English win possible?

living

Nothing is impossible and England has to believe in that. It's hard to get over 4.5 rpo for about 90 overs in test cricket and we all know that but India almost chased 420+ runs once in England. As long as the left handers can continue to bat long enough India will start sweating despite knowing it is next to impossible for England to win this test match. Expect defensive fieldset and no intention to claim wickets by bowling aggressively if no wicket falls in the first hour. It is going to be one torturous last day this test match.

That was in 150 overs' date=' Ravi.[/quote'] Yup but still there is a chance. Didn't England score 400 runs against Australia in the Ashes in one day with almost the same batting line up? I'm not saying they will but all I'm saying is it is not impossible, there is a very faint chance still.

Ravi , dont let the magic of mathematics deceive you. There is no way england is winning this, absolutely no way. And that is mainly because , england would start cautiously tomorrow, because they know they need wickets in hand to even save this match , let alone win it. At best ,they would score 100 runs in their first session. That leaves us with 350 runs to make in 2 sessions. I dont think that is something that has ever happened in test cricket recently. And every effort England make to attack us , means extra chance to get a wicket. And every wicket means , 1 hour of quick scoring gone waste. England is NOT winning this.

Ravi , dont let the magic of mathematics deceive you. There is no way england is winning this, absolutely no way. And that is mainly because , england would start cautiously tomorrow, because they know they need wickets in hand to even save this match , let alone win it. At best ,they would score 100 runs in their first session. That leaves us with 350 runs to make in 2 sessions. I dont think that is something that has ever happened in test cricket recently. And every effort England make to attack us , means extra chance to get a wicket. And every wicket means , 1 hour of quick scoring gone waste. England is NOT winning this.
Even India didn't have a chance against Australia in the now famous Calcutta test match mate. Again I reiterate it is not easy as but it is not impossible. Even the 430+ chase against Australia by South Africa looked absolutely impossible but that didn't stop Saffies from making it. As I said history needs to be made and I don't see why you guys reckon records cannot tumble. Anil Kumble in this very test match has shown it is not as impossible if you have a good resolve. Only Anil Kumble has a hundred for India in this series. Prior to the start of the series people would have termed someone lunatic if he said Anil Kumble was going to be the lone century maker. As I said nothing is impossible and I'm sure England should believe that.
There is no way england is winning this' date=' absolutely no way.[/quote'] That was the overwhelming consensus when a lowly rated West Indies team, who'd been soundly defeated in the first 3 Tests, faced a world record total in Antigua, in May 2003. They won by 3 wickets. With the likes of Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar etc., who would've put money on Anil Kumble being the only Indian to score a century in this Test series ? Who would've believed you if you'd told them India scored 640 in an innings with none of the first 7 batsmen scoring a century ? Would you really expect anyone to take you seriously if you told them you thought Bangladesh could beat the Aussies in a one dayer ? Imagine how you would be laughed at if you told anyone seven coaches would need replacing after the ODI World Cup and all 4 of Lara, Fleming, Vaughan and Inzamam would play their last match as captain. 444 to win on the last day ? Improbable - not impossible. I wouldn't bet against it. David Shepherd already has one foot in the air. :wink_smile:

If England wins this one, i'll ship two rusty knives immersed in laal mirch, with a book on "Dummy's guide to castrate a cricketer" to Dhondy, Gambit or talkSport & have them do the honors on Dravid and ship the speciment to that friggin Chinese restaurant where they cherish genital meats. Probability or no probability, i dont care, i want a series win.