Rahul Dravid's interview : for all those who have criticised him!

Chandan

sanjay bangar' date=' dinesh mongia, mohd kaif, ashis nehra, lakshmipathy balaji, ss das, deep dasgupta [who is from Delhi, doesn't know bengali, and was forced upon SG who wanted Rathore instead'], murali karthik, akash chopra... the list goes on and on... in fact, when he insisted on sending bhajji to australia to get his action cleader, and then stood firm about playing him instead of sarandeep singh [the ranji highest wkt taker], bhajji had already got his canada visa and packed his bags to drive trucks in canuckland. when he insisted on including srinath in 2003 WC, he had already declared his retirement, for which SG had to plead to him to make him play... your pityful envy shines through. because its the job of a captain... which is RD at the present. because he was asked not to interfere by RD when he went to instruct Santh in SA. because if he as much deviates an inch from the script handed to him by the BCCI, he will be axed... as has happened in the recent past. because india doesn't deserve his services. answered above. hnaa.. azhar ke samay ko bhul gaya kya? sachin ke samay ko? sala SG na hota to yeh pathan, bhajji, sehwag, dhoni kahan se aata re bachchhu? aaah... then why not bring back azhar, jaddu, prabhakar and mongia and let the good times roll... again... bring back the whole dodda ganesh brigade... i'm not talking about the dhoni's of today. i'm talking of a. those players like bangar who get to play max 1-2 tests orodis and then get eliminated due to natural selection... its those fringe players, who when play out of their skins... make the team perform in times of duress... and make it stand out... b. talented they may have been, but they needed backing... say sehwag and yuvi... ppl who were given the long rope when ppl cribbed about so called better ranji performers... and look at where yuvi and sehwag are now, and what they have achieved for india...
Where are these so call your players. They were all flash in the pan. There were many unsuccessful ones also who could do much under him. sanjay bangar, dinesh mongia, mohd kaif, ashis nehra, lakshmipathy balaji, ss das, deep dasgupta.. I will add more Sehwag, Pathan?? What happened to them. Look all of them are crap players. Not at all international, and Sehwag, Pathan really need someones help. So ask him to help them get back in form. (so that we see them play OUR OF THEIR SKIN few more time.. tab taq ke liye:mama: That is BS... no body is going to AXE anyone w/o a reason. So SG gave good moral support to his mates... I agree. But he made them play out of their skin, utten nonsense. And how do you know that RD asked him not to interfere. He can always go to Delhi and Baroda to help these two guys. If he could do something to really motivate them and bring them back and ask them to play out of their skin (funniest phrase I have ever heard), then I will buy all the crap that you are saying... I am just denying things that people are making look where there are none. Now I will say SG was a better captain than RD in many ways. But we also have lost many close games under him. So it all balanced out. The results show what he was worth. I like SG for what he is. But he is made look something else and I disagree with those. I am done with this discussion.
I had said it on some other thread and I'll say it here: Why can't we all be Indian cricket fans instead of being a Sachin fan, Dravid fan or Ganguly fan?? Why can't we trust the intelligence and knowledge and hence the decisions taken by our players who have served for the country for such a long time? They have sacrificed their 'jawani' for the game! Why can't we appreciate that and have faith in them? Always remember one thing: our cricket is surviving because of these players' enthusiasm and will to do good, rather than a system helping them out to achieve these!! Have respect for that and trust them!
Chandan.....you have openrd my eyes.....:D Although I don't hate anyone(Gambo and Anakin may beg to differ:P)...I have decided to not bash anyone(except the Pakistanis).Infact I have decided not to hero worship anyone either as I have realised that very often people become anti-someone when they see people worshipping him all the time ... As you must have noticed.....this time, I have been extremely balanced in my posts about Dravid.I have criticised him for the follow on decision and for his slow batting. I have restarted liking Ganguly ....and I have not written anything anti -Tendulkar for a long time.
Chandan.....you have openrd my eyes.....:D Although I don't hate anyone(Gambo and Anakin may beg to differ:P)...I have decided to not bash anyone(except the Pakistanis).Infact I have decided not to hero worship anyone either as I have realised that very often people become anti-someone when they see people worshipping him all the time ... As you must have noticed.....this time, I have been extremely balanced in my posts about Dravid.I have criticised him for the follow on decision and for his slow batting. I have restarted liking Ganguly ....and I have not written anything anti -Tendulkar for a long time.
Well done Radhika. If you ask me, I like all the Indian players. But I can criticise them if they play badly and defend them if I see that the attack on them is unfair!! Let us be together in this then!!:wtg:
Well done Radhika. If you ask me, I like all the Indian players. But I can criticise them if they play badly and defend them if I see that the attack on them is unfair!! Let us be together in this then!!:wtg:
I will try chandan....being too good makes me sick sometimes.....:confused_smile::D

