Lara V Tendulkar

Okay.. so I gather that there is no real counterargument from you :haha:
first object to great Zim not being added as that would in your opinion make the great SRT competitive and then expect a counter argument :hysterical:
first object to great Zim not being added as that would in your opinion make the great SRT competitive and then expect a counter argument :hysterical:
No, its in your duplicity of you adding an equally pathethic or worse new zealand in the stats to make Lara look better

Now that there is issue of vast gap in bowling avgs during the periods, I decided to do a quick retinker of the actual averages by multiplying them with a factor. Factor is simple - Global average during the 90s divided by Bowling avg of the team in the 90s). Based on this I recalculated the "adjusted avg" of Tendulkar and Lara from their debuts till lara's retirement (excludes Bangers of course), LaravsTendulkar.png Tendulkar comfortably comes on top.

Seriously are you blind mate? How many times do I've to tell you Zimbabwe statistically were a superior bowling unit to that of NZ and Sri Lanka and in the same league as India and england during the 90s??
we get it' date=' the great ten needs the help of great zim to go post Lara despite 21 notouts vs 6 :giggle:[/quote'] Rett, for one moment, can u answer this, how then you explain Zimbabwe the bowling unit, having a better average than that of SL and NZ in the 90s? Then we can talk about Tendulkar having to take comfort from Zim stats and all that blah blah... Zimbabwe lost a lot of matches in the 90s than it won, but that was primarily owing to their dire batting lineup which didn't have a notable batsman barring Andy Flower. Their bowling, though workmanlike was effective however. But Sachin faced their bowlers, not their batsman, so their batting avgs or wins is of no consequence here.
Rett, for one moment, can u answer this, how then you explain Zimbabwe the bowling unit, having a better average than that of SL and NZ in the 90s? Then we can talk about Tendulkar having to take comfort from Zim stats and all that blah blah... Zimbabwe lost a lot of matches in the 90s than it won, but that was primarily owing to their dire batting lineup which didn't have a notable batsman barring Andy Flower. Their bowling, though workmanlike was effective however. But Sachin faced their bowlers, not their batsman, so their batting avgs or wins is of no consequence here.
Don' expect an answer. But if and when it suits him, you will not be surprised to read about how great Ponting's knock vs BD in a test was.
Seriously are you blind mate? How many times do I've to tell you Zimbabwe statistically were a superior bowling unit to that of NZ and Sri Lanka and in the same league as India and england during the 90s??
dude .. you made my day :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Ryan ten Doeschate averages 67 in International ODIs , does it make him better than sacgin ??:cantstop: minnows use to play minnows most of the times and rarely play matches vs stronger teams , so their averages tend to be decent :haha::haha:
Don' expect an answer. But if and when it suits him, you will not be surprised to read about how great Ponting's knock vs BD in a test was.
Am totally amazed at the statistical depths to which rett plumbs but fail to recognise such a straightforward thing as "team bowling avg during the 90s". I have no clue people could be so direly selective. I used to see this guy in CW sometime back and there he looked a decent enough poster.
dude .. you made my day :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Ryan ten Doeschate averages 67 in International ODIs , does it make him better than sacgin ??:cantstop: minnows use to play minnows most of the times and rarely play matches vs stronger teams , so their averages tend to be decent :haha::haha:
Well said, but pray which minnow did Zimbabwe compete against regularly in the 1990s in test matches? Talk about someone who jumped in without any clue as to what's being discussed... We're discussing test stats here... ODIs can get ****ed.
Too many smilies in a post is a sure give away that the point you are making is weak. Zim played 39 tests in the 90s, 12 of those vs Pakistan who were perhaps the 2nd best side of that time and 10 vs SL who were strong at home with the emergence of Murali in the mid 90s. Add 3 vs India and SA each..do your maths and tell me how Zimbabwe played the minnows most of the times to have a better bowling average?
Now that there is issue of vast gap in bowling avgs during the periods, I decided to do a quick retinker of the actual averages by multiplying them with a factor. Factor is simple - Global average during the 90s divided by Bowling avg of the team in the 90s). Based on this I recalculated the "adjusted avg" of Tendulkar and Lara from their debuts till lara's retirement (excludes Bangers of course), LaravsTendulkar.png Tendulkar comfortably comes on top.
average difference of 1.32 and you are commenting that "Tendulkar comfortably comes on top" :D again you came with a flawed analysis based on stats , let me give an example Lara played 15+ test matches vs McGrath but sachin played only 9 when McGrath played.. concluding anything based on this stats will make only people to sleep and nothing else :doh: cricket is a very simple game , but will be a very complex thing if they play for stats :hatsoff:
Well said' date=' but pray which minnow did Zimbabwe compete against regularly in the [b']1990s in test matches? Talk about someone who jumped in without any clue as to what's being discussed... We're discussing test stats here... ODIs can get ****ed.
this is enough for me :D and i very well meant the tests.. atleast in ODIs minnows get a chance play vs strong teams , in tests obviously they play more with minnows :cantstop::cantstop: how many tests bangladesh played vs england and how many we played vs england in the same period. :giggle::giggle: