Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

Amir Khan acts only Inside movies according to whatever character he is playing... SRK Never comes Out of Acting frame-of-mind, 24 hrs he keeps playing, may b "The SRK" Character ... Salman Khan never plays any character; neither acts inside movies, nor outside movies...
Congrats Asim Bro for your Wedding .... :icflove: BTW you didnt invite me in your reception .... :sad:

You cant be serious. :cantstop: Kamal is nowhere near the league of best actors in the world. Watch movies made outside Kollywood sometimes. :cantstop:
I watch more Hollywood and French movies than Indian Movies. I know an acting talent when I see one. There are several good actors.

Kamalhassan enforces acting' date=' Mohanlal does method acting. Both these guys come from stage acting, where you have to magnify expressions to reach audience. Of course both these guys are better than the wodden face SRK or angsty wangsty Aamir and most others we get in recent times, but they are past their prime. Kamalhassan recently is all about himself, so most of his movies has him literally chewing the scene. Mohan lal remained a purist, which makes him a better actor and more likable. Kamalhassan might be one of the best if he stopped acting after 1995. :giggle:[/quote'] True, but Kamal Hassan hasn't acted as much as the 80's and 90's. And the movies which he acted in recently are almost always bakwas movies.

True, but Kamal Hassan hasn't acted as much as the 80's and 90's. And the movies which he acted in recently are almost always bakwas movies.
Says who? Kamal Hassan acted in tons of Malayalam movies during the 80s and 90s. That's where he made his debut.
I watch more Hollywood and French movies than Indian Movies. I know an acting talent when I see one. There are several good actors.
And is that why you gave importance to Hassan's dancing skills over his acting? And declared him as the most versatile actor in the 'world' who is better than the rest of actors in the world? :giggle:

Says who? Kamal Hassan acted in tons of Malayalam movies during the 80s and 90s. That's where he made his debut. And is that why you gave importance to Hassan's dancing skills over his acting? And declared him as the most versatile actor in the 'world' who is better than the rest of actors in the world? :giggle:
I said Kamal hasn't recently as much as he did in the 80's and 90's. That's what I meant. Kamal Haasan could do various extra things along with his acting. Could SRK act, dance, do martial arts, all while performing a character role?

I said Kamal hasn't recently as much as he did in the 80's and 90's. That's what I meant. Kamal Haasan could do various extra things along with his acting. Could SRK act, dance, do martial arts, all while performing a character role?
When did I say SRK could? :giggle: And if he wants to he can, he just does not. That's not my problem. Lol. What I said was SRK > Amir is terms of skills. Amir has better sense in picking a role.

When did I say SRK could? :giggle: And if he wants to he can, he just does not. That's not my problem. Lol. What I said was SRK > Amir is terms of skills. Amir has better sense in picking a role.
SRK can entertain crowds more than Aamir. SRK is an entertainer. Aamir is a performer.

True. I don't disagree. I still believe, if SRK had good sense in roles and opted for the same ones as Amir, he would have done better.
I also think SRK could've worked better. But he always followed whatever his director said. He couldn't think outside the box. '

Aamir is rated so highly simply because the movies he acts in are good - in many of those movies his acting hasn't been that great IMO.
SRK has also chosen movies that have been good. Chak de India, Swades, Veer Zaara, etc. Was his acting good there? He entertained people and kept them moving and interested.

I also think SRK could've worked better. But he always followed whatever his director said. He couldn't think outside the box. '
Everyone follows what the director says. Doesn't matter if you are a Nasurideen Shah or an Uday Chopra. An actor is a slave of the director. I think you mean the script. Actors often add their own lines when in character. As mentioned earlier, something that Amir wouldn't do. He is strictly a trained actor without any raw talent.

SRK has also chosen movies that have been good. Chak de India, Swades, Veer Zaara, etc. Was his acting good there? He entertained people and kept them moving and interested.
I have seen Swades and Chak De, and SRK was really good in both, especially Chak De. Also, check out Dil Se and how damn good he was under Mani Ratnam.

Everyone follows what the director says. Doesn't matter if you are a Nasurideen Shah or an Uday Chopra. An actor is a slave of the director. I think you mean the script. Actors often add their own lines when in character. As mentioned earlier, something that Amir wouldn't do. He is strictly a trained actor without any raw talent.
How do you know which actor follows the script and which actor doesn't? Just by seeing the movie is not enough to tell how an actor follows. You would have had to know him personally or heard him say such a thing.

How do you know which actor follows the script and which actor doesn't? Just by seeing the movie is not enough to tell how an actor follows. You would have had to know him personally or heard him say such a thing.
Because that's what I have been learning for the past 3 years. It quiet easy to spot if someone speaks out of the script in a movie, not a scene. Take a good actor like Mamoothy for instance, he strictly stays withing his script unlike a Mohanlal or Kamal.

I have seen Swades and Chak De' date=' and SRK was really good in both, especially Chak De. Also, check out Dil Se and how damn good he was under Mani Ratnam.[/quote'] I saw Dil Se when it released. I really thought SRK was an actor with many things to come. He really impressed me. He massively disappointed me afterwords with his rom coms. I agree in some of his movies(Chak de, swades, etc) he has shown good, natural acting. But, in other movies his acting has been sub par, but his entertaining skills made films become hits. Very few movies has he shown superb, out of this world acting. He should've become a world class actor, with the potential he had. But, he became engrossed into making money and only chose masala films that were sure to have become hits in the Indian Market.

Because that's what I have been learning for the past 3 years. It quiet easy to spot if someone speaks out of the script in a movie' date=' not a scene. Take a good actor like Mamoothy for instance, he strictly stays withing his script unlike a Mohanlal or Kamal.[/quote'] Following the script also requires talent and good memory power. Actors tend to find memorizing lines and delivering performances and roles acorrding to the script more difficult than improvising because it's easy to create lines according to situations, but it is difficult to take a uniformed script into one's hand and try to perform a role or a character. Actor's tend to forget their lines, if they have poor memory. It's quite difficult to memorize the script and re-enact according to that.