1. 1.

• McCullum
    • Guptil
    • Taylor
    • Williamson
    • Van Wyk
    • None of the NZ bat
    • Other batsmen (state it in thread)

So Rohit didnt look out of depth in the Srilanka tour? Or during the CB series? Or Mathews and Perera part of some fearsome bowling attack?
His problem was that he was expected to score quickly in shorter format. With every dot ball pressure gets piled on resulting in brain-farts and slogs. Case in point one of his innings in SL where he was scoreles off 9 deliveries and then played an ugly slog to get off the mark. In Tests Rohit can bide his time and even if it takes 15 balls to get off the mark he can take his time. He doesn't have the same luxury in shorter formats. Give Rohit a chance in Tests which his FC record demands and then judge him.
His problem was that he was expected to score quickly in shorter format. With every dot ball pressure gets piled on resulting in brain-farts and slogs. Case in point one of his innings in SL where he was scoreles off 9 deliveries and then played an ugly slog to get off the mark. In Tests Rohit can bide his time and even if it takes 15 balls to get off the mark he can take his time. He doesn't have the same luxury in shorter formats.
In four of the 5 matches in Srilanka he lost his wicket trying to defend. So much for trying to score quickly :cantstop:
Give Rohit a chance in Tests which his FC record demands and then judge him.
That applies just as much to Badri as well.
That's why Rohit needs to given a run in the Test team.
where have i said he doesnt deserve a run in test cricket ? :idontknow: I have already said ROhit also deserves a run ahead of badri too.All i was pointing out is the same logic should apply to Badri too.You cant have have different yardsticks for players based on bias.
In four of the 5 matches in Srilanka he lost his wicket trying to defend. So much for trying to score quickly :cantstop:
Nope, most o fthe times Rohit got out while trying to play across the line in order to rotate the strike, and getting bowled or LBW in the process. He won't have to worry about making every ball count in Tests and playing across the line.
Nope' date=' most o fthe times Rohit got out while trying to play across the line in order to rotate the strike, and getting bowled or LBW in the process. He won't have to worry about making every ball count in Tests and playing across the line.[/quote'] That was due to fault in his technique.The initial front foot movement and head falling away from the line of delivery.Not because he was bogged down by pressure. Mate i am not saying due to these deficiences he shouldnt play test cricket for India.He will improve and sort out his technique the more he plays test cricket.And he definitely deserves chances for India in test cricket based on his domestic form.But the problem is trying to make it as if failing pathetically is ok but struggling against WI means not good enough. Fact is regardless of the opposition you cant and shouldnt judge players capabilities for test cricket based on ODIS.Its not because Badri is from TN it should apply for everyone.It should have applied for Kaif too.
That was due to fault in his technique.The initial front foot movement and head falling away from the line of delivery.Not because he was bogged down by pressure. Mate i am not saying due to these deficiences he shouldnt play test cricket for India.He will improve and sort out his technique the more he plays test cricket.And he definitely deserves chances for India in test cricket based on his domestic form.But the problem is trying to make it as if failing pathetically is ok but struggling against WI means not good enough. Fact is regardless of the opposition you cant and shouldnt judge players capabilities for test cricket based on ODIS.Its not because Badri is from TN it should apply for everyone.It should have applied for Kaif too.
Well to me Rohit's problems look more to do with the format as he doesn't know how to rotate the strike. I find him very Laxman like in this respect - bth stroke makers who love to hit 4s but can't do much in odis as the field is spread and the shots find the fielders instead of going for 4. Badrinath on the other hand was found wanting in terms of technique and skill. His problems were not mental adjustment but that he wasnt able to cope up with WI bowlers and that too Sammy and Russell who bounced out Badri.
Nope' date=' most o fthe times Rohit got out while trying to play across the line in order to rotate the strike, and getting bowled or LBW in the process. He won't have to worry about making every ball count in Tests and playing across the line.[/quote'] Tendulkar still played the same way in this series falling away on straight deliveries. If there is no pressure in tests to rotate strike why did Sachin the Master fell?? Its a fecking point to say Rohit fell due to pressure of rotating strike ... I remember some innings in sri lanka he got out 4th ball when we were batting first ... Is that pressure of scoring :rofl: Badri failed in just one series ... Had you not seen Rohit earlier and he would have got out the way he went in sri lanka and then thrown out you guys would have had the same impression about rohit as you now have about badrinath. Lets see Badrinath in the format he likes and then decide. Period.
Tendulkar still played the same way in this series falling away on straight deliveries. If there is no pressure in tests to rotate strike why did Sachin the Master fell?? Its a fecking point to say Rohit fell due to pressure of rotating strike ... I remember some innings in sri lanka he got out 4th ball when we were batting first ... Is that pressure of scoring :rofl: Badri failed in just one series ... Had you not seen Rohit earlier and he would have got out the way he went in sri lanka and then thrown out you guys would have had the same impression about rohit as you now have about badrinath. Lets see Badrinath in the format he likes and then decide. Period.
So Tendulkar fell the same way in Tests but what does it have to do with Rohit? :dontknow: Unless Rohit is given a fair shot in Tests you can't know for sure what he can or cannot do in Tests. The reason Rohit gets more rope is coz of a few innings he has played in intl cricket against good bowlers in tough conditions. Badri hasn't done so and that's why his rope will be shorter but IMO it was galling to see Badri strugle against Sammy and Russell.
So Tendulkar fell the same way in Tests but what does it have to do with Rohit? :dontknow: Unless Rohit is given a fair shot in Tests you can't know for sure what he can or cannot do in Tests. The reason Rohit gets more rope is coz of a few innings he has played in intl cricket against good bowlers in tough conditions. Badri hasn't done so and that's why his rope will be shorter but IMO it was galling to see Badri strugle against Sammy and Russell.
Rohit has played few good innings in Intl. games because he has got more oppourtunities. Give the same oppourtunities to Badri and then ask me this. Its all I ask to be impartial. IMO it was Galling to see Rohit struggle against Perera and Matthews
Rohit has played few good innings in Intl. games because he has got more oppourtunities. Give the same oppourtunities to Badri and then ask me this. Its all I ask to be impartial. IMO it was Galling to see Rohit struggle against Perera and Matthews
He got those opportunities as he showed what he could do in the few chances he got up front - helping us win the T20 Cup and contributing in the CB Series win. Whatever chances Bari have got so far he hasn't looked anything special IMO.
He got those opportunities as he showed what he could do in the few chances he got up front - helping us win the T20 Cup and contributing in the CB Series win. Whatever chances Bari have got so far he hasn't looked anything special IMO.
You are really one to make point of.. There is something called form. Had sachin been dropped after the first few chances he got he would never have been the batsman he is now. Fact is when Badri had those few chance in one series he was terribly out of form and those phases come in every batsmans life. He needs to be given some more chances.

