Indian cinema and sports

kabira

Bollywood hardly used to make movies based on sports. But this trend has been changing. Past few years we have seen Iqbaal Hattrick that kid movie, poor school v/s rich school part 2 of above movie Ta Ra Rum Pum (car race) Apne (Boxing) Now there will be movie on women hockey by Yashraj Production Chak de India..SRK playing as coach Has finally Bollywood matured? I love sport based movies and Hollywood has tons of it.

the worst cricket movie ever made was "Awwal number" the ending was very crap.. amir khan gets injured.. then uska walk man on ho jaata hai.. and " i love u, i love u" and then woh thiik ho jaata hai and six maar deta hai lol.. typical Indian oldie.. agreed that jo jeeta wohi sikaandar was perhapz the best sport movie of 90z...

the worst cricket movie ever made was "Awwal number" the ending was very crap.. amir khan gets injured.. then uska walk man on ho jaata hai.. and " i love u, i love u" and then woh thiik ho jaata hai lol.. typical Indian oldie.. agreed that jo jeeta wohi sikaandar was perhapz the best sport movie of 90z...
sort of like manoj kumar reviving his father from a heart attack with batteries for the radio (to play some obnoxious patriotic song).

Actually, b4 Lagaan Adrenaline scene was in JJWS
wasnt that the one with the whole cycling business? if so, that was indeed quite good especially with the exercises amir does to improve his fitness for the race... i recall once he tied weights to his ankles or knees and then trained to improve strength... i tried that when i saw the movie, the bloody weights slipped and the cloth holding them got entangled in the drive chain... needless to say, i needed medical assistance.

There was a Prakash Jha movie in early 80s Hip Hip Hurray. A fairly decent watch. Captures 80s era really well and had good performance by Raj Kiran and Deepti Naval.
That was a very good movie...shot at Vikas Vidyalaya in Ranchi if I remember right....

^^ Oh yes indeed it was shot at Vikash Vidyalaya Ranchi. Darn how did I forget that. Thanks for the reminder Mandrake :regular_smile: Thx, Aamir's brothers role was played by Mamic. He used to be a model and was well liked in JJWS, wonder where is he now

Gone are the days when guys used to sleek english and suave mannerisms to try act smart in front of girls. BTW , when i say sleek accent and suave mannerism , i am in no way referring to the guy in the vidoeo