aisa waisa kaha to bata det hain. bujhla ki nahi favurite pllayer hai humara kah de rahe hain.
Arre bhaiya hum kab bole ke tum usko 2nd favorite kar lo?? Lekin sab koi retire hota hai meri jaan. Lata Mangeshar is the greatest female singer of all time but she today she isnt as good as young kalakaar. Ab jhoot boloon ke Lata Mangeshkar's voice is best today?? Same with Sachin. Tum kahe to itna tension lete ho. Sharda Sahay ka gaana suno aur mast raho.
Sab kuch main hi samjha doonga to bhaiya itna din se cricket ghanta ke liye follow kar rahe the?? Maybe time you stopped watching cricket if it stops registering at the just the apt time to you. :winky:
side se nikal ke kyun bbhaag rahey ho, back up your claim with evidence/numbers. (kirkutwa) dekha tou humney bhi dashakon se hai,..par chunki mudda apaney uthaya, tou zara apney gyaan chakshu khol ke dikha do..
side se nikal ke kyun bbhaag rahey ho' date=' back up your claim with evidence/numbers. (kirkutwa) dekha tou humney bhi dashakon se hai,..par chunki mudda apaney uthaya, tou zara apney gyaan chakshu khol ke dikha do..[/quote'] Mudda samajh mein nahin aaya to hum kya din bhar tumko samjhaate rahein?? It is a rather simple straight forward line that SRT was played constantly in his formative years which gave him enough time to grow and develop. Ab tumko habit hai haath sar ke peeche se ghuma ke naak pakadne ka to uska ilaaz Lukmaan ke paas bhi nahi hai.
So lets get this clear. You are constantly haunted by my post be it in this thread' date=' or Chit Chat?? Google ripping off websites?? WTF? Should I start invoking your nonsense from other forums as well? Dude get some sense in you and keep yourself to cricket.[/quote'] Haunted? Quit flattering yourself. You have posted enough nonsense in the cricket forum as well, but this was one retarded statement that took the cake and resulted in your running away from the thread. Your entire MO is to ridicule/jibe anyone who doesnt agree with your views or asks you to backup your claim with solid reasoning, which strikes me as ironic given that you post loads of tosh quite often yourself. I dont resort to jibes or putdowns in any discussion but its hard not to respond. Playing Parthiv Patel in place of SRT is pointless sine he is anyway not going to play 2015, nor has he shown such exceptional talent in the many years that he has already played for India. Ya just like you are tendulkar's tau and seem to know exactly what went on in his mind when he failed against Clarke. Host of straw man statements there. Dont know when I said the first or fourth one. His performance in the current series has not been good, but he is not taking up the place of Rahane in the current setup is what I am saying, because Rahane would need to replace one of the only remaining two senior batsmen in the team which I dont see happening. Again, there is no dearth of youth in the ODI side like in tests. We have rotated youngsters remarkably well and SRT has sat out of all easier and home series so that everyone can get a chance. He continues to play only in the tough abroad series out of which he was injured in the England one. Outside of the world cup, he would have played less than 10 matches in the last 2 years. yaar, you are arguing a point different from what I am making. I am saying that youngsters do need to get a chance. Yes Rohit should be given chances even at the expense of a senior so they can get enough exposure. But this is exactly what is happening in the team currently. Youngsters are getting chances so they an be groomed at the expense of seniors rotating themselves in and out of the side. If Yuvi was playing , then I am sure both SRT and Sehwag would also have sat out to give Rahane or someone else a chance, when they are individually sitting out, what problem would they have from sitting out together? The problem is that without Yuvi, our complete batting post Kohli is extremely brittle with the exception of Dhoni. So selectors want experienced players at the helm. If Sehwag and SRT fail throughout the series, then obviously selectors would look at the future and prefer to fail with a youngster rather than a senior, but for now the idea is that the experience at the top give us a solid foundation (even though it hasnt worked yet) Anyways, this discussion is moving in a direction where it is more likely to pan out as a slanging match rather than a meaningful debate. So over and out.
