Taufel 'upset' about Tendulkar dismissal

King

Australian umpire Simon Taufel said he was 'very upset' to have handed a poor decision to Tendulkar. More... Taufel 'upset' about Tendulkar dismissal July 30, 2007 22:09 IST Australian umpire Simon Taufel, who is in the eye of a storm after adjudging Sachin Tendulkar [Images] and Sourav Ganguly [Images] out on the third day of the second Test, has acknowledged that he was "very upset" to have handed a poor decision to Tendulkar. However, he backed his decision on Ganguly, saying he would give that out every time. Taufel's comments were conveyed to viewers of Sky Sports by the channel's commentators, David Lloyd and David Gower, who discussed the controversial decisions on the fourth morning of the Test. "I always look at the big screen after giving a decision. And the minute I saw the replay of Sachin's dismissal, I knew I got it wrong," Taufel is reported to have told the Sky Sports commentators. "However, I would have given Ganguly out every time," he added. Lloyd explained that even V V S Laxman [Images], who was at the non-striker's end when Ganguly was batting, agreed that there was some sound as the ball passed Ganguly's bat. "The big disappointment is that people come to watch the top players and I gave him out wrongly. That upset me," lamented Taufel. The Australian umpire, who was voted 'Best Umpire of the Year' for the last three years, left Tendulkar stunned in disbelief by declaring him out just nine runs short of his 38th Test hundred. Tendulkar had put his left foot well down the wicket as he offered no shot to Paul Collingwood [Images], and was given out lbw. Television replays confirmed that the ball would have missed the stumps by a few inches. Ganguly was ruled out caught behind down the leg side to a ball from James Anderson as he tried to turn the ball to fine leg when he was on 79. Former England [Images] captain, David Gower, praised Taufel for being a good professional. "He is a very honest young man and a good professional and he takes great pride in his performance," Gower said. "He knew had had got it wrong [against Tendulkar] but when he came out this morning he had forgotten what happened yesterday. "And the first big decision he made today, following an appeal, he gave Cook out to yet another leg before decision."

Umpires are not bigger than the game. Thank god Simon Taufel realises that. If only the likes of Hair and Bucknor could follow his lead.
Hair is racist and Bucknor is a retard, these guys are beyond repair!! :P