Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

Thanks! :icflove: But someone thinks it's a "great" opportunity as one I can quickly fire a Google Search to discover videos of yesteryear greats to make fun of them (which ironically are praised in the audio transcript and used to celebrate these greats).
they are gr8s of there generation..i ve seen people here disrespect kapil dev to show that there fav player is not doing mistake so this is not really uncommon thing here :P well i never liked comparing.. i agree with most of ur points.. tendulkar maybe is gr8 or maybe not wht will nay one get by convincing others? if u think he is gr8st good for u ... if some one does not its there opinion... im not really blaming one side i have also seen people disrespect tendulkar so much.. even that is not needed anyway i hope there is no more threads like htis nay more this bradman vs tendlkar debate has been going on from the time when i wasnt even part of this site :haha:
And the reason why you were going thumbs-up in response to that post is because you disagree with him ehhh ?
Because I respect his opinion. I don't find any ulterior motives unlike other posts. I know it's so hard for a fundamentalist to believe, but yeah that's how normal people are. You can see I have done that with other posters (Sachin fans too). If it comes to someone incessantly bashing Sachin, I will make sure I take care of it too.
I dont think I started hurling the insults first . But if you point me towards an uunprovoked insult by me I will edit that post.
But, you lead along. So neither of us are saints - stop pretending.
But dont expect me to be nice to you in future if you continue hurling insults, taunts, put downs.
I don't crave for your love, sweety. I will continue to appreciate good points you make (you very well know the posts) and point out flaw in arguments, if any. I won't come with a pre-prepared agenda. I argue on the post not the poster. Why? I have standards. I am not expecting you to follow "the code" because to each one his own. If one needs to put an opinion, so be it. If one needs to use statistics to prove arguments, so be it. If one needs to use arcane video footage to petulantly argue point and out Anglo-Saxon conspiracy so be it. But, I won't threaten other posters with "Switty Switty Tera Pyaar Chahida".
they are gr8s of there generation..i ve seen people here disrespect kapil dev to show that there fav player is not doing mistake so this is not really uncommon thing here :P well i never liked comparing.. i agree with most of ur points.. tendulkar maybe is gr8 or maybe not wht will nay one get by convincing others?
IDK, I have pointed that out earlier. But people equate opinions to "common knowledge". It's a totally different fact that it's devoid of common sense.
if u think he is gr8st good for u ... if some one does not its there opinion... im not really blaming one side i have also seen people disrespect tendulkar so much.. even that is not needed anyway i hope there is no more threads like htis nay more this bradman vs tendlkar debate has been going on from the time when i wasnt even part of this site :haha:
But, there are also the ones who appreciate the Little Master. But, people want him to be the next Messiah after Jesus Christ. That doesn't help the cause, does it? http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1855574&postcount=205
bhaishaab aapka list ke interzar kar raha hoon
Go read up some cricketing history. A lot of county cricketers even from the 30s and 40s were professionals, while Bradman was an amateur. Going by your reasoning Bradman should have been getting out for ducks against these "professionals" and some "professional" athlete in India was probably way ahead of any Olympic contestant before they allowed "professionals".
Yeah yeah ... all the 99 100s and 160 fifties were made on flat pitches whereas the rest of them were all minefields ... whereas in Bradmans time all pitches were minefields making the likes of Bowes and Toshack more deadly than Wasim and Donald .. we get the drift ... B->
You only chose those innings. Not me. Basically you yourself think only those few innings came under trying circumstances. Plz don't tell me he scored each and every 100 on a difficult pitch. And also don't couple ODI innings. Just stick to test innings.
and you cant seem to understand a very simple concept that you cant label someone as the Best Batsmen for all times to come based on his performances against piss poor bowling. It is illogical. Why ? because you are making mockery of the high skill levels that are needed to make runs at Intl level today. Yes we all understand their contributions to the game and are greatfull for that but FFS stop this madness.
There are two issues here: 1. Measuring ATG and agreeing as to who is the GOAT - These are subjective and we all can agree to disagree. You think technique and quality of play is important, for many of us performance against peers of your time is important because technique will ofc evolve, that doesn't mean someone from the past gets disqualified as a GOAT. 2. Considering greatness of players across era - Many of you want to laugh at players of the past cause the video footage shows that they didn't play like the modern day players. This is where respecting eras for what they are comes into picture.

So now after trashing likes of Bradman and Hobbs we are actually on our way to tarnish legends from other sports (Jack Nicklaus, Ali) just to biggy up Tendulkar :omg: What next? If Tendulkar had played footie he would have made Pele look like an imbecile, or if SRT had graced Tennis he would have left Rod Laver far behind :dontknow:

