Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

Yep. Wasim Akram did pick Crowe as the best batsman he bowled to. And I am not surprised. No other batsman played Akram so effortlessly. He would often pick Akram's swinging deliveries on his leg stump and non-chalantly flick uppishly over square leg area for six. Crowe was a very good batsman and for a time the best batsman in the world. No wonder he was picked to replace Viv Richards at Somerset, an act that led to Richards-Garner-Botham rebellion. His average of mid to high 40s does not do him justice. I would pick him in a heart beat ahead of Jayawardenes, Yohanas of modern era.
What a terrific contest between Akram and Crowe and Crowe always had upper hand. In the 1992 World Cup Martin Crowe had an avg of 114 in 9 matches and was single handedly responsible for NZ brilliant performance in tournament apart from Greatbatch. Incidentally Akram had an overall average of 18 in WC92 and has taken 18 wickets in 10 matches and eventually lead Pak to win the tournament.
Haha.. then what so many grandpa's,other than Hobbs, were doing in world's two best teams, if they were not able to score runs. Pace bowling, I guess. Just compare the number of 40+ players who could play international cricket in last 25 years and how many played between two WW's. You'll see Hobbs was not the only one. There was a whole army of those.
You realize you are rambling now, dont you?? Anyway, my job here is done. :winky:
What a terrific contest between Akram and Crowe and Crowe always had upper hand. In the 1992 World Cup Martin Crowe had an avg of 114 in 9 matches and was single handedly responsible for NZ brilliant performance in tournament apart from Greatbatch. Incidentally Akram had an overall average of 18 in WC92 and has taken 18 wickets in 10 matches and eventually lead Pak to win the tournament.
True. At the time I was not taken much by it. Bowling opened by Deepak Patel ( :nono: ). Greatbatch received a lot of applaudits but I found it a little hard because Cheeka used to do that 10 years ago. Looking back though Crowe marshalled his resources rather well and the only reason he didnt lift the cup that year was Akram and Inzzi, both of whom played great in semis. Dont mean to digress but Inzzi, Akram and in finals Miandad and Aaqib were the reasons Pakistan lifted the cup. Imran's credentials are overrated :--D
You realize you are rambling now, dont you?? Anyway, my job here is done. :winky:
haha... This were always very clear to me. It's just that, in process, people also got a peek at the standards of cricket in those days. Good that you highlighted age thing in your reply. :winky:
Who are these poets or writers you are yapping about? Does Richie Benaud count amongst those? Or Bill Lawry for that matter? What about very own Prabhus and Ramchands etc. Just because YOU are ignorant does not mean everybody else should be while celebrating a great. Please clear it further. This Grandpa you talk about had runs at 60 when he was the same age as the Marathi budhao. Does that convince you now, or do I see another excuse coming?
How dare you refer to SMG in that manner :winky:
you did that unwittingly when you compared 99.94 with todays 55.44 ... The logic is pretty simple if you think batting avgs can be compared as is from the 30s with todays avgs then it implies that bowling avgs can also be compared. So go ahead and enlighten us as to how Toshack is better than Waz ... when you are done you can take up Bill Bowes vs Allan Donald.
You are comparing a 12 test match player with a player who played 104 tests. And also there is not even a huge difference in average like 99 and 55. Toshack averages 21. Akram averages 23. It is not a big difference. So your argument :fail: Using your logic... in the last 30 years Azhar khan wou ld be the best bowler as he averages 2.00. Even boucher has bowling average of 6.00, Desmond haynes has bowling average of 8.00. Kirmani has bowling average of 13.00. You want proper bowler? Vernon Philander averages 14.22 !! So please use a bowler who has played substantial amount of tests for your comparison.
Vernon Philander averages 14.22 !! So please use a bowler who has played substantial amount of tests for your comparison.
WTF! Is that right??? Wow! Philander owes the entire lot of Ambrose, Donald, Wasim, Mcgrath etc. May long live the statistics debate era :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
64333_251022484985284_100002326031077_558929_1394979345_n.jpg
:fail: The boys who think Hobbs and Bradman are great actually follow modern day cricket mostly on cricinfo, not even on tele. They have also seen Hoobs and Bradman bat through through those articles..... So yeah despite whatever they claim, there whole notion about cricket is based on articles and statistics..... It is similar to If you go to MP and listen Allha(folk song) you will assume that Alha and Udal are the greatest warriors who walked on this earth. How many people have even heard which state a particular param veer chakra winner belonged tooo?????

