Dhoni vs Bevan

J P K

Dhoni vs Bevan  

1. 1.

naah' date=' not saying sachin isn't a match winner, he is. just saying dhoni is a better...comfortably better match winner.[/quote'] Based on what? On other players giving him support which Sachin never had in his prime or because Dhoni has the luxury to come late and hit the winning runs?
^ Dhoni has more notouts than SRT in less than half as many ODIs played. So, Dhoni is more difficult to get out. Therefore he is technically better than SRT.
:D. But seriously, If had to pick 1 player for india's ODI side between dhoni n sachin, it would be dhoni easily. His power hitting, ability to win matches from tough situations, never giving it away, ability to instill confidence in batsmen batting alongside him, running between the wickets, ability to analyze match situation (such as knowing when to attack n when to defend) add to this the wk-keeping n captaincy burdens make him a far more valuable asset than sachin imo. btw I have followed most of sachin's career as well.
:D. But seriously, If had to pick 1 player for india's ODI side between dhoni n sachin, it would be dhoni easily. His power hitting, ability to win matches from tough situations, never giving it away, ability to instill confidence in batsmen batting alongside him, running between the wickets, ability to analyze match situation (such as knowing when to attack n when to defend) add to this the wk-keeping n captaincy burdens make him a far more valuable asset than sachin imo. btw I have followed most of sachin's career as well.
Tendulkar has done all that far more number of times than Dhoni has in his long career that too against superior bowling line-ups and pitches that were tough to bat on . Let Dhoni continue doing the same for next 15-16 years and then maybe he can surpass Sachin in terms of performance .

Dhoni is simply the best Indian finisher ever and i guess he has won more number of games for India in ODI's than anyone else ever has... and thus yes he is one of the best though i would still want to let the debate rest till Dhoni is able to do it against all opposition at all venues... i mean most of the finishes by Dhoni i remember have been in sub-continental conditions and very few if any would have come overseas.... plus moreover even in the SC these innings reduces wen we play against the Ausssies or the Saffers... and so arguing Dhoni is better or even comparable to Bevan is ridiculous.... Bevan is one of the best ODI batter ever to have played the game and not a soul in the world can challenge that... he did against every team he played both home and away and kept doing that again and again.... and about him not being able to hit big sixes\... he just didnt need to he had that midas touch and placements that he never let the run-rate get out of hand and so never needed to go for the slam baam.... ALL HAIL BEVAN

and so arguing Dhoni is better or even comparable to Bevan is ridiculous....
For simple fact arguing Dhoni is better than Bevan seems unpalatable for a few, to be honest Dhoni's already surpassed Bevan is terms of better ODI batsman, Bevan played in the days chasing 230 as challenge, Dhoni and co play in era where chasing 300 plus is considered norm, it's pressure from ball 1. Bottom line, Bevan doesn't have the game to chase big scores.
For simple fact arguing Dhoni is better than Bevan seems unpalatable for a few' date=' to be honest Dhoni's already surpassed Bevan is terms of better ODI batsman, Bevan played in the days chasing 230 as challenge, Dhoni and co play in era where chasing 300 plus is considered norm, it's pressure from ball 1. Bottom line, Bevan doesn't have the game to chase big scores.[/quote'] It could also be said that scoring patterns are vastly different these days.
i guess that would be a mad comparision to say SRT doesnt have so many NotOut's as Dhoni has as SRT bats at top of the order and DhONI bats way down at 5 or 6
top order batsmen have advantage that they can take their time, build long innings and hence build their averages. finishers have advantage that they can have a few more not outs to build their averages. both top order players or finishers could have high averages - amla(55!), trott, dhoni, bevan, hussey, abbas, richards: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=1500;qualval1=runs;template=results;type=batting