Shame On You Bcci

Let's assume the PCB goes bankrupt with the Indian cricket boycott. Do you seriously believe that because the PCB has gone bankrupt' date=' ISI will shut down it's anti India terrorist camps, round up Dawood and Hafeez and send them to India on Samjhauta Express so PCB can make some money and the people of Pakistan can enjoy a cricket match?[/quote'] Nobody can see the future and tell for sure what might happen. But I do know that cricket is the best way to put pressure on Pakis. You always use something which the other entity cares about as a leverage/bargaining chip or as a means of putting pressure. Let's face it, other than cricket what does pakistan really care about? They are a failed state and only have cricket to look forward to. Once they really understand that they are the black sheep of cricketing world you will see more Pakis putting pressure on their govt to get the cricketing ties going. This is at least worth a try and we should pursue this option as I don't see a better way of putting pressure on Pakis. A trade embargo or anythin esle won't matter as Pakistan is a failed state surviving on charity (read loans from IMF/US/China etc.) and nothing will hurt them more than cricket. Secondly, we can't be seen as people who bend over everytime and don't have the will to take a hard stand. As one of my earlier posts mentioned would Israel have done the same thing in such a situation? I think we both know what the answer to that question is and you can see why Israel is regarded so differently compared to India. We have to make a start somewhere and continuing to take a tough stand on Indo-Pak cricket is at least a start. Otherwise we come out looking like fools as people will ask if we had to renege what was the point of the embargo in the first place?
Some of you are such drama queens . if we had to take a stand it had to be the WC semis (not in favor of it ) , but I guess the WC win was far too imp than lives lost in Mumbai attacks ... how conveniently some of you bcom patriotic lol
Our position was that we won't have bi-lateral ties with Pakis and will only play them if we meet them in a world tourney. Don't see how that's not consistent with what people have been saying all along.
Thank god idiots like u were not running this country' date='u would have declared war against Pakistan and then what remember one thing we are developing at more pace then them ,u r decision would have led this country on verge of nuclear war ,yes Indian people did recruited Pakistani singers actors and musicians ,what do you think this film industry and directors are from honalulu,I know my lessons very well it's dumbos like u who are filled with blind hatred who are problem,if u had such problem with them why not boycott everything,u guys listen to songs of rahat,atif etc,and if u had such a problem with them playing why didn't u opposed akram in ipl,as far as national security is concerned it's not pak cricket that attacked u,it was some ba*****s who did this ,nobody has laid back attitude,ego's leads to nowhere and if u where so concerned about playing against Pakistan why did we play them and allow them playing in mohali s.f ,I agree that we should send them strong message regarding terrorism.[/quote'] Yes thats what you want developing pace but not stringent action against terrorism I repeat its not INDIAN PEOPLE its Yash Chopra Preetam etc who recruited singers actors from Pak and no Rahat and Atif arent my fav singers neither i listen to them blind hatred you meant lets get attacked by them and invite them same time. Mohali semi final no one thought Pak was coming and it was ICC TOURNAMENT not a bilateral tour fools like you know jack about patriotism who grew up on pizzas burgers and nusrat fateh ali khan music agar itna pyaar hai pakistan se why dont you there and live there. BCCI are just like you who doesnt give two hoots about attacks i feel sorry for Mumbai victim families who dont have say in this whole issue. I m ready to boycott all ties with Pak until they bring terrorists out but can people like MMS BCCI and you can agree to that rule.
what I meant was if you stop diplomatic ties then stopping cricket would make sense but stopping just cricket won't achieve anything.
agree... still stopping cricket makes bit of sense thats what connects/relates people more than politics...
Nobody can see the future and tell for sure what might happen. But I do know that cricket is the best way to put pressure on Pakis. You always use something which the other entity cares about as a leverage/bargaining chip or as a means of putting pressure. Let's face it, other than cricket what does pakistan really care about? They are a failed state and only have cricket to look forward to. Once they really understand that they are the black sheep of cricketing world you will see more Pakis putting pressure on their govt to get the cricketing ties going. This is at least worth a try and we should pursue this option as I don't see a better way of putting pressure on Pakis.
That has no grounding in reality. I mean, how can you even begin to imagine that Pakistan people will start putting pressure on ISI to stop terrorist camps and handover terrorists to India because they want to watch cricket between India and Pakistan. And if that's not far fetched enough to think that ISI will happily round up terrorist activities against India, so that the awaam of Pakistan is not deprived of cricket with India for much longer is challenging fantasy as well.
A trade embargo or anythin esle won't matter as Pakistan is a failed state surviving on charity (read loans from IMF/US/China etc.) and nothing will hurt them more than cricket. Secondly, we can't be seen as people who bend over everytime and don't have the will to take a hard stand. As one of my earlier posts mentioned would Israel have done the same thing in such a situation? I think we both know what the answer to that question is and you can see why Israel is regarded so differently compared to India. We have to make a start somewhere and continuing to take a tough stand on Indo-Pak cricket is at least a start. Otherwise we come out looking like fools as people will ask if we had to renege what was the point of the embargo in the first place?
Trade embargo won't matter, diplomatic ties won't matter, but cricket ties will do the trick? Seriously? By the way, there was never an official declaration of bilateral cricketing ties being cut off. The tour to Pakistan was called off because no one was touring there and the official line for no cricket in India has been of cramped schedules and uncertain political environment. There has been no official boycott line either from the BCCI or from the government.
what I meant was if you stop diplomatic ties then stopping cricket would make sense but stopping just cricket won't achieve anything.
Won't achieve anything, agree. However security should be tight. There's been instances of ISI using these events to put systems in place for future attacks...
Seeing the way Gujrat has progressed over the last few years under him I suspect you are not givin him enough credit.
U_G - I don't want to bring a political discussion here but it's important to put the Gujarat discussion into context. Don't believe everything you see, don't agree to everything to hear.

