IT's upper caste's turn to suffer: Tamilandu govt. counsel to SC

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/its-turn-of-upper-caste-to-suffer-tn-govt-tells-sc/46965-3.html "There are various tiers for backwardness," he said before the Bench, also comprising Justices Arijit Pasayat, CK Thakker, RV Raveendran and Dalveer Bhandari. While Salve had strong opposition to the Central Educational Institution (Reservation for Admission) Act, 2006, senior advocate K Parasaran, appearing for the Tamil Nadu Government said: "They (upper caste) dominated for centuries and now they should suffer." At this, the Bench said suppose only 10 per cent people were the oppressor, then why the 90 per cent people should suffer now. Salve also said it cannot be said if Brahmins have oppressed others in Tamil Nadu for years, now it was their turn. I always felt the way they were implemenating affrimative action it smacked of vendetta politics.

Yes , totally shocking for him to say that. He must be fired or prosecuted for saying what he did. P.S - To actually say that upper caste have dominated for many years and therefore have to suffer is like going to a family which has been rich for many generations and telling them to surrender all their wealth and live in poverty from then on , since they have been wealthy for a long time.

Guest dada_rocks

sickness of stand notwithstanding the notion that upper caste dominated hardly holds warter on close scrutinty.. by all accounts at least 67% of ruling class have been from OBC over the years; we have had most celebrated dynasties from OBC such as maruryan empire..

Saddest thing about this dravidian party people is that they buy the aryan invasion theory (a flawed theory by a liberal anthropologist Max mueller, who was operating under some very limited understanding of the subcontinent and drummed up by the brits because of its divisive nature falling PERFECTLY in line with their divide-n-rule philosophy). They actually think they are a different race than us and we 'aryans' banged their chicks and slaughtered their male 'muslim invader' style in the days of ram-laxman. Go figure!

Guest dada_rocks
Someone should drag the TN govt to court and get karunanidhi's ass whipped ...... It is amazing how any one can come out with such statements .....
PIL by some non=political organizatio is the only way out becasue none of the politicains can dare to highlight this sickness such is the political compulsion in present day india

Guest dada_rocks
Holy Cow' date=' Looks like the message board is full of upper caste folks.I don't hear any voice of pro-reservationists so far! :D[/quote'] there are many voice for pro sc/st reservation this obc one which is baseless doesn't find any support.. btw this year's topper of upsc was obc..

there are many voice for pro sc/st reservation this obc one which is baseless doesn't find any support.. btw this year's topper of upsc was obc..
Seriously though , you may be right. Many a times I feel OBC's themselves have participated in discrimination of Dalits. Example Gowdas ( the farmer class) in Karantaka who are in the same economic bracket as other so called upper castes have treated the Vokaligaras(Dalits) very badly themselves. So , while I support reservation for Dalits who are really the downtrodden , I would hesitate to do so against these OBC's .

Guest dada_rocks
Seriously though ' date=' [b']you may be right. Many a times I feel OBC's themselves have participated in discrimination of Dalits. Example Gowdas ( the farmer class) in Karantaka who are in the same economic bracket as other so called upper castes have treated the Vokaligaras(Dalits) very badly themselves. So , while I support reservation for Dalits who are really the downtrodden , I would hesitate to do so against these OBC's .
U are right on the money even today in Bihar one cursory look at news-paper reveal this fact.. Sc panga ismien nahin kar rahi hai ki reservation na do.. although they don't deserve reservation period.. panga ismien hai ki creamy layer ko hataya jaye ki nahin.. for soem twisted reason mera beta laloo yadav ke bete se jyada privileged life ji raha hai as per latest round of obs reservation.. aur fir doosara locha hai 1934 ka case-data ka use creamy layer ke definition ke liye jaki NSS ka naya data avialable hai.... but they won't use that because that puts most of the socalled obc into upper caste category

Holy Cow' date=' Looks like the message board is full of upper caste folks.I don't hear any voice of pro-reservationists so far! :D[/quote'] You dont need to be an upper caste to voice your opinion against Reservations.

But ' date=' why would a lower caste voice concern against reservations especially if it benefits them ?[/quote'] That is a very limited way to look at things. If you are going to support a rule just because it benefits you but harms the larger national interest , that is not proper.