Trent Bridge over Lake Nottingham

Bright and sunny. Looking good. Depends on how quickly the groundstaff get rid of the surface water. If we do not get a start by lunch, it will be an absolute blithering shame.
feel much better now.... would appreciate timely updates, dhonds... .time is 11 in the nite for me... it is supposed to start at 2:30.... dont think, i can sleep now..
feel much better now.... would appreciate timely updates' date=' dhonds... .time is 11 in the nite for me... it is supposed to start at 2:30.... dont think, i can sleep now..[/quote'] Don't tell me you are going to be awake for the rest of the night and then come to know it is delayed by yet another couple of hours. By the time the game starts you will have hit the sack Gator :tounge_smile:
Damp outfield but by all accounts subject to umpire approval game will start on time!
I'm not sure which accounts you're reading. This is what I got from cricinfo :
10.30am "Aw, look, it is very frustrating," says guess-which-umpire, yes, it's Simon Taufel. "We're hopeful the sun keeps beating down and the public are patient and that we can start at some point today." Oh dear, that sounds a bit alarming; the umpires are rightly being safety conscious and the outfield is very wet. Ian Howell, his South African colleague, is not much more hopeful either, hoping for "some play" today.

This is where cricket sucks, in fact, Ravi. You can play a much more physically demanding game like football on a soaked pitch, but when it comes to a gentle chase after the cherry in the outfield, the risk of injury is unacceptable? This is just nonsense, to be honest.

Yup, guys, don't stay up for this. Almost certainly, no play today. If it doesn't dry out, start may be delayed tomorrow as well. I know it's frustrating, but you can't do much about it. I reckon this will be the death of cricket, if they can't invest in drainage, like Lords did. Any football ground worth its salt, has superb drainage and underfoot heating. Cricket is just hopeless.

Don't tell me you are going to be awake for the rest of the night and then come to know it is delayed by yet another couple of hours. By the time the game starts you will have hit the sack Gator :tounge_smile:
thanks for the jinx, Ravs..:thumbs_up:. i hit the sack by 2 itself though... and missed the first 3 wkts, wen i got up....
This is where cricket sucks, in fact, Ravi. You can play a much more physically demanding game like football on a soaked pitch, but when it comes to a gentle chase after the cherry in the outfield, the risk of injury is unacceptable? This is just nonsense, to be honest.
There is difference between football and cricket. 1. A wet outfield means the ball will get wet . A wet cricket ball is a abs no-no. Not so for football. 2. Footballers run , so even if they slip they will fall flat. But fast bowlers leap. If they slip, that could an ankle gone.