IDK, I have pointed that out earlier. But people equate opinions to "common knowledge". It's a totally different fact that it's devoid of common sense. But, there are also the ones who appreciate the Little Master. But, people want him to be the next Messiah after Jesus Christ. That doesn't help the cause, does it? http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1855574&postcount=205
Ok, there are more than seven threads created against one of the greatest Batsman of this era, against the greatest batsman of my generation, against the all time greatest batsman of the whole subcontinent that is fine with you. And no where in those threads had anybody pointed out that ok this is the technical difficulty this guy is facing only thing is personal alligations. Playing for records, Budhaw etc. And one thread is opened about a player of our Pardada period, a firangi and that too showing genuine problems with his technical abilities. And swords are out, now if I say you a Bhakth of Hobbs you will laugh how can you call me bhakth. If I say how suddenly this guy is Budhau and playing for records when it has been less than year that he was highest run scorer from Indian side in SAfrican tour, in WC, Second highest scorer in England and second highest in Aus. And if I put some logical reasoning that look I think there was something terribly wrong with whole team not alone this man oh you bhakth, you guys treat him as god you are this you are that kick this man out he is a bojh somebody came out with a video as to how he got bowled on Asif in 2004 come on man for saving a batsman of 1920s of England to whom you have not seen playing you are criticizing your own player.
Iam ONLY interested in measuring pure and absolute batting skills .... AFAIK this is the only way to measure a batsmen. So based on this any batsman who manages to make runs against the very very best bowlers of all times on many different surfaces is the winner. Simple as that. Bradman never faced any such truly truly great fast bowlers. Unfortunate - Yes. Truth - Yes. Advantage Tendulkar and modern era batsmen.
That's fine, let that be your opinion. We all have stated our positions a gazillion times, yet you feel the need to open a thread every few days and expect everyone to keep regurgitating the same thing over and over again even in threads which have no relevance to this topic like the one on RD's retirement.
in b4 you vanish or post another lame ass oneliner with a moronic smilie.
**Ignored**
ya it is pretty evident how you are respectfully disagreeing with him when you are consistently agreeing with his views and lamenting on how those who don't consider the previous era players are supposedly petulant and disrespectfull to the game and what have you .
Obviously, I consider folks to pull down yesteryear greats to show their favorite players as best petulant. What's wrong? In fact, I find this mud slinging theory about Anglo-Saxon conspiracy to be a joke. It's my opinion. I am entitled to it.
All this while never having the moral fortitude to come up with CLEAR answers for simple questions such as how the footage is un-acceptable but written opinion from 100 yrs ago is.
I said I don't trust either (as said earlier). I said it's a futile exercise and this is what you come up with? What should I make of this word-play?
Why don't you show me a post where you have lectured Lurker before ? There exists a whole truck load of his posts bashing Tendulkar ?
I am not answerable to you or anyone. I have agreed Sachin is a great player of his era. But, unfortunately that's not enough to satiate your thirst for SRT.
If you didnt start there wouldnt be a need for me to respond .. Understand ?
Same as I said earlier. One of us started, the other responded. No point in playing the child game of "You started first". If the morals are right (like your hero Tendulkar), one would never respond.
And whats this below just after I politely requested you to stop the childish stuff? Is this the way you talk to people ? Why do you expect anything other than a stinging response back and then the thread to disintegrate into a slanging match ? Why bother posting when you dont have the patience to debate in a proper manner ?
No, this is not the way I talk to people. I also don't expect other people to agree to my opinion and I find it ok. You don't (repeatedly pointed out by myriad posters). For the record, "Don't expect me to be nice to you" is not politely requesting to stop childish stuff. It's threatening to go against any statement I make without merit or justification. Can we stop the moral lectures here please? Also, I didn't start this poll - you did.
IDK, I have pointed that out earlier. But people equate opinions to "common knowledge". It's a totally different fact that it's devoid of common sense. But, there are also the ones who appreciate the Little Master. But, people want him to be the next Messiah after Jesus Christ. That doesn't help the cause, does it? http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=1855574&postcount=205
agree.. he is called god.. i always thought it was a joke.. but some people are serious :P
Ok, there are more than seven threads created against one of the greatest Batsman of this era, against the greatest batsman of my generation, against the all time greatest batsman of the whole subcontinent that is fine with you. And no where in those threads had anybody pointed out that ok this is the technical difficulty this guy is facing only thing is personal alligations. Playing for records, Budhaw etc. And one thread is opened about a player of our Pardada period, a firangi and that too showing genuine problems with his technical abilities. And swords are out, now if I say you a Bhakth of Hobbs you will laugh how can you call me bhakth. If I say how suddenly this guy is Budhau and playing for records when it has been less than year that he was highest run scorer from Indian side in SAfrican tour, in WC, Second highest scorer in England and second highest in Aus. And if I put some logical reasoning that look I think there was something terribly wrong with whole team not alone this man oh you bhakth, you guys treat him as god you are this you are that kick this man out he is a bojh somebody came out with a video as to how he got bowled on Asif in 2004 come on man for saving a batsman of 1920s of England to whom you have not seen playing you are criticizing your own player.
You need to understand why people are doing things you don't like about your favorite player. It's because you said something about their favorite player - they didn't like your post. That's it. Don't read beyond those lines. It's just an argument build up to show that one can pull down any player one wants by posting a few videos and commenting on a few records. Finally, it's puerile to compare players across eras. Arguments, opinions can fly either which way. Hence, separate the weed from the chaff and get the bigger picture. As I said earlier, most sensible posters will agree to Sachin being one of the best of his era and not the best of all time. Lets leave it at that. It's their opinion, let them have it. But, if you go on rambling about technique, bowlers etc. they will come up with their own set of parameters. What happens next is this thread - where someone feels disappointed. Please don't be. I myself consider Sachin to be a great enough player but I will never label anyone as a GOAT. Why? It's not possible to time travel.
Which is because you choose only that dismissal against Asif. What goes around comes around. Now please tell me why Toshack is better than Wasim ... Remember this has nothing to do with Tendulkar as you obviusly consider there are other batsmen that are better than SRT and Waz bowled to all of them.
When did i say Toshack is better than Wasim.. you made the comparison so you find the answer yourself. if you rate wasim Akram is the best bowler, per his own admission Martin crowe is the best batsman he has ever bowled to. Hence Martin crowe > Tendulkar. Btw Tendulkar averages 32 against Pakistan in tests that was played by Akram.
When did i say Toshack is better than Wasim.. you made the comparison so you find the answer yourself. if you rate wasim Akram is the best bowler' date= per his own admission Martin crowe is the best batsman he has ever bowled to. Hence Martin crowe > Tendulkar. Btw Tendulkar averages 32 against Pakistan in tests that was played by Akram.
Epic pawnage! :two_thumbs_up: