Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

shou.d be dropped from odis but he is totally diff from sami problem with this guy is he lacks accuracy but he atleast has bit of vision of abt how to take wicketsi n tests sami was clueless ishant is morel ike sami imho
We are just cr@p at bowling and there's no two ways about it. No matter whom you pick we will go for runs and that's why we may as well pick Pathan, Ashwin, Rahul Sharma and any pacer for the 4th spot (Dinda/Awana/Koomars etc.) At least we will score heavily and our part-timers can't be worse than Umesh.
We are just cr@p at bowling and there's no two ways about it. No matter whom you pick we will go for runs and that's why we may as well pick Pathan' date=' Ashwin, Rahul Sharma and any pacer for the 4th spot (Dinda/Awana/Koomars etc.) At least we will score heavily and our part-timers can't be worse than Umesh.[/quote'] we need to understand that there is no short cut we wont find test ready bowlers from out system ..we gotta develop them now awana will go for runs then we will drop him same thing iwl happen with sahmi.. similar thing happened with dinda before every country has this problem they jsut develop bowlers better even steyn was awful in odis at start im not making excuses im saying instead of blaming bowler and dropping him then forgetting abt his existence we should do something to develop him its not magic and if we open our eyes we will see batsmen are having similar problems rainia,rohit,tiwary,gautam(to some extent) yusuf pathan none of them developed to next level why ?
we need guys like him too improve... why cant we learn from south africa or england ? look at how they manage there bowlers its time people understand tht no one is gonna find bowler who bowls like steyn from our domestic system hell even steyn gradually became bowler he s today so if yadav is dropped now (which is justified ) what next ? will he be forgotten and jsut sent to ranji sides and asked to improve on his own ? i cant see how this will help him..it has never helped any bowler...it works in england we see bowlers with potential being dropped people like finn constantly improving but for some reason in inida its two steps forward then one back :sad:
Bowlers will not develop by getting hammered in international cricket. They are going to develop through good academies, A tours, county cricket, and a constant monitoring of their routines and techniques when they are not playing international cricket. International bowling coaches can help in formulating plans and advising on some basics but with the current workload involved in cricket international bowling coaches will never have the time or the environment to experiment and work with a bowler on a long term basis. And till we can get such a system in place, which is unlikely to happen in my lifetime, the only development an Indian fast bowler would realistically be able to do is to get a lot of overs under his belt in county and domestic cricket. Kapil, Srinath, Zaheer all became good by bowling and bowling more. Zaheer is the most relevant example when he himself talks about how bowling lots of overs in low pressure situations helped him understand his game more and experiment till he got things right. Stakes at the international level are too high and the pressure too much to allow for a dramatic improvement in a bowler. Playing Yadav continuously just based on promise and pace is going to turn him into an Ishant Sharma pretty soon - losing the plot completely about setting up batsmen and achieving consistency because he would be putting too much pressure on himself after continuous failures in the limelight to think and act rationally in order rectify his faults.
we need to understand that there is no short cut we wont find test ready bowlers from out system ..we gotta develop them now awana will go for runs then we will drop him same thing iwl happen with sahmi.. similar thing happened with dinda before every country has this problem they jsut develop bowlers better even steyn was awful in odis at start im not making excuses im saying instead of blaming bowler and dropping him then forgetting abt his existence we should do something to develop him its not magic and if we open our eyes we will see batsmen are having similar problems rainia,rohit,tiwary,gautam(to some extent) yusuf pathan none of them developed to next level why ?
I don't think it's fair to say every country has the same problem. SA found Philander & De Lange. England has Finn & Tremlett on the fringes. Aus found pattinson and look how he did against us :sad: We are not expecting a world beater from day 1 but is it too much to expect for an intl bowler to simply bowl straight or to bowl line & length? When I see Yadav bowling I pull my hair out in frustration as the guy can't even bowl 2 balls in the same spot. I feel for our batsmen that they have to score against other bowlers and then watch helplessly our trundlers bowl at the opponents.
I don't think it's fair to say every country has the same problem. SA found Philander & De Lange. England has Finn & Tremlett on the fringes. Aus found pattinson and look how he did against us :sad: We are not expecting a world beater from day 1 but is it too much to expect for an intl bowler to simply bowl straight or to bowl line & length? When I see Yadav bowling I pull my hair out in frustration as the guy can't even bowl 2 balls in the same spot. I feel for our batsmen that they have to score against other bowlers and then watch helplessly our trundlers bowl at the opponents.
u didnt get me... finn was like yadav when he came on see his development pattinson even before made debut perfected his length in sri lanka with bowling coach de lange is jsut like yadav right now i have seen him bowl but dnald was already taking abt finding his natural length philander is different see his age...he is not really a rookie now u see wht im saying ? bowlers are not world class from start u have to develop them into chamption bowlers another example morne morkel see his gradual improvement at start of careers ishant was twice the bowler morne was at his start :winky:

guys its just one game...its ok..we ahve been beating Sl for a long time, they are a good team and will win some. It does not matter, india will some games too...chill guys...give credit to SL and have fun...Yadav was bad but he will improve, he has potential.

