ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

AS if it works that way, VVS too should have hit a century at Sydney this time. Like he did all years previously. WI should have won 83 WC like they had done always previously. Also Pakistan should have won the 96 WC because last time they lost to India in a WC they won it. Didn't turn out that way did it. :winky:
Pawned! :cantstop:
AS if it works that way, VVS too should have hit a century at Sydney this time. Like he did all years previously. WI should have won 83 WC like they had done always previously. Also Pakistan should have won the 96 WC because last time they lost to India in a WC they won it. Didn't turn out that way did it. :winky:
:haha:

india is a pretty solid bet to win this tournament. i'll give u 5 reasons 1. schedule. we're not playing this right after the IPL. in the previous 2 tournaments, our guys were coming off a grueling IPL schedule and looked spent before the games even began. injuries were another issue, and the team was never quite full strength either. no IPL fatigue this time around. 2. build up. already had a full series in SL, experience of playing at all the venues. conditions clearly suit our team. the combination they had in the one t20 against SL looked fairly balanced. two more t20s against NZ wil give them a chance to fine-tune things and we will know our best XI going into the tournament, and they won't be winging it like last time. 3. virat kohli. he can do what yuvraj did for india in 2007. the guy is in amazing form. that innings against SL in the one off t20 was breath-taking, he hit everything off the middle right from the first ball and scored almost all his runs in crisp, perfectly-timed boundaries. bowlers will fear kohli in every match we play. possible candidate for player of the tournament. 4. the draw. the big worry is whether india can make it past the super sixes. well, the draw has been cleverly set up to have india and pakistan playing each other in the super 6. so that's one guaranteed win for india. i think they are good enuff to win 1 of the other 2 and reach the semis. either way, india is guaranteed to win at least 1 super six game before all is said and done. the ideal scenario would have india beating pakistan, winning 1 of the other 2 and then playing two really good games in the semis and final. 5. motivation and expectations. we have been **** since the world cup. gotta win something to make people feeling good about the team again. i doubt anyone expects india to do well, and in situations like these, the team usually bounces back. i'm sure the players will be up for it and will see this as an opportunity for redemption.

Where did I say it will happen? Hoping it happens and predicting it will are two different things. We are a much worse t20 side now.
Can't figure out why you are not giving enough credit to your team :dontknow: To me the strongest format for Pakistan is T20s. In odis they don't have the batsmen who can win it for them and neither the bowling to run through a side (barring Ajmal). In Tests they will struggle outside of SC as the spinners won't be able to do much and batting is way too inexperienced. T20s is the ideal format for Pak players as their bowling can restrict the run flow and pick wkts, and their batsmen doesn't have to worry about building an innings or playing a long one.
Can't figure out why you are not giving enough credit to your team :dontknow: To me the strongest format for Pakistan is T20s. In odis they don't have the batsmen who can win it for them and neither the bowling to run through a side (barring Ajmal). In Tests they will struggle outside of SC as the spinners won't be able to do much and batting is way too inexperienced. T20s is the ideal format for Pak players as their bowling can restrict the run flow and pick wkts' date=' and their batsmen doesn't have to worry about building an innings or playing a long one.[/quote'] Our t20 team is overrated. We were a top side till Afridiot took over from YK and we went on to lose 70% of the games. Our batting will struggle to get 150 barring the day when Afridi comes off with the bat. Bowling is good but bowling alone won't win you the games. I rate our test team way higher then the t20 side. In test we have a solid batting line up. Not spectacular but gets the job done.
Our t20 team is overrated. We were a top side till Afridiot took over from YK and we went on to lose 70% of the games. Our batting will struggle to get 150 barring the day when Afridi comes off with the bat. Bowling is good but bowling alone won't win you the games. I rate our test team way higher then the t20 side. In test we have a solid batting line up. Not spectacular but gets the job done.
In Tests I think pak batsmen had it easy in SC conditions. The better test will be in SA when we will see how Pak batsmen do. In T20s they are still a formidable team coz they have decent pacers in Sohail Tanvir and Gul. Tanvir foxes batsmen with his unusual action in T20s as batsmen don't have time to get used to him as they would in Tests or even odis. Gul doesn't need to think much and can focus on bowling yorkers as if he has to do anything else he's not the same bowler as seen in his Test and odi performances. Plus in T20s all-rounders like Afridi or Hafeez can make the differnce but not that helpful in Tests.

Sri Lanka World T20 Squad Announced! Sri Lanka World T20 Squad Announced! 1. Mahela Jayawardena (Capt) 2. AngeloMathews (Vice Capt) 3. Kumar Sanggakkara 4. T.M Dilshan 5. Lahiru Thirimanne 6. Jeevan Mendis 7. Dilshan Munaweera 8. Thisara Perera 9. Lasith Malinga 10. Nuwan Kulasekara 11. Rangana Herath 12. Ajantha Mendis 13. Dinesh Chandimal 14. Shaminda Eranga 15. Akila Dhanajaya omg after years of bad selections by the selectors ,finally this time the selectors were spot on with their selection of the 15 member squad for the t-20 worldcup.i particularly like the inclusion of akila dhananjaya and dilshan munaweera which was only possible due to slpl .now we have 3 worldclass spinners who can trouble any opposition on our tracks and thank u selectors for bringing back ajantha mendis.now finally we have not only selected the right persons but also dropped the right person.another thanks selectors for dropping tharanga,udana and great kapu.now with the team we have i think we are definitely one of the favourites to lift the worldcup.

A team that is full of crap. won't even get past Zimbabwe. Our u19 will trash them.
u were just lucky that we didnt play this squad in the last odi series.kohli vs dhananjaya and raina vs mendis may give u nightmares.:dance::two_thumbs_up: