Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell arrested from a Mumbai rave party| Update - Wayne Parnell claims innocence

saneindian

PL rave party: Kirti Azad says BCCI behaving like Somalian pirates Commenting on the detention of two Indian Premier League (IPL) players for their participation in a rave party in Mumbai on Sunday night, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lawmaker and former cricketer Kirti Azad on Monday said the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) were acting like Somalian pirates. "There is no sense of responsibility, BCCI is like Somalian pirates," Azad said. Azad further said: "Some players go to rave parties and do whatever they feel like. This is not a small issue." "The situation is that its about a larger issue because of the indiscipline. I feel the political discipline that has come into cricket has spoiled the entire format of the game . I feel that it is necessary now to look into the foundation of all the root causes," he added. Azad, who staged a dharna on Sunday to highlight the shenanigans of the IPL tournament, said that he is not against the format of the game, but was not in tune with the recent incidents taking place outside the ground after IPL matches. "There is no transparency now. The discipline has also finished following the untoward incidents that take place outside the ground. Who is responsible for all this?" asked Azad "Just think, what impression would these (unpleasing incidents) be leaving on the minds of youngsters, who want to play cricket for the country in future. Is this the message we want to give to our people through the game of cricket? Why doesn't it take place in Test matches, ODI matches and even T20 World Cup matches? Why do we get to see it only here (in IPL). What have you exactly sold that you are quiet on the issue?" he added. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/ipl-rave-party-kirti-azad-says-bcci-behaving-like-somalian-pirates/951965/

"The situation is that its about a larger issue because of the indiscipline. I feel the political discipline that has come into cricket has spoiled the entire format of the game . I feel that it is necessary now to look into the foundation of all the root causes," he added.
Yes give third degree to all the politicians.:giggle:

Rave party: Will quit cricket if tests are positive, says Rahul Sharma Jalandhar/Mumbai: A day after he was detained on charges of consuming banned drugs at a rave party, Pune Warriors player Rahul Sharma pleaded innocence. "I was told this was a birthday party, hence I went with my friend. When we reached there, it seemed like a normal party which I usually attend. The cops wanted to check us, and we allowed. We were then taken to the hospital, and they cleared us," Rahul said. I am sure my results won't be positive, he said adding that he is hearing about rave party for the first time. "If tests are positive, I'll quit cricket," Rahul said. Rahul and his teammate Wayne Parnell were among about 100 people who were detained at the Oak Woods Hotel in Juhu on Sunday night; they were later released. More IPL players were allegedly present at the party, but had managed to leave before the police raided the hotel. There were also reportedly a number of celebrity children, people connected to the film industry, including actor Apoorva Agnihotri, and foreigners among those detained. There is no confirmation yet on whether they did consume banned drugs, but police said they had seized about 110 grams of cocaine and drugs like Ecstasy from the party venue. Medical tests have been conducted on 52 men and 38 women at the Cooper Hospital. Reports are awaited and the police they would take action against those whose blood or urine samples showed traces of drugs. The police have arrested a man, Vijay Vishesh Handa, who they said organised the party, under the Narcotic Drug and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. He has been remanded to police custody till May 25. The cops said invitations for the party were sent out through social networking site Facebook. A message posted on the site said, "Support the party, not the drug", the police said, adding that they were trying to ascertain whether this was the way to inform people that there would be drugs at the party. The two Pune IPL players are among those who have been tested. Rahul Sharma said after his release that he was at Oak Woods hotel but a different party. "I went for a birthday party at Oak Woods Hotel in Juhu. I had just reached there but nobody was present," he said. His mother defended him saying, "My son went for a birthday party. How would he know whether people are going to take drugs over there or there is going to be a police raid? My son is fine, there is no problem. He has done no wrong." Actors Himanshi Choudhary and Apoorva Agnihotri were reportedly at the party and have been tested for drugs. Himanshi tweeted this morning, "Wasn't a Rave. It was just a party. All in hospital for blood test now." She also tweeted, "This wud not have been blown outta proportion. I heard the figures on drugs procured, seems bizarre. Will only know after da results of test." Additional Commissioner of Police Vishwas Nagre Patil of the Mumbai police said they were focused on finding out who the peddlers were. A complete investigation would reveal more, he said. http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/rave-party-will-quit-cricket-if-tests-are-positive-says-rahul-sharma-213708

The media this year is hounding IPL like crazy this year. Either there are some vested interests at work here or simply they have nothing newsworthy going on.
Order from Congress high command to divert the attention of people from important topic. Today Congress party spent 50 crores rupees in various news paper celebrating death anniversary of Rajiv Gandi.

Firstpost ‏@firstpostin Indian cricketer Rahul Sharma denies taking drugs #IPL
Firstpost ‏@firstpostin It was a normal party and I don't know of any #rave party there: Sharma #IPL
Firstpost ‏@firstpostin Rahul Sharma: I have always worked hard to play cricket and I have always said I have never touched drugs or alcohol #IPL
Firstpost ‏@firstpostin I have no idea what a #rave party is. It is the first time I went to such a party. Even Parnell maybe had no idea that it was a rave: Sharma
ANI ‏@ANI_news Rahul Sharma: I was ready to give the samples to the police when they took us away. I have never consumed anything in my life,so it was okay
ANI ‏@ANI_news Rahul Sharma: When I reached the party everything was normal,when I saw the police they said it was routine because some officers are coming
@firstpostin: Rahul Sharma says: 'It was like any other family party I go to. I didn't see anything unusual.'
Firstpost ‏@firstpostin I haven't even had the champagne they open after we win a match. If I am found guilty of taking drugs I will quit cricket: Rahul Sharma #IPL
Firstpost ‏@firstpostin Wayne Parnell said he was also shocked by the police detaining us: Sharma #IPL

btw. if I get it right.. the law is against' date=' possession and distribution of narcotics.... and not consumption... (you can always claim you were administered the stuff w/o ur knowledge)... can someone verify?[/quote'] That's what it is ... possession is a crime ... consumption isn't.

I like the way the media terms everything in terms of IPL - they could have simply said 'two international cricketers' but they have to say IPL players (and some people are behaving as if the BCCI officially organized a rave party for the players playing in the IPL). Never before in the history of cricket have players been named after a domestic tournament.

When I Sharma I was scared it was Rohit. Rahul is already a waste case. Awful IPL season and its obvious now why. lol at Parnell the new "muslim" gee i wonder if attending raves is in accordance with your new found path.

Which drug, how long? Different drugs have different half-life (and acceptable/ban-able trace-levels), and most of recreational drugs are cleaned out of system within couple of days - unless of course you are regular user. Also, (IIRC) ICC/BCCI do not yet come under WADA - under which only athletes can be tested randomly (random times) - and be banned for using performance enhancing substances. Even with WADA, not all substances that we normally call as 'drugs' are performance enhancers, and hence not under 'banned from sports/athletes' category....also, not all drugs are banned "All the time" http://www.teachpe.com/drugs/banned_list.php
I think BCCI is now WADA compliant after the last year fiasco on the "whereabouts" clause.