Dhoni vs Bevan

J P K

Dhoni vs Bevan  

1. 1.

today's innings just proves my point. dhoni is michael bevan on steroids. bevan could have matched dhoni in the partnership building, but that acceleration at the end - targeting swann, the seamers, smacking them around at will and powering india up to 270 when even 250 looked a stretch - is something he wasn't capable of doing. no comparison. greatest middle order bat ever in ODIs.

:facepalm: Dhoni is a master of ODI cricket and specially a master at how to build an ODI innings.Many players can learn from him on how to be a good ODI batsman ,by just looking at the way he goes about his business in ODI cricket. As far as comparison with Bevan is concerned,Dhoni is better just because he has that power hitting ability which Bevan never had.And I dont buy this arguement of Bevan facing better bowlers etc,it wasnt Dhoni's fault that Bevan faced better bowlers.And mind you,I dont think Steyn,Malinga,Lee,Murali,Afridi,Ajmal etc are any lesser bowlers in ODI cricket.Add to that he is a wicket keeper as well,which makes his special record in the chases even more special. And when it comes to finishing the matches with tail ,its just the same arguement which Pakoris use to prove Inzi is better than Sach :hehe:.Its no surprise that its been used by a regular green ghettoer Andrew Peters aka Rajan,stay there and defend your God,youre good at that :finger: And @hiha,Dhoni averages 69 in Aus tracks and 92 in NZ tracks ,so dont know WTF are you talking about.If you're talking about SA,he failed there only on this tour ,on the last tour he was our highest scorer.Anyways you can keep having orgasms about Saurav Ganguly :two_thumbs_up: Finally,the batsman who does this ,is automatically the best finisher,baaki sab gaye tel lene :finger: 2f5CqV-S0R8 :cool:
Once again I would say,better than Bevan,peroid.

Dhoni has the extra gear , hitting big , outlandish strokes, Bevan was very good at rotating strike, was successfull everywhere, he wasn't that good batting first as he kinda played for being not out, rather then getting more runs. Dhoni's batting is not based on strong technique, he thrives at home, but on seaming and bouncy tracks he doesn't look that good,he seems to re invent his batting a bit lately so we will see how he goes.

Bevan is miles ahead of Dhoni when it comes to facing deadly pace. He faced much better bowlers in his time. Dhoni is better against spin though and a better hitter than bevan. But Bevan was better as a complete batsman. Average- 70 against WI till Walsh and Ambrose were playing. 57 against Pakistan while Waqar , Wasim and Akhtar were together.Overall 45 against South Africa.
Totally agreed ! :hatsoff:
today's innings just proves my point. dhoni is michael bevan on steroids. bevan could have matched dhoni in the partnership building, but that acceleration at the end - targeting swann, the seamers, smacking them around at will and powering india up to 270 when even 250 looked a stretch - is something he wasn't capable of doing. no comparison. greatest middle order bat ever in ODIs.
exactlyB->
agreed.... bevan>hussey>> dhoni dhoni was next 2 crap in odi`s in saf,**** in tests in england,saf nd wi....... was flop in wc except d finals :giggle:
Yes apparently Bevan set Test cricket alight!, and how about spending a few seconds looking at Bevan's crap record in SL and New Zealand. It works both ways.