Rich comment on Sreesanth beamer

Guest dada_rocks
Even if the beamer from Sree is intentional it is o.k.Because every body does/did it and act as if it is accidental .
He at least apologized after bowling I have seen chuktar bowling a beamer to dhoni and then turning around like nothing has happened
I have just watched Michael Holding commentating on Sreesanth's beamer and suggesting that it could have been deliberate, and hinting that it is unacceptable. The same Michael Holding, who, in 1984, bowled 2 consecutive beamers at SMH Kirmani (stand between Gavaskar (236) and Kirmani in Madras) - Kirmani then took guard about 5 feet outside leg and indicated to Holding where the stumps were and where he should be bowling.
I didnt see the game so can not vouch for the authenticity of the comment but if it was made it surely is ironical. Is this the same Michael Holding that would resort to bowling with the sole idea of hitting the batsman? Didnt he once hit many Indian batsmen in a single innings, send atleast 3 off the ground and Indian skipper Bedi had to declare because he didnt want to risk lower order batsmen? http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1970S/1975-76/IND_IN_WI/IND_WI_T4_21-25APR1976.html Didnt he bowl that torrid spell to Brian Close and John Edrich where he aimed specifically at the body with the idea of hurting the batsman? Sure one can argue that the decision was made by the captai Lloyd but the gun was fired by Holding. I am sure Holding can look at his own record first rather than chastising others. xxx

Shree's beamer led someone at work today to proclaim that it was intentional and could have killed KP!!! :hysterical: The first thing to remember is that the rules are quite clear on the point. If the fielding umpire adjudged Shree's actions to be "deliberate" then he would have had to "immediately suspend" him from bowling for the remainder of the innings. Tauffel didn't think it was deliberate so that must carry some weight. Secondly, why deliberately bowl a beamer? There's plenty of bounce on the pitch so if he really wanted to go for KP a vicious bouncer of the type delivered to Tendulkar would have done the trick. Shree is young feisty and arrogant but not stupid so as to ensure a black mark against his name for a long time. Finally Holding who was a strong supporter of this theory that the beamer was deliberately bowled backed it up by emphasising Shree's character and his recent conduct. The argument is flawed because there are bowlers like Andre Nel who act and react in the same way. Does that mean that every beamer which they bowl must be deliberate? With such great cricket the biased SKY commentary is increasingly irritating and is only second to the rubbish that I had to listen to from the South African commmentators over xmas. Any ideas of where we can pick up Indian commentary whilst watching the match...?

Shree's beamer led someone at work today to proclaim that it was intentional and could have killed KP!!! :hysterical: The first thing to remember is that the rules are quite clear on the point. If the fielding umpire adjudged Shree's actions to be "deliberate" then he would have had to "immediately suspend" him from bowling for the remainder of the innings. Tauffel didn't think it was deliberate so that must carry some weight. Secondly, why deliberately bowl a beamer? There's plenty of bounce on the pitch so if he really wanted to go for KP a vicious bouncer of the type delivered to Tendulkar would have done the trick. Shree is young feisty and arrogant but not stupid so as to ensure a black mark against his name for a long time. Finally Holding who was a strong supporter of this theory that the beamer was deliberately bowled backed it up by emphasising Shree's character and his recent conduct. The argument is flawed because there are bowlers like Andre Nel who act and react in the same way. Does that mean that every beamer which they bowl must be deliberate? With such great cricket the biased SKY commentary is increasingly irritating and is only second to the rubbish that I had to listen to from the South African commmentators over xmas. Any ideas of where we can pick up Indian commentary whilst watching the match...?
Agree completely. Good post.