the good fast bowling countries like Aus,SA,WI,NZ often speak about bowling fast first and then working on accuracy throughout. There might be some truth in that, we have to wait and see how Yadav goes and not bring out the knives on him.
Bowlers will not develop by getting hammered in international cricket. They are going to develop through good academies, A tours, county cricket, and a constant monitoring of their routines and techniques when they are not playing international cricket. International bowling coaches can help in formulating plans and advising on some basics but with the current workload involved in cricket international bowling coaches will never have the time or the environment to experiment and work with a bowler on a long term basis. And till we can get such a system in place, which is unlikely to happen in my lifetime, the only development an Indian fast bowler would realistically be able to do is to get a lot of overs under his belt in county and domestic cricket. Kapil, Srinath, Zaheer all became good by bowling and bowling more. Zaheer is the most relevant example when he himself talks about how bowling lots of overs in low pressure situations helped him understand his game more and experiment till he got things right. Stakes at the international level are too high and the pressure too much to allow for a dramatic improvement in a bowler. Playing Yadav continuously just based on promise and pace is going to turn him into an Ishant Sharma pretty soon - losing the plot completely about setting up batsmen and achieving consistency because he would be putting too much pressure on himself after continuous failures in the limelight to think and act rationally in order rectify his faults.
how would they make him go back to the end of the line when they need him in tests..
u didnt get me... finn was like yadav when he came on see his development pattinson even before made debut perfected his length in sri lanka with bowling coach de lange is jsut like yadav right now i have seen him bowl but dnald was already taking abt finding his natural length philander is different see his age...he is not really a rookie now u see wht im saying ? bowlers are not world class from start u have to develop them into chamption bowlers another example morne morkel see his gradual improvement at start of careers ishant was twice the bowler morne was at his start :winky:
But when is this so called "development" going to happen? I don't think any of the bowlers you mentioned were as clueless as Umesh is looking right now.
the good fast bowling countries like Aus' date='SA,WI,NZ often speak about bowling fast first and then working on accuracy throughout. There might be some truth in that, we have to wait and see how Yadav goes and not bring out the knives on him.[/quote'] Coz for them lack of accuracy means bowling 4-5 balls in one spot and just 1-2 balls off target. They didn't mean that you could bowl 5 cr@p balls an over and just 1 good ball on target :facepalm: They would have looked at Yadav, laughed at him and sent him back to FC or club cricket for improvement.
how would they make him go back to the end of the line when they need him in tests..
Tests are played for a few months in the year. Over the next year India is playing 10 tests which would take up 4 months or so. That leaves enough time for Yadav and the BCCI to work on his development, rectify his faults, and improve him as a bowler. Anyhow, out of the two Yadav and Ishant only one is going to be playing most of the tests since they are all at home so they can easily be released during the matches to play domestic cricket or spend time at the NCA, if it was actually functioning and improving our cricketers.
agree totally agreee thts wht im saying sorry didnt read ur post before cos of better system the bowlers form countries like south africa develop while we keep whining abt tundlers and selections and yes its gonna change quickly...worst part is bcci is not really motivating players to go play in county its like they are against it :cantstop:

hmm many things said above make a lot of sense, i am wondering ifwe are saying all this because our batsmen made 138 in a easy 240 pitch and the srilankans as always beat the crap out a dead snake like only they can.. The match became a crazy cross between test for India and t20 for SL..

it's all about confidence if yadav had a captain like imran khan who would make him bowl faster even if he is getting hammered and won't give him 1-2 over spells like dhoni a defensive captain. another reason why pak have no good fast bowlers under misbah who is a defensive captain.

it's all about confidence if yadav had a captain like imran khan who would make him bowl faster even if he is getting hammered and won't give him 1-2 over spells like dhoni a defensive captain. another reason why pak have no good fast bowlers under misbah who is a defensive captain.
Imran also worked hard with bowlers like Akram and Waqar before he asked them to bowl as fast as they could and did not mind them getting hit. But Imran was a huge perfectionist for practice and correcting faults before entering the cricket field. Imran, himself learned it the hard way when for the first few years of his career he was an ordinary bowler before he put in enormous effort and practice to become the bowler he was. The physical conditioning he went through after being out of cricket due to a shin injury for more than a year was hours and hours of practice and hard work. Point is the effort to become a great bowler has to be done away from the field in a systematic manner. Once that effort has been done, there will be days when you still might get hammered but at least there is an awareness and knowledge about your game to work on it on the sidelines and come back strong in the next outing.
gul are junaid 120k trundlers umesh is quicker than sami malinga if u want proof u should start watching cricket
You better stick to your own advice.:finger: Gul and Junaid were close to 145k at top of their speeds. The "quicker" spells were in high 130s. Sami was in low 140s in his quicker spells. Still I haven't seen ANY proof that Inidan bowlers are CONSISTENTLY quicker than Paki ones.
lol maybe u didnt saw de lange bowl or morne morkel at start
but we all know how Shane bond bowled in begining , How Brett lee bowled in begining , how Akthar bowled in begining
but we all know how Shane bond bowled in begining ' date=' How Brett lee bowled in begining , how Akthar bowled in begining[/quote'] i was giving example of current world class bowlers :winky: and how they became world class not saying yadav should play next match or he will improve jsut showing big flaw in our system none of player developed not even batsmen