All the greats.... i repeat "ALL THE GREATS" who saw SRT batting have admired the technique the great man possess... those who have seen DON / Hobbs have found SRT technique to be far more superior. Well few quotes .. later on would also try to post the video of sunny's analysis of SRT and Dons technique. "To Sachin, the man we all want to be." -Andrew Symonds, Australian cricketer, signing a T shirt specially for Sachin. "Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal." -Brian Lara, West Indies batsman who holds record of highest score in cricket. "The number of innings of his (Tendulkar's) I have been able to sit back and watch, I think he is an amazing player. Look at his stats and records and it's quite incredible for someone to have stayed in the game for 20 years.. He has set benchmarks for guys like me to chase him and get as close as we can. If I had to last 20 years, I would probably be batting in a wheelchair!!" -Ricky Ponting, Aussie batsman who once was expected to overhaul Sachin's records. "Sometimes, you get so engrossed in watching batsmen like Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar that you lose focus on your job." -Yasir Hameed, former Pakistan batsman, trying to explain why he dropped a catch off Sachin in a test at Rawalpindi. "We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called Sachin." -Mark Taylor, Australian captain in 1998 when his team lost Chennai test as Tendulkar scored 155 unbeaten runs in second innings, smashing star spinner Shane Warne all around Chepauk. "He has been in form longer than some of our guys have been alive." -Daniel Vettori, New Zealand cricketer who began his career as a teenager. "There are two kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others." -Andy Flower, former Zimbabwe cricketer. "Test cricket is bloody hard work, especially when you've got Sachin batting with what looks like a three metre wide bat." -Michael Hussey, Aussie cricketer. Icing on the cake: I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I felt that this player is playing with a style similar to mine, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel!- Sir Donald Bradman I think he is marvellous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he's 99.5% perfect- Viv Richards on Sachin Tendulkar

Icing on the cake: I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I felt that this player is playing with a style similar to mine, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel!- Sir Donald Bradman
Thats another one thin air Bradman claim... I will call it a very opportunistic statement from Bradman. Like everyone, He just cashed in on brand Tendulkar. Everyone does that (including anti Tendulkar icfers). His batting style was similar to Inzi.... There is a thread on it. Look At my signature.... Most honest assesment of Tendulkar by the King of Cricket himself :hatsoff:
Thats another one thin air Bradman claim... I will call it a very opportunistic statement from Bradman. Like everyone, He just cashed in on brand Tendulkar. Everyone does that (including anti Tendulkar icfers). His batting style was similar to Inzi.... There is a thread on it. Look At my signature.... Most honest assesment of Tendulkar by the King of Cricket himself :hatsoff:
Yes, I agree. Bradman cashed on brand Tendulkar because he wanted to be in the Pepsi commercial for the 99 WC. However, he was denied an appearance after Pepsi unearthed Bradman's conspiracy.
Yes' date=' I agree. Bradman cashed on brand Tendulkar because he wanted to be in the Pepsi commercial for the 99 WC. However, he was denied an appearance after Pepsi unearthed Bradman's conspiracy.[/quote'] Isnt Tendulkar, the reason why we talk about Bradman? If it wasnt his media savvy or always in the news instincts why would he associate his batting style to that of Tendulkar. He definitely knew that it wasnt true.... Read his statement carefully, How he has chickened out "....Now I never saw myself play..". Or Are you saying that Bradman wasnt lieing? now compare that to Sir Vivian Richards..... He knew that he is great batsmans. He doesnt have to associate himself to Tendulkar or anybody else to proove his greatness. He didnt had that insecure feeling. Hence he speaks his mind. :bow: to the King
yaar Mishra g... DON , VIV , Sunny have gone gaga over SRT batting style and technique.. But few of our ICFers are not so proud of his performance... but they go by what they see in some *****y old footage and a 50 years old written article.:giggle:

For me my fav. quotes are : "Sometimes, you get so engrossed in watching batsmen like Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar that you lose focus on your job." -Yasir Hameed, former Pakistan batsman, trying to explain why he dropped a catch off Sachin in a test at Rawalpindi. "We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called Sachin." -Mark Taylor, Australian captain in 1998 when his team lost Chennai test as Tendulkar scored 155 unbeaten runs in second innings, smashing star spinner Shane Warne all around Chepauk. "He has been in form longer than some of our guys have been alive." -Daniel Vettori, New Zealand cricketer who began his career as a teenager. "There are two kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others." -Andy Flower, former Zimbabwe cricketer.