F1 2012 Season

India-KXIP fan

First race in Melbourne today. McLarens will start up front, Hamilton on pole. Disappointing qualifying by Red Bulls standards, Vettel will start 6th. Michael Schumacher to start in 4th :yay: The force Indias are Hulkenburg starting in 9th and Paul Di Resta in 15th. Hulkenburg is a great talent but I think he will move to one of the big teams next season. Indian driver Karthikeyan and his teammate failed to make the grid, there time was over 7% slower than the fastest car. :(( Here are my predictions for podium 1. Hamilton 2. Button 3. Michael Schumacher (1st podium since return :yay: )

Kimi Raikonnen is back - he was 7th in his comeback race :cool: Button won the race and Vettel was 2nd. IMO Vettel should win the Championship again and it will be a fight between Red Bull and McLaren for the Constructors.
Agreed Red bull or Mclaren this year. Button was excellent yesterday, his reply on tems radio was very confident when Vettel was catching up he said im not even going 100%. Massa was horrible, why do Ferrari even stick with him? Lotus is the surprise package this year.

Agreed Red bull or Mclaren this year. Button was excellent yesterday' date=' his reply on tems radio was very confident when Vettel was catching up he said im not even going 100%.[b'] Massa was horrible, why do Ferrari even stick with him? Lotus is the surprise package this year.
I'm certain they will drop him if he doesn't perform this season. My money is on Raikonnen to Ferrari next season - he is the only guy who can seriously challenge Vettel and Button and Webber.

Repeat of Melbourne, Hamilton pole, Button second and Schumacher 3rd, Vettel is also starting 6th again. Raikkonen will start at 5th, good and I agree with above post he will likely end up back at Ferrari next season. The 2 force India's were dissapointing and will start 14th and 16th. Indian driver Karthikeyan was last. More info in this article: http://en.espnf1.com/malaysia/motorsport/story/74084.html Lewis Hamilton took pole position for the Malaysian Grand Prix as McLaren secured its second consecutive front row lock-out. After dominating qualifying in Australia it's the same front row in Malaysia as Hamilton beat Jenson Button by just 0.15s. It was a similar story too as Hamilton pulled out a sublime lap on his first run in Q3 and didn't need to improve, while Button's second lap allowed him to get close to his team-mate's time of 1:36.219. Michael Schumacher was third for Mercedes - his best result since returning to Formula One in 2010 as he was just edged off the front row by Button at the end of the session. Mark Webber will be alongside him after outqualifying Sebastian Vettel for the second race in succession. Webber's 1:36.461 was identical to Kimi Raikkonen's impressive time, but Raikkonen will take a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change. Vettel was sixth fastest but set his fastest lap time on the hard tyre as Red Bull pulled out a clever strategic move. Having been a second off the pace on his first runs on medium tyres Vettel switched to the tyre expected to be better in the race and just stayed ahead of Romain Grosjean and Nico Rosberg as the top eight were separated by less than half a second. Fernando Alonso and Sergio Perez round out the top ten. Felipe Massa was the biggest name to drop out in the second session, even though Ferrari didn't expect to be competitive during qualifying. He ended up 12th behind Pastor Maldonado who ruined his chances by damaging his car when running off in to the gravel at turn ten early in Q2. Bruno Senna was still 0.3s off his team-mate as neither Williams made it in to Q3, while both Force India's dropped out alongside Daniel Ricciardo and the disappointing Kamui Kobayashi who was over half a second slower than Perez. Massa was under pressure from the start of qualifying as he sat 18th for most of Q1, needing a late lap on medium tyres to promote himself up to 15thh eventually. In the end it was Jean-Eric Vergne who dropped out in the first session after locking up heavily on his flying lap and flat spotting his front right tyre. The vibrations were visible from the on-board camera and Vergne was forced to pit. Also dropping out were the usual suspects of Heikki Kovalainen, Vitaly Petrov, Timo Glock, Charles Pic, Pedro de la Rosa and Narain Karthikeyan. It was a good session for HRT, however, as both cars qualified within the 107% time and will be able to start the race tomorrow. Kovalainen will start 24th as a result of a five-place grid penalty carried over from the Australian Grand Prix.

