If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?

King Tendulkar

If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Congress
    • BJP

thats serious charge.. nobody wants innocent blood on their hands. Can you come up with any proof that BJP wants riots in the country? Dont go back to 2002' date='because others will go back to 1984[/quote'] I have no qualms admitting that the '84 riots suited Congress and were backed by it. '90-92 and '02 are proof that the BJP wants a Hindu vote polarization through rioting in UP and maybe Bihar. If you want proof which can be proven in the Supreme Court, no I don't have it.

UP has 19% muslims who don't vote for bjp' date=' 30% sc/st population most of which votes for the bsp. Its a big handicap for them. If raising ram temple issue in UP gives them some vote share, they should go for it.[/quote'] Yeah and in the process innocents get killed and their homes are razed, even better. :yay:

thats serious charge.. nobody wants innocent blood on their hands. Can you come up with any proof that BJP wants riots in the country? Dont go back to 2002' date=because others will go back to 1984 it is tough to tap into this market thats why BJP has to change itself (and move away from issues like Ram Mandir etc) otherwise it will always remain a "National Party" which is not present in many states because it cannot attract a large % of the population. They may raise the issue in UP only but it will affect BJP's fortunes across the country. For many uncommitted voters in different parts of the country, the very fact that BJP may be going back to its core Religious issues may be reason enough to vote for the other side. As for Modi staying away - his closest aide Amit Shah has been sent to UP and he raised the Ram Mandir issue on his very 1st visit. Also, this issue is being raised again mainly because of Modi's image of being Hindutva's poster boy.
once again, this time it was VHP/RSS leading this yatra and BJP was not involved until now.

There is just one basic thing wrong with your statement - Congress is not my party. I have earlier made posts that I would prefer a BJP minus Modi over Congress for this particular elections.
Didn't you suggest earlier, you'd rather vote for Rahul baba than Modi ? Since the latter is leading the BJP campaign, INC by default becomes 'your' party come voting day :hmmm:

Yeah and in the process innocents get killed and their homes are razed' date=' even better. :yay:[/quote'] Nopes, without riots, just for symbolism. Communal incidents akhilesh gov. main ho rahe hain - 100 of them in 1 year. We all saw how blatantly they indulged in communalism to oust durga shakti.

Didn't you suggest earlier' date=' you'd rather vote for Rahul baba than Modi ? Since the latter is leading the BJP campaign, INC by default becomes 'your' party come voting day :hmmm:[/quote'] Not really, your post has multiple logical fallacies: 1. It assumes that Modi and Rahul will be the PM candidates - neither of whom have been declared. But yeah, in a presidential election I would prefer Rahul over Modi. 2. If I am in India at the time of the elections, my vote would be primarily determined by the choice of the local candidate who I feel can do the best for Lucknow and marginally determined by the PM candidate of Congress and BJP. 3. I've made it amply clear that I am sick of the current Congress government, and if BJP were to offer a solution on the lines of Sushma Swaraj, I would support them.

The symbols are already being sent from past 10-15 days (through VHP's yatra). No communal incidents have happened. These yatras are only for symbolism.
Riots haven't happened because the UP government has hauled the sorry asses of VHP leaders in jail or forced them to go underground. Stop deluding yourself. When presented with a similar situation look at what Kalyan Singh did in '92. Yatras are for symbolism - don't even know how to begin responding to that.:hysterical:

once again, this time it was VHP/RSS leading this yatra and BJP was not involved until now. it is tough to tap into this market thats why BJP has to change itself (and move away from issues like Ram Mandir etc) otherwise it will always remain a "National Party" which is not present in many states because it cannot attract a large % of the population. They may raise the issue in UP only but it will affect BJP's fortunes across the country. For many uncommitted voters in different parts of the country, the very fact that BJP may be going back to its core Religious issues may be reason enough to vote for the other side. As for Modi staying away - his closest aide Amit Shah has been sent to UP and he raised the Ram Mandir issue on his very 1st visit. Also, this issue is being raised again mainly because of Modi's image of being Hindutva's poster boy.
The bjp figures that the trade off is small, the potential gain is huge (UP has 80 seats). Modi will anyways not raise this issue and focus on other issues.

Riots haven't happened because the UP government has hauled the sorry asses of VHP leaders in jail or forced them to go underground. Stop deluding yourself.
You think if VHP leaders actually wanted communal incidents, they wouldn't have happened. You are the one who is deluded.

You think if VHP leaders actually wanted communal incidents' date=' they would have happened. You are the one who is deluded.[/quote'] It's not as easy as in the 80s and 90s to instigate rioting - Modi had to display 50 dead bodies with the VHP chanting communal slogans to do that in '02. Yes, VHP and BJP want to start communal clashes and polarize the Hindu vote - S-G lives in Lucknow and he will tell you of the efforts Shah is making on those lines. I don't live in Lucknow, but talk to people in UP on a very regular basis, some of them BJP supporters, and they are all of the view that communal polarization is the tactic of BJP in UP. Once this polarization leads to riots, it's obvious to anyone other than Einstein as to who the main beneficiary is.

It's not as easy as in the 80s and 90s to instigate rioting - Modi had to display 50 dead bodies with the VHP chanting communal slogans to do that in '02. Yes, VHP and BJP want to start communal clashes and polarize the Hindu vote - S-G lives in Lucknow and he will tell you of the efforts Shah is making on those lines. I don't live in Lucknow, but talk to people in UP on a very regular basis, some of them BJP supporters, and they are all of the view that communal polarization is the tactic of BJP in UP. Once this polarization leads to riots, it's obvious to anyone other than Einstein as to who the main beneficiary is.
VHP is always under the watch of SP gov. They can't instigate large scale riot and they know it and so, wont even try for it I meant small scale riot/communal incident - they can make if they actually wanted. This yatra was purely for symbolism.

This yatra was pure symbolism - I won't even bother tackling this kind of delusion. :hysterical: And please do note that I am calling your post delusional, not you before you start with the mod/admin thing again.
Call me whatever man. VHP knows it can't instigate large scale riots being under the constant watch of gov. This yatra was for symbolism, it was just for shows.