Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

its not "styen and sami" its "styen or sami" notice the "or", there is an "or" between then. which mean he can either be styen or sami depending upon his future performance not both. now was that hard?? i can explain again if you want. i like working with specially able children in my free time.
looks like u became like them [no offence to children though] first of all you dont even know why i wrote initial post :giggle:
The point is you might have hazaar great stock deliveries and not a wicket taking one' date=' international class batsmen are going to make you impotent, which is what happened to Ishant and I can see happening to Umesh.[/quote'] Your stock ball is important as its your go to ball under pressure or to build pressure ,if you lose your stock ball you are going to face problems like ishant has.Umesh is diff he just has too much ability he can bowl the inswinger and outswinger but does not know when to ,its likeof zak and bowling coach to work on him.
The point is you might have hazaar great stock deliveries and not a wicket taking one' date=' international class batsmen are going to make you impotent, which is what happened to Ishant and I can see happening to Umesh.[/quote'] bhai there cant be hazar stock ball...there can be hazar variations but only one stock ball
Weren't you arguing the other day that domestic records are irrelevant for phhhassst bowlers? :hmmm:
I didnt say that they are irrelevant. I said they do not make sure that bowler will perform at the international level too if he has great FC stats. They are only relevant to a point especially in India. I dont talk about England, Australia, or SA because their structure is very good. They produce better pitches and their FC quality is overall better. But for Indian FC, it is not the best approach. For us, we need to have mixed approach. Stats in FC is good, but we also need to have an eye for talent even if some one does not have a great FC record because maybe that guys was lacking right guidance and can do better if guided well.

Ishant Sharma in 2008 Border Gavaskar Trophy Perth Test: Fastest ball = 142 kph, average speed = 135 kph. Quality of bowling = Superb, amazing line and length and superb late inswing. Troubled Ponting at his peak form. Ishant Sharma in 2011-12 series: Fastest ball = 153 kph, average speed = 146 kph. Quality of bowling = A good spell in Melbourne in 2nd innings, the rest was trash.....

^ but there are more video's u can find in you tube about what will happen when Ishanth dont get it right.. i guess everyone becoming a DTW now a days :giggle:

The problem is in Test matches you can go two ways [1] Extra ordinary skill Think like a Dale Steyn, Shane Warne - these bowlers are the guys who can make things happen. They can work even on pitches where there isn't much of the surface. [2] Patience Think like a McGrath nagging away at a line or length till you wait for the batsman to make that error. Ishant comes under [2] and he loses his "patience" more often than not.

The problem is in Test matches you can go two ways [1] Extra ordinary skill Think like a Dale Steyn, Shane Warne - these bowlers are the guys who can make things happen. They can work even on pitches where there isn't much of the surface. [2] Patience Think like a McGrath nagging away at a line or length till you wait for the batsman to make that error. Ishant comes under [2] and he loses his "patience" more often than not.
yeah we saw what happened in dubai.you need combination of both not one or other to tell mcgrath has no extra ordinary skill is funny.
yeah we saw what happened in dubai.you need combination of both not one or other to tell mcgrath has no extra ordinary skill is funny.
If you have both, you are one the greatest in the world. Also, if you were following Dubai it's not England's bowlers but the batsmen who failed repeatedly. Ishant doesn't have any magic in him. He is a work horse a la Courtney Walsh. He needs to play the patient game. His action doesn't allow him to swing the ball away but just hold the line. It almost completely negates the LBW.
I didnt say that they are irrelevant. I said they do not make sure that bowler will perform at the international level too if he has great FC stats. They are only relevant to a point especially in India. I dont talk about England' date= Australia, or SA because their structure is very good. They produce better pitches and their FC quality is overall better. But for Indian FC, it is not the best approach. For us, we need to have mixed approach. Stats in FC is good, but we also need to have an eye for talent even if some one does not have a great FC record because maybe that guys was lacking right guidance and can do better if guided well.
But no one said that it does. A good domestic record is a prerequisite with very few exceptions. A selector then makes a call on who can make the step up to international cricket. It's not a case of just picking the players with the best domestic records. It helps to have a look at records in different formats as well.
If you have both, you are one the greatest in the world. Also, if you were following Dubai it's not England's bowlers but the batsmen who failed repeatedly. Ishant doesn't have any magic in him. He is a work horse a la Courtney Walsh. He needs to play the patient game. His action doesn't allow him to swing the ball away but just hold the line. It almost completely negates the LBW.
I meant steyn performance in dubai on flat tracks where morkel outperformed him. Ishant does have magic ,You do not need to swing the ball away to be a great bowler.when he came he had a great inswinger combined with bounce and pace it was deadly and made the ball which holds it line deadly.Also ishant is more of a seam bowler and seam bowling is a more difficult art to master than swing and is far more deadly even on sc tracks.