Would have picked Rohit over Raina any day. Raina & Yuvi have got more shots at Test cricket than they deserve. The biggest shock is Rahane. If Raina is picked for the series against England I don't see him getting a chance. Most of the cricketers started down the order. Rahane needs to do really well at #6 and open in the future. Am pretty sure Sehwag will go down the order, may be at #4 after Sachin retires. The ball would stay old and if we go on to make a solid start, Sehwag can take it on from there alongside with a Pujara or a Kohli. After his 50 in the first innings Raina bragged about turning it into a big one next time. As per for Raina, he thinks Test cricket is all about blocking odd balls and to play big shots to make sure the team and the crowd doesn't think he is going too slow. His 0 (30) was pretty much similar to yesterday's innings, where he was trying to impress others. And if he thinks he can play his natural game in Test cricket, he should stop dreaming about an other shot in Test level.

The Playing XI ranking before/during the NZ Test Series. Lets us watch where they end up after the series.

Batsmen- No code has to be inserted here. Bowlers- No code has to be inserted here.

Ranking Post Kiwi series.

Batsmen- No code has to be inserted here. Bowlers- No code has to be inserted here.

Would have picked Rohit over Raina any day. Raina & Yuvi have got more shots at Test cricket than they deserve. The biggest shock is Rahane. If Raina is picked for the series against England I don't see him getting a chance. Most of the cricketers started down the order. Rahane needs to do really well at #6 and open in the future. Am pretty sure Sehwag will go down the order, may be at #4 after Sachin retires. The ball would stay old and if we go on to make a solid start, Sehwag can take it on from there alongside with a Pujara or a Kohli. After his 50 in the first innings Raina bragged about turning it into a big one next time. As per for Raina, he thinks Test cricket is all about blocking odd balls and to play big shots to make sure the team and the crowd doesn't think he is going too slow. His 0 (30) was pretty much similar to yesterday's innings, where he was trying to impress others. And if he thinks he can play his natural game in Test cricket, he should stop dreaming about an other shot in Test level.
u know i think rahane playing at no 6 can work normally no 6 has to play 2nd new ball ..will definately do better then raina and badri.. i honestly dont think positions matter that much in tests ya he wont get hundreds but even bit of experience will help him and might score some runs.. (like kohli did in australia)

India rocks: When the Kiwi captain says Bhen***d

Trent Boult bowled the last ball of that over to Gautam Gambhir, and with a lot of help from the Indian opener, found the edge of the bat. The catch flew to Ross Taylor in the slips. He took it comfortably, and kicked the ball high in the air, All Blacks style. He then turned in the direction of Gambhir and appeared to shout Å£hen©Å! Twice, in a space of a few seconds, unless the camera angles fooled me into believing the same event had occurred more than once.
Where did Ross Taylor learn the versatile word? IÃÎ willing to bet he picked it up earlier this year playing for the Delhi Daredevils in the IPL.
http://www.firstpost.com/sports/india-rocks-when-the-kiwi-captain-says-bhend-443016.html Atleast IPL is good for something. :haha: