Shilpa to be the next Bond girl

Feed

The actress, who is currently preparing for her first Broadway play to be staged in United Kingdom, has been approached to play the next Bond girl. More... Shilpa to be the next Bond girl? 16 Aug 2007, 0126 hrs ISTspacer.gif,spacer.gifBharati Dubeyspacer.gif,spacer.gifTNN MUMBAI: Celebrity Big Brother has definitely lifted the star status of actress Shilpa Shetty. The actress, who is currently preparing for her first Broadway play to be staged in United Kingdom, has been approached to play the next Bond girl. Though the actress refused to comment on it, sources close to Shetty confirmed saying, she has been approached and has been talking to them for a while. Shetty has been spending more time in UK than in India negotiating and meeting producers from the West. It is learnt that there is quite a possibility of the actress fitting into the role as the current Bond too is a Britisher and Shetty has a huge following in UK which gives her an edge over other contenders for the role of the leading lady in Bond 23. Shetty has done some action films in Bollywood and has a perfect body to play a Bond girl, said an industry source. The pre-production of the new Bond film has begun and the film is likely to go on floor after the completion of Bond 22, which is currently on.

oh god, Aish was supposed to be one too.. The bond and Indian relation has been going since years Do ya know Aditya Pancholi was tipped to be next bond But the only desi I know is Kabir bedi who has ever been in a bond film If u ask me seriously, a younger sushmita would make a good bond woman

oh god, Aish was supposed to be one too.. The bond and Indian relation has been going since years Do ya know Aditya Pancholi was tipped to be next bond But the only desi I know is Kabir bedi who has ever been in a bond film If u ask me seriously, a younger sushmita would make a good bond woman
vijay amritraj was also in octo*****... infact, he was bond's right hand man till his chest was opened up with a sharped edged circular blade...

how the fook can any Indian actor be considered for Bond ? Bond's always had a really polished british accent and a British pace to talking- Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan, Roger Moore, etc. Our dudes have a very 'desi' accent and seriously that wouldn't sit well with Bondy image/feel. Something about ' shaken, not stirred' in desi accent while everyone around is speaking firingi english just doesnt sit very well.

Guest dada_rocks

Watch out for the upcoming amitabh movie where he floors even british with his shakesperean baritone ( in words of Zinta an eye-witness on the set).. For good actors accent is not a handicap.