A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

India 164/1 SR Tendulkar 83* (108b 8x4 1x6) 33.1 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.0 kph, taps it down towards mid-off and refuses the single 33.2 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 125.7 kph, pushed to Shakib at mid-off again and this time he has to scamper back, sign of nerves finally? 33.3 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.0 kph, clipped hard down to mid-on and he can't pinch a single here 33.4 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, slashed and just short of point! Nervy moment for Sachin, well stopped in the end 33.5 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 127.7 kph, gets on the front foot and pushes it to cover 33.6 Mashrafe Mortaza to Tendulkar, no run, 126.4 kph, and it's a maiden! Clipped hard to mid-on, he's trying to get it away but can't pinch the single
Its not defensible from any end. :((
Dhoni needs to find right set of bowlers for this condition, Pathan is your all rounder so you don't need Jadeja, Bring Rahul Sharma in, he is new guy and Pakistan has not played against him.
Dhoni needs to understand that bowlers need to take wickets to win. You have to make the new ball count. His entire idea is stop the flow of runs and build pressure and see the opponent explode. Sometimes (more often these days) he forgets it can work both ways, his bowlers can also feel the pressure and the opposition can play decently What the hell was raina and Rohit bowling for? Dinda 2 overs and then we have rana and rohit bowling and then 2 overs for dinda then later one over where he gets hit badly and then the last over. Is it just me or MSD captaincy is freaking off here.
That is where you need to learn - there is a world of difference between "Selfish to the core" and "selfish for few deliveries". As I said before - off all the innings he played post his 99th 100, this was the most inconsequential match - where he could afford to go slow for a while - without severely affecting team's winning chances. 290 was not un-defend-able against BD - check out how Pakistan bowled. Heck, even we were in winning position until 46th over. Also, not so long ago (last match) - two of the in-form batsmen went slow for their 10th 100s - that too against much better team - SL!!! Would you call them selfish to the core, when they are only in mid/early stage of their careers? I guess you only use this term "call spade a spade" - did you do that in last match? What changed today?
Yes both kohli and gambhir were as selfish.
Dhoni needs to understand that bowlers need to take wickets to win. You have to make the new ball count. His entire idea is stop the flow of runs and build pressure and see the opponent explode. Sometimes (more often these days) he forgets it can work both ways, his bowlers can also feel the pressure and the opposition can play decently What the hell was raina and Rohit bowling for? Dinda 2 overs and then we have rana and rohit bowling and then 2 overs for dinda then later one over where he gets hit badly and then the last over. Is it just me or MSD captaincy is freaking off here.
+1 His captaincy has been very poor from some times now and mainly due to defensive tactics in middle overs.
so Sachin or any other batsman nearing hundred has never played a maiden over. Has this happened first time??
Jesus man! 22 freaking runs off 40 deliveries in PP and slog overs when the team had 8-9 wickets in hand against Bangladesh! You've got to be on a different mental wavelength to defend this sort of atrocious and selfish batting. If someone else has done it, then that would be atrocious and selfish as well.
How are the two posts even remotely related? One is about his disgraceful and deliberately slow innings and the other is about the humility with which he handles such moments and foolish and delusional fan boys like yourself who can't even understand what is being written in plain English.
Please forgive me for lack of comprehension skills..:( I believe you haven't answered the following part yet..:winky: If you thought Sachin's innings yesterday was a disgraceful one I wonder why you delayed starting this thread till the match was virtually out of our hands? :hmm:
so Sachin or any other batsman nearing hundred has never played a maiden over. Has this happened first time??
If someone says he played for his milestone yesterday and affected team's chances, I can't defend it. He clearly did it there. Though I am a bit relieved that he got out of this web and can play without this headache.
Jesus man! 22 freaking runs off 40 deliveries in PP and slog overs when the team had 8-9 wickets in hand against Bangladesh! You've got to be on a different mental wavelength to defend this sort of atrocious and selfish batting. If someone else has done it, then that would be atrocious and selfish as well.
+1 At the time of his innings all his fan(atic)s were defending him saying it was because of the two paced nature of the pitch,even when raina and later dhoni were scoring with ease.Dont know how these guys can be so blind

Its time to kick out Tendulkar from the Indian team ganguly once scored a selfish 86 off 111 balls when we were chasing 300+ against australia. and it was no surprise that ganguly was dropped from the odi team after that series due to that innings now tendulkar has scored a selfish 114 off 147 balls, taking 138 balls to reach a 100 and 17 balls to move from 90-100 and deprive india of atleast 20-30 runs due to that tamasha of reaching a 100. the tendulkar 100 even ended up costing india the match. now if our selectors have any sense, they should kick tendulkar out immediately from the odi team and also warned to improve his perforamnce in tests maybe its time we had someone like john inverarity as the selector. he even kicked out ponting from the odi team after ponting didnt make runs. the same should happen to tendulkar

Please forgive me for lack of comprehension skills..:( I believe you haven't answered the following part yet..:winky: If you thought Sachin's innings yesterday was a disgraceful one I wonder why you delayed starting this thread till the match was virtually out of our hands? :hmm:
Because if the team wins, such luxuries and pursuit of personal records can be overlooked but if the team loses as a result of such actions, there is bound to be more criticism. Is that too difficult to grasp? Interview over?
Chasing personal landmarks by knocking around singles in PP and slog overs to achieve a "milestone"!
wel said. and for this knock, tendulkar deserves to be kicked out of the indian team no other player would take 17 balls to move from 90-100 in the slog overs of an odi. even in last match, gambhir & kohli despite slowing down, were scoring at a run-a-ball in the 90s, but here tendulkar was just blocking everything and once tendulkar crossed 80, i was even praying that tendulkar got out because tendulkar 100 stood between a victory & defeat for india
fully agreed. no way such a pathetic display of batting can be defended the way tendulkar batted, he deserved to lose and thats what happened

>22 freaking runs off 40 deliveries in PP and slog overs when the team had 8-9 wickets in hand against Bangladesh! You've got to be on a different mental wavelength to defend this sort of atrocious and selfish batting. If someone else has done it, then that would be atrocious and selfish as well. OP has way of twisting the facts, when do PP and slog overs start.

OP has way of twisting the facts, when do PP and slog overs start.
I am talking about the game after the 30th over till he scored his century in the 44th over. Out of those 14 overs 5 were PP overs and 4 were slog overs, so yeah the majority of the overs I am talking(9/14) about were PP and slog overs. Ideally, there was no excuse to not step up the scoring even from overs 31-35 since we had 9 wickets in hand. Instead Tendulkar started scoring at a strike rate of 50. So, where was the twisting of facts?

Why is 30 to 35 considered slog overs?? You just chose your own yard stick. Its quite common batsman slow down jsut before power play, as they don't want to take chances. Brisbane final, Warner does the same before the PP, 28th over or 29th over, he plays few dot balls. he as 82 off 87 balls, he ends up at 85 off 96 balls just before the power play. LOL it happens all the time, batsman tend not to take risks jsut before the power play

I am talking about the game after the 30th over till he scored his century in the 44th over. Out of those 14 overs 5 were PP overs and 4 were slog overs, so yeah the majority of the overs I am talking(9/14) about were PP and slog overs. Ideally, there was no excuse to not step up the scoring even from overs 31-35 since we had 9 wickets in hand. Instead Tendulkar started scoring at a strike rate of 50. So, where was the twisting of facts?
LOL you said slog overs and Power play, as far as I know 30 to 35 are neither slog over nor power play. You just picked that period to suit your argument.