Ok coming back to the thread.. I just ended up witha bad taste in my mouth that India didnt come up with an emphatic win.. It was almost as if we gave the draw to england and they didnt earn it.. I know the series win means the world.. but why not do it style..

I have nothing against Dravid and I think he's a done a decent job so far.. The two away victries have been great but he WC debacle was a tragedy.. so on the whole I think he still has some way to go.. the aussie series will be a testing point.. lets see how he handles the pressure then

Where are these so call your players. They were all flash in the pan. There were many unsuccessful ones also who could do much under him.
Do you want a cricketing debate, based on logic, or a wild rant? Moreover, do you understand English? I said: those players like bangar who get to play max 1-2 tests odis and then get eliminated due to natural selection... its those fringe players, who when play out of their skins... make the team perform in times of duress... and make it stand out...
sanjay bangar, dinesh mongia, mohd kaif, ashis nehra, lakshmipathy balaji, ss das, deep dasgupta.. I will add more Sehwag, Pathan?? What happened to them. Look all of them are crap players. Not at all international, and Sehwag, Pathan really need someones help. So ask him to help them get back in form. (so that we see them play OUR OF THEIR SKIN few more time.. tab taq ke liye
just tell me that you are a duffer. you don't need to rant so much.

FB launching personal attacks against dial_100 such as "Do you understand English" and calling him duffer etc. Haha, As though personal attacks against forum members are going to help him taint Dravid. He is just hoping that India loses and does badly so that he can continue to bash RD even more. The sole aim of his "appearance" of being an "Indian" cricket fan. What can you say of such parochial people? "Indian fan" - yeah right.

Do you want a cricketing debate' date= based on logic, or a wild rant? Moreover, do you understand English? I said: those players like bangar who get to play max 1-2 tests odis and then get eliminated due to natural selection... its those fringe players, who when play out of their skins... make the team perform in times of duress... and make it stand out... just tell me that you are a duffer. you don't need to rant so much.
Aaa gaya aukaat pe apni.. Chal tera dosh nahi.. and better mind your language. I have seen Rajesh Chauhan hitting a six and winning an ODI match in Pak. I think he played out of his SKIN. And there are many such examples where players (Of course not under SG) have delivered in one or two odd games. and As per your definition they all played out of their SKIN. I can give you a long list. None of them played under SG. My point is you can only do so much with motivation, its not easy to sustain in the international arena. Difference is there to see, Kaif and Yuvi. See the difference for yourself. If SG backed both of them why Yuvi is in the team. They got plenty of chances. Kaif couldnot perform consistently. avg of 30 is what you have got to show what SG got outta Kaif. right?? . NO wrong. There is nothing that he could have done differently to improve upon his avg. I am not denying that SG didn't try enough for Kaif to play OUT OF HIS SKIN (hate to use this stupid phrase) everytime but still he manages avg of 30 in over 100 matches. Thats my point. So if he couldn't make Kaif any better than what he was, how could he have made Yuvraj and Sehwag better than what they were worth? So now only talk about this point... How?? If I were Sehwag or Yuvi, I would have drowned in a Chullu bhar pani for not getting a credit for what I deserve. Ramakant Achrekar wont get a 10th of credit for SRT than what you are trying to give SG for these players? FYI: Max 1-2 Tests/ODIs?? Bangar 15 ODIs/12 Tests, now I would say, if we play Ghadhe ka pilla who can also perform once in a while. But he was thrown out because that is what he deserved. Well, I can understand SG's dilemma of not having enough talented players at his disposal but those he had, were in the best forms as rightly said by few. We can discuss this later.. Lets talk about the point above first..