Haunted? Quit flattering yourself. You have posted enough nonsense in the cricket forum as well' date=' but this was one retarded statement that took the cake and resulted in your running away from the thread. [/quote'] Dude, stop worrying about me and lets talk about you now, shall we? Whats with this habit of invoking irrelevant points to cover your lack of knowledge? If you are in love with me, dont get upset if I dont swing that way :hysterical: lol. Good that I got into your judgemental freak. How old are you? Pretending NOT to be a Sachin-bhakt but a dedicated one at that who goes to all length to protect his bhagwaan and when put in a spot comes after me. Nor is your bhagwaan gonna play 2015. Please keep shut then. You showed up there too lol..Dude bromance ki jai-ho but please move to another chap, I dont swing that way again..And yes if you have a backbone you should have stepped into that thread then and there, not resort to your cowardice..as usual. Rather simple to explain that. SRT and Sehwag are both playing when they should NOT be playing. Is that because of selfish reasons? I think so. You obviously do not. Is that because SRT wants his 100. I think so. You do not. Is that because selectors dont know how to make them quit. I think so. You do not. Is that because chelas like you keep harping baja about their netaji? I think so. You do not. What? Your largest contribution ever and to do a cop-out? Dude come back, you shouldnt have a problem wasting more bits in cyberspace, having a go at me and claiming to be some sort of neutral who is in bed with Sachin-bhakts. Please continue to show up in other threads and keep judging me. I will wait for a Valentine's boquet next year (NOT!) xxxx
Mudda samajh mein nahin aaya to hum kya din bhar tumko samjhaate rahein?? It is a rather simple straight forward line that SRT was played constantly in his formative years which gave him enough time to grow and develop. Ab tumko habit hai haath sar ke peeche se ghuma ke naak pakadne ka to uska ilaaz Lukmaan ke paas bhi nahi hai.
tanik dimaag pe thoda aur zor do, tab yaad aayega kee Indian batting scenario in 90s was quite different from today's. That time (90s) there was no 'outstanding' senior, who had to be 'rested' to give the young ones long run. and specifically about SRT, it did take him time to score 100 in ODIs, but he had already shown enough potential and performances in tests-odi combined. Today, there is no youngster (except Kohli), who has auqat to challenge SRT/Sehwag/Dravid (if you include tests)- purely based on cricketing skills and performances... And even Kohli is someone, who earned his spot from whatever chances he got initially. Numerous other youngsters were given enough chances all other times, it is their fault that they could not come out as good.
tanik dimaag pe thoda aur zor do' date= tab yaad aayega kee Indian batting scenario in 90s was quite different from today's. That time (90s) there was no 'outstanding' senior, who had to be 'rested' to give the young ones long run. and specifically about SRT, it did take him time to score 100 in ODIs, but he had already shown enough potential and performances in tests-odi combined.
Dude, selective memory again? Sachin was always a blue-eyed boy of Indian cricket. Since you raised his ODI credentials lets talk about it now. What was so great about him that he didnt get dropped and played consecutively? And why are the youngsters today not given the same oppertunity this budhao had? Unless of course you are one of those who think Sachin is bhagwaan who was born with stars aligned at the right time and he deserved to play every game on his avtar-ness alone!
Dude, selective memory again? Sachin was always a blue-eyed boy of Indian cricket. Since you raised his ODI credentials lets talk about it now. What was so great about him that he didnt get dropped and played consecutively? And why are the youngsters today not given the same oppertunity this budhao had? Unless of course you are one of those who think Sachin is bhagwaan who was born with stars aligned at the right time and he deserved to play every game on his avtar-ness alone!
Well SRT did deserve to be treated that way. He scored 100s on debut in Ranji, Duleep and other tournies. In fact he made it to Mumbai Ranji team as a 14 year old - the team which had likes of Gavaskar (about to retire), Manjrekar, Vengsarkar, Shastri and Chandrakant Pandit. It was rumored it was easier to get into Indian team than Mumbai team :haha: In fact I remember seeing a documentary on early years of Scahin and it had an interview from a selector during the time when Sachin was picked (89). He said that there was talk of picking Tendulkar for 89 tour to WI but some selectors felt it would be too tough a tour for a 15 year old kid and he may be scarred forever facing WI fast men in WI, so they didn't select him for the WI tour but selected him for the 89 tour to Pak. One f the few times a selector made any sense :haha: Anyways that was then and this is now. How time flies and now it's a 39 year old Tendulkar we are talking about and not a 16 year old kid :((