Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

agree.this show is no better than those boring debates that happen on channels like Doordarshan' date='loksabha etc. [b']but most of it give them a pass because the anchor isnt a celebrity.
And thats a surprise because...?? Bandhu wlecome to the celebrity era. Why else do you think IPL runs packed houses and Ranji trophy does not have a mai-baap? Why is it fair for someone like Dravid, or Ganguly, to make money playing in an idiotic championship, in my opinion, and unfair for Aamir to make money off a TV show that some people like? How many here think that Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly et al will catch the next train to Uttarakhand to promote love of the game? And which of these Indian greats wont show up if there is a guaranteed apperance money dangling?? Get real. It has become about money. Unfortuntaley but yes it is here, live with it.

And thats a surprise because...?? Bandhu wlecome to the celebrity era. Why else do you think IPL runs packed houses and Ranji trophy does not have a mai-baap? Why is it fair for someone like Dravid, or Ganguly, to make money playing in an idiotic championship, in my opinion, and unfair for Aamir to make money off a TV show that some people like? How many here think that Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly et al will catch the next train to Uttarakhand to promote love of the game? And which of these Indian greats wont show up if there is a guaranteed apperance money dangling?? Get real. It has become about money. Unfortuntaley but yes it is here, live with it.
agree.I'm not saying its unfair on Amir to earn.I just dont like the show because the show is still boring despite Amir.with IPL u expect n get quality entertainment bcoz of the stars.its not there in this show. oh n forgot xxx

agree.I'm not saying its unfair on Amir to earn.I just dont like the show because the show is still boring despite Amir.with IPL u expect n get quality entertainment bcoz of the stars.its not there in this show. oh n forgot xxx
But isn't that subjective? What you find boring seems to appeal to a few. We wouldnt be having this conversation otherwise, would we? Just change the channel if you dont like it, just like I do when I see IPL :--D xxx (:cantstop: )

But isn't that subjective? What you find boring seems to appeal to a few. We wouldnt be having this conversation otherwise, would we? Just change the channel if you dont like it, just like I do when I see IPL :--D xxx (:cantstop: )
it is.I am just putting my opinion.not forcing anyone to stay away from it lol:cantstop:

it is.I am just putting my opinion.not forcing anyone to stay away from it lol:cantstop:
I find it fascinating that you find it a flaw for a show to not be entertaining while it is discussing subjects like foeticide and child abuse. Its a bit like the man whose girlfriend got a call about her fathers death at night and after comforting her for a while he goes: so how about that blowjob?

I think some of us are looking at it too simplistically. We may have been aware of the problems but not on some of the root causes. For example' date=' educated being involved more in female feticide than non-educated brass. I believe that's where the "social awareness" angle comes into picture.[/quote'] how much you can educate already educated people...they know what they are doing..they even know its wrong...just because of a TV show they are not going to change that these are just imho...

Abused kids and murdered female infants should provide entertainment to you :headshake::headshake:

Yes, Social Awareness. Yes, Really. 53% of kids in India are sexually abused. Honestly, how many Indians know that? In my opinion, not many. I hate these "what next" statements, bringing irrelevant subjects to prove a flawed point. Yes, this is no holier-than-thou show. If it claims to be, then its wrong. At the end of the day, its just a show discussing social issues, that's it. I do not see any reason to dislike it.
You still haven't answer my question. Should they show footage about some attacks? Moreover, what does some facts such as those mean to the audience, they would be stocked for 1 day, next day they will go back to their normal lives and simply could not care. After all, it is not their responsibility to care, particularly when everything is blamed on the government. It is not showing social issues, it is using social issues to gain $$ and publicity for itself. Clear difference and why we should never take shows like these seriously.

I find it fascinating that you find it a flaw for a show to not be entertaining while it is discussing subjects like foeticide and child abuse. Its a bit like the man whose girlfriend got a call about her fathers death at night and after comforting her for a while he goes: so how about that blowjob?
again read Audioman's post.entertainment is not all about pleasure n humour.its about keeping us engaged.I cant even watch this show for 5 mins consecutively.
Abused kids and murdered female infants should provide entertainment to you :headshake::headshake:
no Aamir should.he should present the problem in an engaging manner.maybe its the problem with my psyche but I just cant relate to n feel the pain of people on the show

Yep, and also to add. For them, all the responsibility goes to the government and they themselves have no individual responsibility on their own. They will spend $$ to show the information but will never spend any $$ to actually even "try" to solve these problems. That for me actually describes our whole nation. Such as one person earns low $$, blames government for everything, but never really questions himself on what he himself should have done to improve.
I dont recall where he said in the last two episodes that the government is responsible. Rather he made clear in the first episode that they are not going to point fingers and isolate people to blame and that in most cases every citizen has to share the burden of blame? As far as offering solutions is concerned, in the two issues they have raised so far, the only solution is awareness and education - isn't that exactly what he is doing?

again read Audioman's post.entertainment is not all about pleasure n humour.its about keeping us engaged.I cant even watch this show for 5 mins consecutively. no Aamir should.he should present the problem in an engaging manner.maybe its the problem with my psyche but I just cant relate to n feel the pain of people on the show
I can watch the whole show with a lot of interest. May be you can go back to munni and sheela. We define our own entertainment.

again read Audioman's post.entertainment is not all about pleasure n humour.its about keeping us engaged.I cant even watch this show for 5 mins consecutively. no Aamir should.he should present the problem in an engaging manner.maybe its the problem with my psyche but I just cant relate to n feel the pain of people on the show
Yes, we thank Audioman for the revelation about the nature of entertainment. How old are you? it may have something to do with how detached you are.

Yes' date=' Social Awareness. Yes, [b']Really. 53% of kids in India are sexually abused. Honestly, how many Indians know that? In my opinion, not many. I hate these "what next" statements, bringing irrelevant subjects to prove a flawed point. Yes, this is no holier-than-thou show. If it claims to be, then its wrong. At the end of the day, its just a show discussing social issues, that's it. I do not see any reason to dislike it.
If you picked up that number from Amir's show - I think it was - 53% of (reported/survey) child-sex abuse cases are males.

I also dont see the issue with someone not finding the show worth a watch. Just because its talks about social issues or is hosted by Amir Khan doesnt mean that everyone should be glued to their tv sets or it becomes sacrosanct and above criticism.

And all this because he does not like a TV show you do? You see who the child is here?
Exactly . Personal insults for a feckin Tv show . Now to like or dislike Aamir's show has become a litmus test to differentiate who is mature v/s immature and who is Sacha Deshkbhat v/s Traitor .

And all this because he does not like a TV show you do? You see who the child is here?
ooo smart comeback. :hail: All I am concerned is with what he finds wrong with the show, which mirrors your viewpoint. That somehow the show has to be 'entertaining' and that is the only reason you can be arsed to care about the actual content.

Exactly . Personal insults for a feckin Tv show . Now to like or dislike Aamir's show has become a litmus test to differentiate who is mature v/s immature and who is Sacha Deshkbhat v/s Traitor .
Is it insulting to ask how old someone is? It might make it easier for someone to get their head around the fact that someone can be so lacking in empathy that they can disregard the issues at hand and insist that they be entertained in the process on their terms. Maybe the show just isn't meant for you. I don't watch Pogo, Star Utsav, ETV, myself, because the shows on them are not for me.