India A to play 3 first class matches on the A tour to WI, June 2012

Pujara was the only one that stood out but it was a great experience for a lot of these player who would have never had played in pitches like they got in WI and also against 6'7 bowlers For the likes of Ahmed, Saha, Tiwary, Rahana this will be invaluable experience.

I disagree! Dinda was awful in FC matches and we can forget him for tests, which we are going to play 10 in total in coming six months. Surely we'll need at least 6-7 seamers as one set isn't going to last the entire season and that is a given. On top of that, despite that, we are playing Zaheer in the irrelevant ODIs in SL! Wonder where we are going to get 6-7 test bowlers! Imagine if all our important bowlers break down during England series? Or even Australia series? Thats how great our selectors' vision is! And Shami has a long way to go to develop varieties to be successful in ODIs. I'll be glad if he concentrates in tests only.
if shami ahmed was consistently good in tests so its good news also he hasnt lost nay pace but ya technically he hasnt played for india so maybe thats to come but he is very impressive in this format and dinda cant pick wickets but is good at death in limited overs cricket..now thing to do is pick players for the farmats they are suited too in india we have this problem first we will give them chances in odis even though player might have ok list a career but brilliant first class career ...rohit comes to mind...here now if they pick shami for odis in near future tht would just destroy his progress imo
He's picked for another India A tour I guess. When will this madness stop?
His selection for the Windies tour was controversial. but was one of the success stories of that tour. Deservedly named for the Kiwi series. Scored a 61 and took 3 wickets in the only FC match he played on the tour. 1/21 and 1/28 in the 2 t20s though didn't do much with the bat. Useful contributions with the bat and ball in the 2 List A matches he played.