Indian cinema and sports

kabira

Gone are the days when guys used to sleek english and suave mannerisms to try act smart in front of girls. BTW , when i say sleek accent and suave mannerism , i am in no way referring to the guy in the vidoeo
I know 'big pocket" is always steady

Bollywood hardly used to make movies based on sports. But this trend has been changing. Past few years we have seen Iqbaal Hattrick that kid movie, poor school v/s rich school part 2 of above movie Ta Ra Rum Pum (car race) Apne (Boxing) Now there will be movie on women hockey by Yashraj Production Chak de India..SRK playing as coach Has finally Bollywood matured? I love sport based movies and Hollywood has tons of it.
Matured? Yes, if waking up to commercial possibilities of stories beyond those of lovers running around trees in phoren locations is what you mean. And what is so great about Hollywood making movies on various sports? If you pare them down to the bone, they are all the same. Some ordinary Joe finds redemption in an extraordinary fashion on the field. It's all about redemption, upliftment of spirit, all within the sheen of an all-Yankee gung-ho naiveté that is supposed to represent the spirit of individuality. Ridiculous, really!

JJWS and Iqbal stand out for me.

That was a very good movie...shot at Vikas Vidyalaya in Ranchi if I remember right....
:top: Have fond memories of Vikas. Used to accompany my mausis when they went to drop my cousins off before the start of term. A school with a great history.

Chak De India is a fantasic watch. Excellent movie and SRK has done realy well. What I didn't like though is the dig the movie has on cricket. I don't quite understand why they need to undermine cricket just because cricket is followed more than hockey in India? It's not cricket's problem hockey administrators weren't as robust as cricket administrators to market the sport better. They could have done without the dig at cricket I feel.

Chak De India is a fantasic watch. Excellent movie and SRK has done realy well. What I didn't like though is the dig the movie has on cricket. I don't quite understand why they need to undermine cricket just because cricket is followed more than hockey in India? It's not cricket's problem hockey administrators weren't as robust as cricket administrators to market the sport better. They could have done without the dig at cricket I feel.
Right. And Chak De is the second movie of Shah Rukh Khan that I've liked, after Swadesh!