I fully expect those who are spitting vitriol from their rear end that come December they would shut-off their TV, disconnect Internet and only watch Discovery Channel. In other words not catch a moment of this series. Maybe they will also wrap themselves in a tiranga and read poetry of Dinkar and Bismil.

Won't achieve anything' date=' agree. [b']However security should be tight. There's been instances of ISI using these events to put systems in place for future attacks...
for that our intelligence agencies would actually have to do some work - something they are not accustomed to doing.
I fully expect those who are spitting vitriol from their rear end that come December they would shut-off their TV, disconnect Internet and only watch Discovery Channel. In other words not catch a moment of this series. Maybe they will also wrap themselves in a tiranga and read poetry of Dinkar and Bismil.
:--D Hit the nail on the head, as usual.
for that our intelligence agencies would actually have to do some work - something they are not accustomed to doing.
what can they do when politicians use intelligence agencies to spy on opponents and to collect data about poll prospects in states.
That has no grounding in reality. I mean, how can you even begin to imagine that Pakistan people will start putting pressure on ISI to stop terrorist camps and handover terrorists to India because they want to watch cricket between India and Pakistan. And if that's not far fetched enough to think that ISI will happily round up terrorist activities against India, so that the awaam of Pakistan is not deprived of cricket with India for much longer is challenging fantasy as well. Trade embargo won't matter, diplomatic ties won't matter, but cricket ties will do the trick? Seriously? By the way, there was never an official declaration of bilateral cricketing ties being cut off. The tour to Pakistan was called off because no one was touring there and the official line for no cricket in India has been of cramped schedules and uncertain political environment. There has been no official boycott line either from the BCCI or from the government.
How will trade embargo and diplomatic ties matter to Pakis when they already get the handouts from US & China? I mean US and China have a far greater clout and trade embargo and diplomatic ties with India won't achieve anything? As I said the best bet has to be cricket coz other than cricket Pakis generally beg/borrow from US or China.