Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

Thank Dawes for that. Went hard on him after the 1st innings :cantstop:
yes he was trying to tell umesh something but it looked like umesh did not understand hat he was talking.
well he did understood something..had he bowledi n first innings like he did in 2nd he could ve easily gotten 2-3 wickets along with zaheer atleast this coach is working.. and i read somewhere tht he helped awana improve his run up ? seems to know how to work with young bowlers
well he did understood something..had he bowledi n first innings like he did in 2nd he could ve easily gotten 2-3 wickets along with zaheer atleast this coach is working.. and i read somewhere tht he helped awana improve his run up ? seems to know how to work with young bowlers
Even PK did well during the last few matches of KXI. He is a concerned coach unlike Mottu!
Even PK did well during the last few matches of KXI. He is a concerned coach unlike Mottu!
pk will always do well when conditions suit him..last few matches were played in good conditions but ya i agree atleast hei s taking his job seriously even in first match i noticed yadav had a plan..hope he keeps shouting at him for next 2-3 years..:pray:

I still don't understand why some prefer Ishant over Umesh. Yadav has a better SR, better Avg, more wickets per match and has outbowled Sharma everytime they've played together. Ishant has the physique of a proper fast bowler but the problem with him is that he's too defensive in mindset and prefers to wait for the batsman to make mistakes rather than taking the initiative and bowl an attacking line and length.

I still don't understand why some prefer Ishant over Umesh. Yadav has a better SR' date=' better Avg, more wickets per match and has outbowled Sharma everytime they've played together. Ishant has the physique of a proper fast bowler but the problem with him is that he's too defensive in mindset and prefers to wait for the batsman to make mistakes rather than taking the initiative and bowl an attacking line and length.[/quote'] Both Umesh and Ishant have immense potential to be honest. Both are athletic and have right attitude for fast bowlers. One bad thing happened to Ishant was that he got trained by Venkatesh prasad. He taught him to bowl slower and he was coached badly in his beginning stages of his career. I am sure he will back come back harder. He needs lot of support from our captain and selectors, he is a huge talent and should not be wasted.
I still don't understand why some prefer Ishant over Umesh. Yadav has a better SR' date=' better Avg, more wickets per match and has outbowled Sharma everytime they've played together. Ishant has the physique of a proper fast bowler but the problem with him is that he's too defensive in mindset and prefers to wait for the batsman to make mistakes rather than taking the initiative and bowl an attacking line and length.[/quote'] Ishant has around 150 wickets already for such a young age. He is younger than Umesh. Umesh is currently our best strike bowler though and should definitely play.
Ishant has around 150 wickets already for such a young age. He is younger than Umesh. Umesh is currently our best strike bowler though and should definitely play.
Ishant has 133 wickets because he has played 45 Test matches. Most countries would've dropped him for good after such continued mediocre performances. But I agree he has immense potential to improve and also has age on his side.
Ishant has 133 wickets because he has played 45 Test matches. Most countries would've dropped him for good after such continued mediocre performances. But I agree he has immense potential to improve and also has age on his side.
Ishant will not be dropped for good simply because there are very few alternatives. Plus he has all the required ingredients to be a good fast bowler, so he'll be on the radar of the selectors for the next 3-4 years. If he cannot perform with distinction in these 3-4 years, then he'll surely be out. He is at least doing some right things by choosing international cricket over IPL and playing as many domestic games as possible after his comeback.
Apart from Srinath, Zaheer and Kapil we haven't produced a fast bowler who has played more than 45 tests in long history. I give credit to Ishant for being fit at least. Again as I said, Umesh and Zaheer should play first 2-3 tests against Eng. Ishant should play a bit more of Ranji.
Apart from Srinath, Zaheer and Kapil we haven't produced a fast bowler who has played more than 45 tests in long history. I give credit to Ishant for being fit at least. Again as I said, Umesh and Zaheer should play first 2-3 tests against Eng. Ishant should play a bit more of Ranji.
In fact, other than the four mentioned, there has been no Indian pacer who has played 40 Tests. Prabhakar, Madan Lal and Karsan Ghavri all got stuck at 39.