India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

Tone down your expectations India is going through transition Lost couple of our middle order batsmen. Couple that we have are in twilight of their career. Few are out of form. Few youngsters are barely into their second season at Test level. Uninspiring coach, rigid captain. A jackass cricket board who denies technological advantage to its bowlers. It is always about batsmen. These are recipes for disaster. There will be some ups and downs. Shouldn't be surprised to see prolonged slumps from our team. Even a great team like Australia despite their planning could not handle transition. Our team was never a great side. So our decline will last longer.Till such time we just have to tone down our expectations.

Pujara? Yuvraj and Kohli both get to have a place in the team at the same time too... you can only replace one with one :cantstop:
What about Pujara? He was not really a new player as he showed his class in SA 2010 but had been injured ever since, everyone knew he would walk straight into the team. What i am is saying is that Laxman went and we bought UV, next in line is Raina for whoever retires/injured and he is just as useless in tests. Kohli has also been a passenger.
What about Pujara? He was not really a new player as he showed his class in SA 2010 but had been injured ever since, everyone knew he would walk straight into the team. What i am is saying is that Laxman went and we bought UV, next in line is Raina for whoever retires/injured and he is just as useless in tests. Kohli has also been a passenger.
Then how will replacing Raina for Sachin bring about the new players? so much for logic :cantstop:

I agree with OP we must stay positive as we would have taken a 3-1 series win at the start. But as the things you have mentioned like coach/selection can all be improved quite quickly and players dont need years before they score ie pujara who has made immediate impacts. Kohli and Ashwin have now imo played enough to have some expectations of (4 overseas tours, 3/4 home series and for Kohli countless number of ODI's).

The problem has been the attitude of selecting players for test team based on their performances in ODIs and T20s. This is why we have never been able to find a good No.6 because they have been trying to fill that spot with someone from our ODI side like Raina, Yuvraj etc. While they may do well sometimes when tests are played on flat tracks, when the wicket has a little bit of help for the bowlers they will get found out because their technique, temperament and skill level is just not good enough for tests. Selectors have to keep an eye on batsmen, bowlers who perform in testing conditions and who have the necessary talent and skill and not just go by numbers.

Do you not understand sarcasm lol.. I said "Raina WOULD have been picked for SRT"...not SHOULD have been. Same way UV was picked for Laxman which was a wrong decision.
It's about time you spilled the beans and let the world know about the "secretely talented test batsmen of India waiting in the line". Please spit out some new names at least
OP +1 How is it an excuse? He isn't making an excuse on how we lost. Those are plain facts!!!
Last time I checked, "facts" did not mean this crap " twilight of their career. Few are out of form. Few youngsters are barely into their second season at Test level. Uninspiring coach, rigid captain. "