England vs South Africa 2012

i wish our test side was as boring as england. they have perfected the art of winning tests on seaming tracks. it might not be the most pleasant thing to watch but fair play to them, on these tracks they are a couple of levels above everybody else right now. tomorrow they will rack up 500, bowl the saffers out for 250 on day 3, set them 400 to win and cruise home on days 4/5.
Yep thats the idea of controlling over the match, but you never know Amla-Smith can realy resist well to dig in the wicket there.
i wish our test side was as boring as england. they have perfected the art of winning tests on seaming tracks. it might not be the most pleasant thing to watch but fair play to them, on these tracks they are a couple of levels above everybody else right now. tomorrow they will rack up 500, bowl the saffers out for 250 on day 3, set them 400 to win and cruise home on days 4/5.
We did something similar at Trent Bridge few years ago. Bangar and Dravid played boring cricket and made sure that England doesn't get any advantage of helpful bowling conditions. Once the pitch was good for batting, everyone cashed in to set up a big total for India.
We did something similar at Trent Bridge few years ago. Bangar and Dravid played boring cricket and made sure that England doesn't get any advantage of helpful bowling conditions. Once the pitch was good for batting' date=' everyone cashed in to set up a big total for India.[/quote'] Yes, but THAT Trent Bridge pitch was the spiciest pitch apart from Jamaica 2006 Indians ever batted on!!! So Dravid's batting was not boring since the pitch was so freaking tough for batting on day 1. This was a dead and dry wicket, and you at least expect 1st day pitches in England and SA to show some liveliness and make it very tough for batters. If Hayden and Langer or Sehwag-Gambhir (when in good form) batted on this, the day 1 score would have been 380/3. What pissed me off is that Trott and Cook were leaving those deliveries which even Raina can hit them with ease, why are some so scared of playing shots?. With day 1, I can at least say that either England win this or it's a draw.
Yes, but THAT Trent Bridge pitch was the spiciest pitch apart from Jamaica 2006 Indians ever batted on!!! So Dravid's batting was not boring since the pitch was so freaking tough for batting on day 1. This was a dead and dry wicket, and you at least expect 1st day pitches in England and SA to show some liveliness and make it very tough for batters. If Hayden and Langer or Sehwag-Gambhir (when in good form) batted on this, the day 1 score would have been 380/3. What pissed me off is that Trott and Cook were leaving those deliveries which even Raina can hit them with ease, why are some so scared of playing shots?. With day 1, I can at least say that either England win this or it's a draw.
Trott and Cook plays alway like that only.. better you dont follow the series as i doubt they will read this thread :sad:
We did something similar at Trent Bridge few years ago. Bangar and Dravid played boring cricket and made sure that England doesn't get any advantage of helpful bowling conditions. Once the pitch was good for batting' date=' everyone cashed in to set up a big total for India.[/quote'] Right. I'll watch day 3 and skip day 2, when SA bat.:pray:
Yes, but THAT Trent Bridge pitch was the spiciest pitch apart from Jamaica 2006 Indians ever batted on!!! So Dravid's batting was not boring since the pitch was so freaking tough for batting on day 1. This was a dead and dry wicket, and you at least expect 1st day pitches in England and SA to show some liveliness and make it very tough for batters. If Hayden and Langer or Sehwag-Gambhir (when in good form) batted on this, the day 1 score would have been 380/3. What pissed me off is that Trott and Cook were leaving those deliveries which even Raina can hit them with ease, why are some so scared of playing shots?. With day 1, I can at least say that either England win this or it's a draw.
Different teams, different players, different styles. Don't like it - don't watch it. :D FYI, that's how Trott and Cook always play. England's game is not about flair but wearing down the opposition and in home conditions it works quite well.
Different teams, different players, different styles. Don't like it - don't watch it. :D FYI, that's how Trott and Cook always play. England's game is not about flair but wearing down the opposition and in home conditions it works quite well.
English cricket fans and journalists have amazing double standards. When India were number one in Tests, most of these journos were like we were at that position by default because we never had "90 mph fast bowlers". We can say the same for England who don't deserve to be number one since their batsmen are "too scared" to hit fours. But no, their is huge praise for them in cricinfo. I want SA to win the series and see those depressing faces of Andrew Mcgashan and co.
English cricket fans and journalists have amazing double standards. When India were number one in Tests' date=' most of these journos were like we were at that position by default because we never had "90 mph fast bowlers".[b'] We can say the same for England who don't deserve to be number one since their batsmen are "too scared" to hit fours. But no, their is huge praise for them in cricinfo. I want SA to win the series and see those depressing faces of Andrew Mcgashan and co.
