IPL 5 will be Sourav Ganguly's last as a player: Subrata Roy| Latest Update -I'm captain till end of season -Sourav Ganguly

Pagalpanti

but DADA was icon player for the kkr & also he was in auction. Why didn't he picked any young indian talent for the middle order. didn't he missed the tricks?
Yes, he missed there. Like all other teams, KKR went for big foreign names in the first auction. T20 and IPL were new concepts and no team was really aware what would work and what not to win in IPL. And Ganguly and Buchanan both are responsible for picking a wrong team. And I think that was the one and only big mistake Ganguly made during the 1st 3 years. But after a bad 1st season (which shouldn't have taken seriously as it was 1st season and you picked a bad team), management hardened its grip. by second season buchanan was given all responsibility in the team. he messed up by going for some Australian players who never fired. By season 3, there was nothing much one could do with the core of the team. I also feel KKR management are kind of dictators. they made Buchanan the only power center in the team, he couldn't give result. He was sacked. With the damage Buchanan had done to the team, they made Ganguly the only power center in the team. Ganguly did much better job by taking KKR to 14 points (same as no. 3, 4 and no. 5 teams on the points table). Still fired. To put in simple terms, KKR aggressively went for foreign players and foreign players didn't click for the team. McCullum, Gayle, (Ponting, Akhtar, Gul), Hussey and Hodge later.

So in short Mcullum,Akhtar,Gayle should do all the work while Gangu takes the credit for his captaincy. Sounds like Indian team to me.
No, Ganguly did his best. Check his performances in IPL 1 and IPL 3. But he wasn't supposed to be the only performing player of his team. If the original strategy of the team for the team building was made around the foreign players, no wonder foreign players will had to perform well. No one did.

No' date=' Ganguly did his best. Check his performances in IPL 1 and IPL 3. But he wasn't supposed to be the only performing player of his team. If the original strategy of the team for the team building was made around the foreign players, no wonder foreign players will had to perform well. No one did.[/quote'] No foreign players want to play with Ganguly. You read today's report in Hindustan times. Ganguly is the only player whose team has never made it to the last 4. He was the sole reason for KKR performing so bad in first 3 season

team) they made Ganguly the only power center in the team. Ganguly did much better job by taking KKR to 14 points (same as no. 3, 4 and no. 5 teams on the points table). Still fired.(no problem because now they are doing their best till date) To put in simple terms, KKR(Ganguly did not picked any indian player just to keep the lime light on himself) aggressively went for foreign players and foreign players didn't click for the team. McCullum, Gayle, (Ponting, Akhtar, Gul), Hussey and Hodge later.

Wow' date=' lots of nasty words against Ganguly. Did you guys even give any consideration to what Roy said about him being pushed into playing this year?[/quote'] Then why was he playing in Ranji trophy well before Yuvraj got ruled out due to cancer?

I dont hate Ganguly! I'm just 1 of those realistic fans who is highly disapointed with his outform play & incapable role for captaincy for PWI, truly expects much more from him. I'm glad Mr. Roy has seen it atlast, where most others were already out of hope for him to perform from day 1. He will be allways a legend as a great cricketer of Bengal, as like a prince of Calcutta. I wish this 'drop out' will give Saurav a lesson for future in his next role & characterization.

I dont hate Ganguly! I'm just 1 of those realistic fans who is highly disapointed with his outform play & incapable role for captaincy for PWI, truly expects much more from him. I'm glad Mr. Roy has seen it atlast, where most others were already out of hope for him to perform from day 1. He will be allways a legend as a great cricketer of Bengal, as like a prince of Calcutta. I wish this 'drop out' will give Saurav a lesson for future in his next role & characterization.
Even I never expected Dada to be fantastic in IPL. For a) age b) lack of regular international standard cricket. He was fantastic only in one season, IPL 3. Had average season in IPL 1. What I don't like is that people hold him singularly responsible for his teams' poor performances

I thought Ganguly himself wanted to play. If Roy was the one who pushed him to play you can't blame Gangu much. I will excuse him for his poor batting performance. But his team selections should have been better. I wonder if it got something to do with Aussie coach. They should have included Tamim.