Big surprise Alonso wins, Force Indias pick up points. Perez also a big surprise in 2nd. Huge relief for under pressure Ferrari boss. Massa was shocking at 15th. Button pushed way back after restart. Races with rain are always interesting.Vettel misses points after grazing Karthikeyans tyre (Vettels own fault) Here's the race report. http://en.espnf1.com/malaysia/motorsport/story/74242.html Fernando Alonso won an enthralling Malaysian Grand Prix holding off the challenge of the relentless Sergio Perez. Ferrari called the perfect strategy in the rain-affected race, and Alonso didn't put a wheel wrong as he held off Perez by just 2.2 seconds. Perez could and probably should have won his first grand prix but ran wide when pressuring Alonso with six laps remaining and couldn't close the gap in the remaining laps. Pole-sitter Lewis Hamilton was third after a slow pit stop mid-way through the race, while Mark Webber came home fourth ahead of Kimi Raikkonen and the impressive Bruno Senna. It was a bad day for Jenson Button as contact with Narain Karthikeyan dropped him to the back of the grid, while Sebastian Vettel suffered a late puncture after contact with the same HRT and finished 11th. Rain caused problems from the very start as it began to fall 10 minutes before the lights went out. As a result all the drivers started on intermediate tyres except the HRT pair, and Hamilton held of Button off the line as the drivers found sector two very wet. Romain Grosjean made a good start but tapped Michael Schumacher in to a spin at turn four and both were forced to pit. Conditions were treacherous in certain areas but much dryer in others, making tyre choice a difficult call. Eventually all drivers pitted for full wets, and Perez benefitted to rise to third behind the McLarens by being one of the first in. As the rain intensified the safety car was deployed and after two laps behind it the race was red flagged on lap nine, with Webber fourth, Alonso fifth ahead of Vettel and Karthikeyan up in tenth place. The race restarted behind the safety car and after a few laps the cars were released, with Button pitting immediately, but the rest of the leaders staying out. Hamilton had a slow stop in the busy pit lane and when the pit stops all shook out Alonso led Perez, while Button soon ran in to Karthikeyan - who was yet to pit - and had to pit for a new front wing, dropping to the back of the field. Alonso initially eased away at the front while Perez put a good gap between himself and Hamilton. Nico Rosberg was fifth but his tyres went off and he dropped back behind Vettel, Raikkonen and Webber before pitting. Felipe Massa also had trouble as he slipped backwards and pitted, dropping back to 18th. As rain threatened and drivers stayed out on intermediate tyres, Perez started reeling in Alonso at the front on the drying track. Eventually everyone pitted for slicks but Perez and Hamilton stayed out a lap longer and lost a lot of time. Perez again quickly closed a gap of over seven seconds but after being warned by the team not to throw away second place he ran wide at turn 13 and couldn't recover the gap. Hamilton appeared to be coming under pressure from Vettel but the reigning champion moved over too early when lapping Karthikeyan and punctured his left rear tyre on the HRT's front wing. That promoted Webber to fourth ahead of Raikkonen and Senna - the Williams particularly impressive as he climbed through the field after an early pit stop with a series of strong overtaking moves. Paul di Resta came home seventh after a strong drive, ahead of what was a close battle between Jean-Eric Vergne - who stayed out on intermediates until the red flag to promote himself to seventh when the race was suspended - Nico Hulkenberg and Pastor Maldonado. Maldonado's engine gave up with two laps remaining, however, elevating Schumacher in to the final points-paying position.

Well it's nice to know people at least are starting to care about F1. Before Indian GP all an average Indian knew about F1 was the name Michael Schumacher.
I started following F1 since 2000, and the driver which caught my imagination was Juan pablo Montoya. Schumi had a very good car and very good team and in rain hit races he used to deliver some spectacular wns. But at the end of the day, his car had way too much advantage over others.... But Montoya ..... Man he was some driver... At times He used to show some overtaking maneuvers which were no less than death defying stunts.... He was probably the last of old school driver. In current setup, Hamilton for first two seasons, showed some of Montoyas aggression. I think he quit F1 and joined Nascar.

so true, i 2 hope that indian people, especially the youth bcomes more interested in f1.. i was a big schumi fan in the 90`s when i was just 6-7 years old.... times have changed, from schumi to alonso to vettel to ? lets see

I started following F1 since 2000, and the driver which caught my imagination was Juan pablo Montoya. Schumi had a very good car and very good team and in rain hit races he used to deliver some spectacular wns. But at the end of the day, his car had way too much advantage over others.... But Montoya ..... Man he was some driver... At times He used to show some overtaking maneuvers which were no less than death defying stunts.... He was probably the last of old school driver. In current setup, Hamilton for first two seasons, showed some of Montoyas aggression. I think he quit F1 and joined Nascar.
Montoya was crazy , we dont have such Drivers anymore . infact i would rather watch the likes of Takuma sato than the current lot . Hammilton ? seriously ?