Rather the better way to put it across is to say they have just 1 good enough attacking batsman in KP who can take on the opposition when needed. Also, why behave like the English fans or journalists? The world is round my friend - what goes around, comes around. Give credit where it's due and be objective as far as possible. Currently, England's method of wearing down the opposition are bearing fruit. The only way to trump them over (at least at home) is by being more patient than them or producing something out of the ordinary. I think SA are trying the former currently on this pitch but may soon do the latter if there's more spice on the pitch.
Rather the better way to put it across is to say they have just 1 good enough attacking batsman in KP who can take on the opposition when needed. Also, why behave like the English fans or journalists? The world is round my friend - what goes around, comes around. Give credit where it's due and be objective as far as possible. Currently, England's method of wearing down the opposition are bearing fruit. The only way to trump them over (at least at home) is by being more patient than them or producing something out of the ordinary. I think SA are trying the former currently on this pitch but may soon do the latter if there's more spice on the pitch.
KP is like he doesn't exist in the team, lol. Extremely inconsistent, makes a rare big 100 or 200 against ordinary attacks and gets out in single digits otherwise.
Also, why behave like the English fans or journalists? The world is round my friend - what goes around, comes around. Give credit where it's due and be objective as far as possible. Currently, England's method of wearing down the opposition are bearing fruit. The only way to trump them over (at least at home) is by being more patient than them or producing something out of the ordinary. I think SA are trying the former currently on this pitch but may soon do the latter if there's more spice on the pitch.
England has been able to succeed with that tactic because they have good bowling attack which can restrict other teams in less than 4 sessions. On the other hand Indian team has to completely dominate with their batting to create chance of winning. It's more about playing according to the needs. That's why I posted about Trent bridge test. India needed to be patient on day 1, they did and gain from it. Whenever they failed to play according to the need, even saving the match has been difficult. It's not that Indian cricket team plays more attacking game. Eveytime Sehwag is dismissed, run rate drops drastically.
England has been able to succeed with that tactic because they have good bowling attack which can restrict other teams in less than 4 sessions. On the other hand Indian team has to completely dominate with their batting to create chance of winning. It's more about playing according to the needs. That's why I posted about Trent bridge test. India needed to be patient on day 1, they did and gain from it. Whenever they failed to play according to the need, even saving the match has been difficult. It's not that Indian cricket team plays more attacking game. Eveytime Sehwag is dismissed, run rate drops drastically.
I never meant that Vibhash. I was only asking for a more genuine opinion than "getting back" at English cricket fans especially when they aren't in this thread. Once wobbly, Kellogs and Serani come back you can have your shot! :grin:
English cricket fans and journalists have amazing double standards. When India were number one in Tests, most of these journos were like we were at that position by default because we never had "90 mph fast bowlers". We can say the same for England who don't deserve to be number one since their batsmen are "too scared" to hit fours. But no, their is huge praise for them in cricinfo. I want SA to win the series and see those depressing faces of Andrew Mcgashan and co.
another poster who is die hard fans of English fans and journalists.. :hysterical: :hysterical: cant believe people are so naive to follow others simply...you can just ignore them :dontknow:
What a road of a pitch for the 1st match' date=' just to wear down your opposition. [b']At least we play at SSC only from the 2nd match onwards. Test cricket is going to die because of these sort of attitude from non-SC cricket teams. Always play safe. :giggle:
A knowledgeable cricket lover would know that the first Test match in England always starts at Lords. This year it was West Indies who toured before South Africa but I'm sure you were busy watching Mahela in his lungi and forgot about it. Oh btw, Oval is just one of the places which at least provides some swing & results too. If I'm not mistaken SL has the highest Draw/Win Ratio due to their flat tracks. Only after Muralitharan burst on to the scene that they changed that. Clearly shows how "pussy" Sri Lankans are. The mascot of a Lion and a pussy cats in real life. No doubt their supporters on cricket forums are also the same. :giggle:
A knowledgeable cricket lover would know that the first Test match in England always starts at Lords. This year it was West Indies who toured before South Africa but I'm sure you were busy watching Mahela in his lungi and forgot about it. Oh btw, Oval is just one of the places which at least provides some swing & results too. If I'm not mistaken SL has the highest Draw/Win Ratio due to their flat tracks. Only after Muralitharan burst on to the scene that they changed that. Clearly shows how "pussy" Sri Lankans are. The mascot of a Lion and a pussy cats in real life. No doubt their supporters on cricket forums are also the same. :giggle:
9YPNj.jpg Got it old man! :tounge_smile: :omg: what a pwnage.