India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

9 batsmen in a squad of 14, 3 of whom, most likely Tiwary, Bist and Menaria will warm the benches while the domestic season is on in full swing! Great start by the new selection panel. :facepalm:
good point match is in india should pick players which are needed... so this was done my new panel...are u sure :nervous:

lack of trying new fast bowling options is such a concern. The same tried and tested suspects are recycled in every team. There is very less hope with regards to fast bowling. Cannot see anyone worth apart from Yadav, Aaron who has still not recovered and is a rookie, and Shami who too is still very much a rookie.

good point match is in india should pick players which are needed... so this was done my new panel...are u sure :nervous:
Well then I guess it's a good thing there's no Mandeep : ) Chand probably wasn't good enough to get in. But still I just can't digest they think Menaria is > Mandeep :mad: Manoj Tiwary, Bist > Mandeep, yeah cool story bro.
Well then I guess it's a good thing there's no Mandeep : ) Chand probably wasn't good enough to get in. But still I just can't digest they think Menaria is > Mandeep :mad: Manoj Tiwary, Bist > Mandeep, yeah cool story bro.
They will be in BP XI.:two_thumbs_up:
They will be in BP XI.:two_thumbs_up:
Yeah but still these are the guys selectors think can make test squad and they have Menaria who has played less matches than Mandeep, averages less, outscored in NZ and they think he's better :mad::finger: Both failed Duleep trophy too. Others maybe chit players but they are experienced and maybe selectors wanted to give them last chance but out of the rookies it should have been Mandeep! :hitler:
and i will ask ur question here ...how will u know who to pick ?
In the A teams but haven't they already tried? We can do two things - [A] give a spinner a chance against England and see how he does ( sounds funny if even as I write it because even someone like Jadeja made the English dance to spin ) :giggle: or Do not give English even slightest exposure to spin and gain that slight mental advantage. The selectors have opted for and I don't disagree with them. To know whom should be picked is the guy who has done well over 12 months, not 1 match.
In the A teams but haven't they already tried? We can do two things - [A] give a spinner a chance against England and see how he does ( sounds funny if even as I write it because even someone like Jadeja made the English dance to spin ) :giggle: or Do not give English even slightest exposure to spin and gain that slight mental advantage. The selectors have opted for and I don't disagree with them. To know whom should be picked is the guy who has done well over 12 months, not 1 match.
O I see. Good point. :nice: But the batting selections were horrible. Hopefully they will pick Mandeep and being srs even Chand in BP XI 4 day match. No Dhawan, Vijay! But will they do that for all 3 games? What about giving young spinners like Harmeet a chance?
No Rohit Sharma and spinners in India A squad against England' date= Yuvraj picked India A Suresh Raina (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, M Vijay, Abhinav Mukund, Manoj Tiwary, Robin Bist, Ashok Menaria, Yuvraj Singh, Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Irfan Pathan, Ashok Dinda, Vinay Kumar, Parvinder Awana http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/587885.html
Brilliant :cantstop: No spinners!!! :nice:
O I see. Good point. :nice: But the batting selections were horrible. Hopefully they will pick Mandeep and being srs even Chand in BP XI 4 day match. No Dhawan, Vijay! But will they do that for all 3 games? What about giving young spinners like Harmeet a chance?
The 2nd match is Mumbai A versus England XI. Even if they play a spinner I would not be worried. England's batsmen may have faced many a spinner who can't even make the first choice Mumbai side. :cantstop: So, two games out of three done. The third game mostly would be a Board's President XI and I think they should continue with the strategy. The English are not good at mind games. I agree we should dish out green tops to England as it will achieve two objectives - Not give the English some chance against spin and get some exposure for our batsmen. Finally, as far as giving chances to Harmeet is concerned - that can always be done on other A tours and domestic games.
The 2nd match is Mumbai A versus England XI. Even if they play a spinner I would not be worried. England's batsmen may have faced many a spinner who can't even make the first choice Mumbai side. :cantstop: So, two games out of three done. The third game mostly would be a Board's President XI and I think they should continue with the strategy. The English are not good at mind games. I agree we should dish out green tops to England as it will achieve two objectives - Not give the English some chance against spin and get some exposure for our batsmen. Finally, as far as giving chances to Harmeet is concerned - that can always be done on other A tours and domestic games.
:hysterical::hysterical: I accidentally read Mumbai didn't realise it was Mumbai A :haha: . Like playing against a gully team, that's not a real warm up. One hand your facing THE legend and the other gully cricketers... Also I feel with his Test record so far PK deserved a chance to prove himself.
:hysterical::hysterical: I accidentally read Mumbai didn't realise it was Mumbai A :haha: . Like playing against a gully team, that's not a real warm up. One hand your facing THE legend and the other gully cricketers... Also I feel with his Test record so far PK deserved a chance to prove himself.
Ashwin and Ojha are LEGENDS. :--D