Euro 2012

ganeshran

Portugal face Czech republic in QF.They have a easy task when compared to others.Spain face France in QF
As these are knockout games (not gonna end up draw) so far impresively rebulded Czechs after Russian hiccup not gonna leave the tournament without scoring has fair chance to beat Portugal. I dont see Portugal winning here without Ronaldo scoring multiple goals. So basic task is simple for Czech, stop Ronaldo.

As these are knockout games (not gonna end up draw) so far impresively rebulded Czechs after Russian hiccup not gonna leave the tournament without scoring has fair chance to beat Portugal. I dont see Portugal winning here without Ronaldo scoring multiple goals. So basic task is simple for Czech' date=' stop Ronaldo.[/quote'] they too have many other good players who were scoring and won it for portugal when ronaldo was struggling

That Ramos tackle was a peno though. And Rakitic should have bruied that header- good save though it was. Italy were poor even though they beat and even poorer Ireland, a better side would have beaten them yesterday I think they will have a better chance vs Fr than Eng in QFs... Eng will have too much pace and energy and Italy seem to lose it in the 2nd half...
Italy do seem to badly fade in the 2nd half. However, if they switch back to 3-5-2 they have a great chance of beating England. They gave a good account of themselves against Spain and really should have beaten Croatia. England have been far from impressive and arguably have not deserved to win any of the 3 games played so far.

Italy do seem to badly fade in the 2nd half. However' date=' if they switch back to 3-5-2 they have a great chance of beating England. They gave a good account of themselves against Spain and really should have beaten Croatia. England have been far from impressive and arguably have not deserved to win any of the 3 games played so far.[/quote'] You think? Thats the big question for Italy now what formation, theyve lost their best defender in Chiellini too, so having 3 CB's might be safer, De Rossi would have to move back to defence... but would that expose them to attacks down the flanks from England pacy wingers... Id love Italy to beat England but I will be surprised if it happens. England need to play high tempo premier league style-which they have not at all so far- and they can win, even comfortably. Italy bit oddly do not seem to have stamina to last in the second half... started the tourno well, but gradually been playing less convincingly...also hugely reliant on Pirlo. If they get Parker to stick on him, thatll stifle the Italians

england need to play walcott and the ox. the italians wont be able to handle their pace, but boring roy will stick with dogs like milner and parker.
+1 .. but tbh milner nd parker can bcome hero against team like italy

i see portugal winning 2nite 3-1...nani' date='gaynaldo,postiga to score[/quote'] It's gonna be the battle of midfielders. Czech has some good blokes up in the middle. I just wish up front Portugal had more firepower besides Ronaldo. I mean Postiga is a good finisher, but he lacks pace. Nelson has pace but he's an awful finisher.

england need to play walcott and the ox. the italians wont be able to handle their pace, but boring roy will stick with dogs like milner and parker.
Not to rekindle that old debate again-so you would play Ox and walcott instead of Milner and Parker. A mid/attack of Young, Ox, gerrard, Theo -Rooney-Welbeck That will NEVER work! Who will defend ?! Though I agree that Italians will struggle against pace- so Walcott maybe in for Milner yes, as much as I think Milner is a good player...Gerrard has been able to roam out wide and cross only because he knows Milner will tuck in and cover defensively. Also Milner is a central midfielder, not a winger -or is at his best there anyway

Not to rekindle that old debate again-so you would play Ox and walcott instead of Milner and Parker. A mid/attack of Young, Ox, gerrard, Theo -Rooney-Welbeck That will NEVER work! Who will defend ?! Though I agree that Italians will struggle against pace- so Walcott maybe in for Milner yes, as much as I think Milner is a good player...Gerrard has been able to roam out wide and cross only because he knows Milner will tuck in and cover defensively. Also Milner is a central midfielder, not a winger -or is at his best there anyway
welbeck has been useless also, apart from his fluke goal. this would be better for italians -

gerrard parker walcott oxlade young rooney

You think? Thats the big question for Italy now what formation, theyve lost their best defender in Chiellini too, so having 3 CB's might be safer, De Rossi would have to move back to defence... but would that expose them to attacks down the flanks from England pacy wingers... Id love Italy to beat England but I will be surprised if it happens. England need to play high tempo premier league style-which they have not at all so far- and they can win, even comfortably. Italy bit oddly do not seem to have stamina to last in the second half... started the tourno well, but gradually been playing less convincingly...also hugely reliant on Pirlo. If they get Parker to stick on him, thatll stifle the Italians
3-5-2 is definitely the formation for Italy in my opinion. Chiellini's absence is a massive blow, Juventus looked poor defensively without him in the Coppa Italia final and Italy were awful without him in the 0-3 friendly defeat to Russia. The problem with 3-5-2 now is that they do not have a natural left sided centre back with Chiellini injured so Barzagli would have to play on the left which is a little unfamiliar for him. I don't think 3-5-2 would leave them exposed down the flanks because with 3 centre backs, one should always be able to cover down the flanks. They have to play Balzaretti over Giaccherini at left wing back if they play 3-5-2. Also Pirlo, looks more comfortable in 3-5-2 than he does in 4-3-1-2 and he is probably their most important player. Italy should boss possession and will have the extra man in central midfield but England can be tough to break down. Looking at the current odds for the match, my money would be on Italy.

Walcott is much better as a sub when he can run at tired defenders and when his poor 1st touch is not such an issue. The OX is very talented but should not have been in the squad IMO. I would not start him in a game as big as this.

welbeck has been useless also, apart from his fluke goal. this would be better for italians -

gerrard parker walcott oxlade young rooney

yeah thats a good formation, good pace up front nd 2 central defensive mid, but young also hasnt been in greatest form...but i have a feeling,everything will come right for england against italy, i kinda like this english side, i think they`ll beat italy with ease